Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Yeah... the Supreme Court really likes to have their time wasted. Trump will do great.

Didn't scotus already say they wouldn't bother with the first one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Who wants to put money on Trump connecting this to Obama's "fake" Hawaiian birth certificate somehow?

This was not a surprise. It's basically the same justification as last time. Not only that, you have Trump and his administration's words to use against them. They also have the issue of taking Iraq off of the list, after they lobbied for it. It undermines their entire stated intent for the law, which is something that courts can, and do take into account. It would be very difficult to take the forst one to the SC, since the administration sought to push a watered-down version.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Did he add Saudi Arabia this time?
    Nope, and he dropped Iraq off the list, thinking that was the hangup.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Magnificent.

I was concerned the rewrite of the ban would allow them to try wiggling around calling it a muslim ban for months on end. Glad it didn't.

I'm usually not a fan of the judicial branch, but this time I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    It goes back to the 9th Circuit where the first Muslim ban was tossed down.
    Right, so the chances it passes are relatively slim to say the least.

I wonder if the White House is going to go ''third time's the charm!'' or abandon their efforts, which is likely to come with a generous helping of Trump saying ''it's the Court's fault if you aren't protected!!'' or somesuch.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Who wants to put money on Trump connecting this to Obama's "fake" Hawaiian birth certificate somehow?
    I was watching the news when this was reported and they cut to apparently him at a "campaign" event and when he said that it was shut down in Hawaii, all of his supporters booed. Take from that what you will.

No, he didn't include the terror sponsor state who started our war on terror.

It's almost like this president will change just as little as the previous one, despite both of them having their main campaign slogan as big, sweeping, change. Go figure.

(yes, I know not everything falls on the President. It's a joke, relax)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I never get enough of watching you guys melt down and put your contempt for the American system of government on display because the god-king has hit the limits of his power.
    Just pray N. Korea doesn't do something dumb. Trump asks for a DOW. Congress grants it. Trump declares martial law. Shit hits the fan.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Just pray N. Korea doesn't do something dumb. Trump asks for a DOW. Congress grants it. Trump declares martial law. Shit hits the fan.

Pretty sure he would need more than us just being at war.

It's going to be really interesting when he signs an executive order turning off all immigration. That would really settle the issue as it is all encompassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jutath View Post
    It's going to be really interesting when he signs an executive order turning off all immigration. That would really settle the issue as it is all encompassing.
    Republicans would riot. What would Disney do if they couldn't fire their IT employees to replace them with cheap Indians who are supposed to only be able to come for jobs you can't find local workers for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Jutath View Post
    Then who will Trumpy hire his resorts?

Hahaha how the fuck does Stephen Miller still have a job?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Hahaha how the fuck does Stephen Miller still have a job?
    Because he polishes Trump's knob so well. That is why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Didn't scotus already say they wouldn't bother with the first one?
    I think so, but then Trump said "we'll see you in court" after they lost in court. So who knows what happened...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Maybe Trump should stop with the ban. Until then...

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    I think so, but then Trump said "we'll see you in court" after they lost in court. So who knows what happened...
    I'd be surprised if the Court agrees to hear it after its done this poorly in lower courts.

of course not, even took Iraq off it.