15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    No, you're triggered because you're getting mad over something that isn't even an attack on your person.
    But I'm not mad. And that isn't even a logical point. If I see someone beating up a child on the internet I'm going to get mad. If I see someone abusing an animal I'm going to get mad. You must be confused because I only referenced hate displayed by others and never once referenced hate displayed by me. I get that English is not the native language for everyone and that I am not the most eloquent of writers.

Please post productively and on-topic. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-03-15 at 10:59 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

So is the trial and the actual game 2 different downloads? Currently downloading the trial, but it created another game case named ME:A Trial, on the side of my deluxe edition that still says pre-load march 17th. Just like the ME3 demo and the actual ME3 being separated...

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's just me, or does every surface look covered in olive oil? Everything in the trailer has this... sheen... to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    So is the trial and the actual game 2 different downloads? Currently downloading the trial, but it created another game case named ME:A Trial, on the side of my deluxe edition that still says pre-load march 17th. Just like the ME3 demo and the actual ME3 being separated...
    If it works like the DA:I trial then yes. But according to http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-...r/td-p/4733854 there is a way to get around downloading it again. If the file sizes of the trial is not the same as the launch game then even that trick won't work
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

43.77GB, good thing i dont have bandwidth limit if i have to dwl that twice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    @May90

We saw the previews. They don't look great.

Man I recall ME3 on hardcore where looking out of cover meant you nearly got oneshot. Good times. The game was an actual challenge ( without min maxing and DLC gear ).

This one looks arcadey and dumbed down as fuck.
    I couldn't care less what it looks like to random people from the Internet. I'm interested in discussing builds, planets, crafting, multiplayer, races.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Maybe it's just me, or does every surface look covered in olive oil? Everything in the trailer has this... sheen... to it.
    DA:I had a problem similar for hair (it looked plastic for some) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okfX7kSIRFw It might be graphics issue, and maybe related to mesh as in that video. I've seen it in other games to and it always bugged me but I learned to get used to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    DA:I had a problem similar for hair (it looked plastic for some) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okfX7kSIRFw It might be graphics issue, and maybe related to mesh as in that video. I've seen it in other games to and it always bugged me but I learned to get used to it.
    I think it is an exaggerated reflection effect, when almost every surface reflects light heavily in all directions. Seems to be present in almost all modern games. It looks pretty weird, but, on the other hand, it gives the graphics a certain charm, I guess!
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    They've got shiny tech with Frostbite and BW seems to adore this for some reason. It's used in other games, but I don't remember it being terribly prevalent in BF1 outside of rain levels and shit. But in DA:I it's like half the bloody world is shining most of the time.

BW definitely needs to tone that shit down. It looks nice, for sure, but it gets exhausting/boring/distracting pretty quickly : /

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They've got shiny tech with Frostbite and BW seems to adore this for some reason. It's used in other games, but I don't remember it being terribly prevalent in BF1 outside of rain levels and shit. But in DA:I it's like half the bloody world is shining most of the time.
    I will definitely be happy when games can convey "wet" with out looking like wrapped in saran/plastic wrap. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUXaIVKzSB4 even Witcher 3 suffered from these issues at times.

Anyone know of any MP streamers/youtubers?

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    There is also this thing that some of us want to discuss the game here, not see walls of people bitching about the game they haven't even gotten a chance to play.
    As a fence-sitter, I'd like to see both. Criticism, if it has any merit and likewise for praise - I want it all!

And I want it now.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

If it works like the DA:I trial then yes. But according to http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-...r/td-p/4733854 there is a way to get around downloading it again. If the file sizes of the trial is not the same as the launch game then even that trick won't work
    Trial is 44 Gb, full game is 55 Gb. Sucks for those with bandwidth limits.

But I'm not mad. And that isn't even a logical point. If I see someone beating up a child on the internet I'm going to get mad. If I see someone abusing an animal I'm going to get mad. You must be confused because I only referenced hate displayed by others and never once referenced hate displayed by me. I get that English is not the native language for everyone and that I am not the most eloquent of writers.
    You claim you're not triggered, then lowkey try to insult me.

Sure bro.

Please post productively and on-topic. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Arlee; 2017-03-15 at 11:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Anyone know of any MP streamers/youtubers?
    https://www.twitch.tv/teawrex popped up for as first on twitch and it seems to currently have the most views.

I will definitely be happy when games can convey "wet" with out looking like wrapped in saran/plastic wrap. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUXaIVKzSB4 even Witcher 3 suffered from these issues at times.
    Sure, I agree. But I think the issue is more that a lot of DA:I/ME:A world seems to be have this "wet" effect even when there's really nothing to be wet. If it's just limited to times when shit is actually supposed to be wet I'm fine with it, it's still a far sight better than what folks were doing last gen for the most part. BW doesn't seem to understand this for some reason, hence why a lot of their game world and characters/textures often "shine" for little to no apparent reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    The problem is that any kind criticism is being considered as "bitching" by many.

I said it before, and I’ll say it again, “bitching” it’s not against the forum rules, if it’s somewhat of a problem to you, just use the mute button or consider creating a private place to keep the discussion going within the parameters you desire, telling people to get the fuck out from the thread because you dislike whatever they are saying about the game it’s just ridiculous.
    Oh, I have zero problem with it. People can post whatever they like, even against forum rules, for all I care. Just saying that I'd prefer this thread to be more constructive than bitchy, is all.

Tim Clark: Last week I wrote that I’d be fine if “Andromeda ends up being just quite a good Mass Effect game”, but today even that feels like a distant dream. I’ll caveat what I’m about to say by noting I’m only six hours in, but right now I’m not sure I even want to play much more, and that hurts given how much I was looking forward to this. Wait until you hear some of the writing, which is regularly straight up asinine. At one point I ran a group of Kett over in the Nomad and Ryder shouted out triumphantly: “Speedbump!” Ugh, ugh, ugh.
    pcgamer .com/we-have-mixed-feelings-about-the-first-few-hours-of-mass-effect-andromeda

Damn, I knew Month ago it would be a shitty Game, but I thought its going to be DA3-Shitty and not MAFIA3-Shitty ._.

https://www.twitch.tv/teawrex popped up for as first on twitch and it seems to currently have the most views.
    Ah right Twitch, cheers.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Of course you have zero problems with it! Thus why we keep going over this over and over, as I said before, that’s just “bitching about bitching” and it’s far less constructive then the simple “bitching” =/
    Are you bitching about people bitching about people bitching again?

If you haven't noticed, I barely post seriously around here. Having a li'l fun, is all!

10+ Year Old Account
    Noticed the impressions coming in so far have been very "polarizing" I guess my comment earlier in this thread were justified. I am so worried about the state of this game.

One thing I can always count of Bioware for is their ability to write interesting characters so I hope thats a main stay still
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-03-15 at 11:40 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance