Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Once you set the 'healing' window in details over to 'deaths' you'll never go back. You can see the last 5 seconds before each death to see their healing and damage taken. It lets you know which mechanics people failed on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    If you have time to look at the addon, then the fight isn't demanding enough - so you have time for something else.
    And regardless, you DO need something to know how you're doing at that very moment, not 1 hour later, when it's too late and useless anyway.
    I haven't tried details, but I've switched from Recount to Skada a lot of years ago.
    thats why our guild uses realtime logs you can just check after the wipe And when boss is dead you dont care about damage done in the fight so you will get back to logs and check for next week

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    thats why our guild uses realtime logs you can just check after the wipe And when boss is dead you dont care about damage done in the fight so you will get back to logs and check for next week
    Still not efficient enough. A meter addon is faster to watch, can't have 2 monitors showing you the info in real time, it's distracting.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still not efficient enough. A meter addon is faster to watch, can't have 2 monitors showing you the info in real time, it's distracting.
    I think Zaxio meant warcraft log's option (if Live Logging is chosen the fight data will be autouploaded to the wlogs site) to upload the data after a kill/wipe and just check it on the log webpage. Of which I find still more accurate. I usually turn on active logging when we fail relatively hard on something simple. Adding combat replay to the mix as well and you can fix your position problems. So to find out who was exactly the person who stood with their plague in none plagued people having website with combat replay is the best .

However for just meter checking Detail! is the best, beside with Details! as a tank you don't need OMEN as it has a threat tracker built in.

details was good in MoP. Now I mostly use Skada

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    I think Zaxio meant warcraft log's option (if Live Logging is chosen the fight data will be autouploaded to the wlogs site) to upload the data after a kill/wipe and just check it on the log webpage. Of which I find still more accurate. I usually turn on active logging when we fail relatively hard on something simple. Adding combat replay to the mix as well and you can fix your position problems. So to find out who was exactly the person who stood with their plague in none plagued people having website with combat replay is the best .

However for just meter checking Detail! is the best, beside with Details! as a tank you don't need OMEN as it has a threat tracker built in.
    I know what he meant, and I was mocking him as that's not really an option if you raid anything other than normal.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you have time to look at the addon, then the fight isn't demanding enough - so you have time for something else.
    Still not efficient enough. A meter addon is faster to watch, can't have 2 monitors showing you the info in real time, it's distracting
    So watch the meter or not?

Personally, the combo of meter + logs is what I recommend. Meters for more minor problems, like who isn't dpsing the right target or who is standing in what. Logs for more detailed problems, especially handy with mechanical or rotational errors. Once you get use to looking through logs, you can find plenty out quickly enough between boss pulls.

For meters, I've always preferred Details!. It was always more in-sync with logs, at least in terms of healer output, and is pretty straight-forward when it comes to looking at different meter options.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    So watch the meter or not?
    My statements don't exclude each other, so I don't see your point.