Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Trinkets ... again

Ok... here's what I have...

895 draught of souls with a socket (just got tonight)
    895 entwined elemental foci
    875 might of krosus with a socket
    870 claw of the crystalline scorpion
    860 stat stick haste
    860 stat stick crit
    840 faulty countermeasure with a socket
    840 horn of valor

I'm looking for best two for aoe and best two for single target...

Right now I'm doing stat stick haste and claw for aoe and getting good numbers
    I'm using entwined elemental foci and faulty for single target...

I currently have the legendary cloak and legendary belt

Throwsbigrok on gnomeregan

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated... convergence eludes me

I know I should should sim and I'm sorta working on it, but not there yet
    Last edited by bigred; 2017-03-09 at 05:16 AM.

Deleted
    Maybe claw with foci. But i haven't tested foci personally, but if one of those buffs lines up with crusade it can only be beneficial. It's a good combo for both single and AoE.

Ideally you want a higher ilvl horn or fcm... but yeah... drop rates.

First of all, you should sim the trinkets yourself - you will get the best answer like that.

if you don't know how to sim, just look up a sim guide on youtube.

Just from the list ( i cant find you on Armory):

Vendor the Might of krosus.

most likely highest ST trinks will be Faulty and Draught,
    and for AoE probably Claw and Draught.

But Draught is very dependant on your ability to know when to pop it...

good luck in getting a better FCM

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted
    I'd run Foci+Claw given your options.

Draught... i feel you here... i have a 900 version, which i cannot bring myself to use.
    It looks nice on paper, but boy is it a bother due to it's "you cannot move while channeling it".
    Additionally i would say the legendairy cloak lowers the value of this trinket somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Maybe claw with foci. But i haven't tested foci personally, but if one of those buffs lines up with crusade it can only be beneficial. It's a good combo for both single and AoE.

Ideally you want a higher ilvl horn or fcm... but yeah... drop rates.
    Foci is not good, the reason being it doesnt proc that often. Once in a blue moon I get double or triple buff but out of over 200 pulls with this trinkets its happened like three times maybe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post

860 stat stick haste
    860 stat stick crit
    840 horn of valor

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated... convergence eludes me

Might of Krosus is nothing good. For single target I recommend Claw of The Crystalline Scorpion and Draught of Souls. This is pure single target so only Krosus and Star Augur. For aoe fights Claw of the Crystalline Scorpion and Stat stick crit work very well. At this ilv however, Foci may pull ahead every now and then but it is not that reliable. FCM directly competes with Draught for trinket slots and at 840 ilv is not worth taking, the same holds for HoV.

Might of Krosus is nothing good. For single target I recommend Claw of The Crystalline Scorpion and Draught of Souls. This is pure single target so only Krosus and Star Augur. For aoe fights Claw of the Crystalline Scorpion and Stat stick crit work very well. At this ilv however, Foci may pull ahead every now and then but it is not that reliable. FCM directly competes with Draught for trinket slots and at 840 ilv is not worth taking, the same holds for HoV.[/QUOTE]

When you say that FCM directly competes with draught, does that mean I should not use them together? Choose one or the other? And then pick a second trinket for the other one?

860 stat stick haste
    860 stat stick crit
    840 horn of valor

I would use the claw and foci on pretty much every fight. 895 is a ton more strength than your other options, and the claw is just BiS on every single encounter. The draught will win on pure ST fights, but it's incredibly awkward to use, and if there's any amount of cleave whatsoever, it'll probably get outperformed by both the claw and foci.

Might of Krosus is nothing good. For single target I recommend Claw of The Crystalline Scorpion and Draught of Souls. This is pure single target so only Krosus and Star Augur. For aoe fights Claw of the Crystalline Scorpion and Stat stick crit work very well. At this ilv however, Foci may pull ahead every now and then but it is not that reliable. FCM directly competes with Draught for trinket slots and at 840 ilv is not worth taking, the same holds for HoV.
    When you say that FCM directly competes with draught, does that mean I should not use them together? Choose one or the other? And then pick a second trinket for the other one?[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the late response, so some on use trinkets share a CD Im not sure about Draught and FCM. However, Claw of the Crystalline Scorpion beats both of these trinkets in single target. This leaves you with one slot and your Draught is significantly stronger than FCM.

Ilvl is king in NH for th emost part, but you dont want to use DOS because you dont have COF. You want COF with DOS because it brings the cd of crusade more in line with the awkward 1 min 20s cd of DOS.

EEF and Claw are good, use those. Krosus is vendor trash. If you need the haste go with EEF/ stat stick haste but honestly STR is strong right now so it'd prob be better to run claw over the stat stick.

Deleted
    Just to get it in line again:

DoS does NOT scale with Crusade - does it!?
    DoS does NOT cleave at all - does it!?

Using Crusade, CoF has about 1.5 to 2.0 rppm - so it usually lowers the CD of Crusade by 15-20 seconds, right?

Using Crusade is mandatory in EVERY situation... Divine Purpose is not an option at all (maybe M+ but i just talk about NH raid here).

This is what is assume and what i follow. Please correct me, if i am wrong.

But if my assumption is right, why do we want COF and DOS together? Bringing the CD more in line has near to zero advantage... we still don't want to use DoS during Crusade. Using it just after Crusade has zero advantage to using it somewhen else between two Crusades.

DoS is only an option for pure ST fights without or with predictable movement, which can hardly be found in NH.
    CoF is only an option in fights, where you can make full use of an additional Crusade, otherwise it's a pure stat-stick.

Personally i would use Claw + Crit Statstick for shorter fights (< 5 minutes) and Claw + CoF for longer ones... I can hardly find situations where i want to use my 880 DoS over my 885 Hunger or 890 CoF...

Even in M+ Divine Purpose is not an option. 20% is just too low. It'd be more competitive at 25% but it probably would still lose out to Crusade overall.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorrhal View Post
    Just to get it in line again:

DoS does NOT scale with Crusade - does it!?
    DoS does NOT cleave at all - does it!?

Using Crusade, CoF has about 1.5 to 2.0 rppm - so it usually lowers the CD of Crusade by 15-20 seconds, right?

Using Crusade is mandatory in EVERY situation... Divine Purpose is not an option at all (maybe M+ but i just talk about NH raid here).

This is what is assume and what i follow. Please correct me, if i am wrong.

But if my assumption is right, why do we want COF and DOS together? Bringing the CD more in line has near to zero advantage... we still don't want to use DoS during Crusade. Using it just after Crusade has zero advantage to using it somewhen else between two Crusades.

DoS is only an option for pure ST fights without or with predictable movement, which can hardly be found in NH.
    CoF is only an option in fights, where you can make full use of an additional Crusade, otherwise it's a pure stat-stick.

Personally i would use Claw + Crit Statstick for shorter fights (< 5 minutes) and Claw + CoF for longer ones... I can hardly find situations where i want to use my 880 DoS over my 885 Hunger or 890 CoF...
    DoS hits everything in about a 10 yard radius so yes it does cleave. Or at least a Random target in the area doesn't have to hit the same target over it's duration....
    Last edited by Jeirden; 2017-03-14 at 01:39 PM.

Deleted
    So it does not cleave, it just hits a random target in range then...

But after some research i guess i was wrong with my assumption that it does not scale with crusade... Every guide stats one should use DoS with 15 stacks of crusade... Although i cannot find real good logs of rets using DoS at all - so it will be hard to find one who's using DoS within Crusade... maybe because one does not use DoS with cloak!?

Quote Originally Posted by Xorrhal View Post
    So it does not cleave, it just hits a random target in range then...

But after some research i guess i was wrong with my assumption that it does not scale with crusade... Every guide stats one should use DoS with 15 stacks of crusade... Although i cannot find real good logs of rets using DoS at all - so it will be hard to find one who's using DoS within Crusade... maybe because one does not use DoS with cloak!?
    DoS just isn't *that* great for ret truthfully. I have a 900 one and I never use it over my 890 socket CoF and 900 skorp trinket. Basically, the only time you'd use DoS is pure ST, and if you lack the cloak, and if you lack any other good trinkets around the same ilvl. It's super awkward to use due to its CD and it has anti-synergy with our cloak.

I'm in dire need of counsel.
    Got myself Leg Cloak in addition to Leg Belt and Ring(Liadrins Red Rage River one).

But the question is obviously regarding trinkets, as I now also have 850 FCM, Haste Chain from (h)Odyn, Might of (h)Crossus socketed, and this pathetic shitstain from (h)Guldan that is Draught of souls.
    Also I got 2t19 because no luck with drops, and 865 Arcanecrystal as a statstick.

So, I beseech your advice, o the wise masters of Mmo-C

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    I'm in dire need of counsel.
    Got myself Leg Cloak in addition to Leg Belt and Ring(Liadrins Red Rage River one).

But the question is obviously regarding trinkets, as I now also have 850 FCM, Haste Chain from (h)Odyn, Might of (h)Crossus socketed, and this pathetic shitstain from (h)Guldan that is Draught of souls.
    Also I got 2t19 because no luck with drops, and 865 Arcanecrystal as a statstick.

So, I beseech your advice, o the wise masters of Mmo-C
    Question what item level is the haste chain from heroic odyn?

short term answer. due to your cloak legend you will want to use arcanocrystal and FCM. Depending on the itemlevel of your chain you might use that instead of FCM.
    Reasoning- Draught of souls is very subpar with the cloak (due to making you drop the buff), Might of suck even socketed sucks complete balls. and the cloak values gives haste some extra oompfh in terms of stat weights (more haste = easier time keeping the buff up)

Going forward I would advise you get 4t19 as soon as you can. It will be very helpful in maintaining the buff from the cloak.
    Long term wise I would also advise looking for high item level sup par pieces of t19. (gloves/cloak) so that come 7.2 and TOS you are able to use both 2 piece t19 and 4 piece t20. your legendaries come 7.2 will be belt and ret ring. barring any amazing change.
    God forbid I see a cast bar on my target. I'm going to interrupt that cast out of fucking existence. I will rebuke that spell out of the game data, that's how I'm going to roll with my pally now.

Quote Originally Posted by vacor View Post
    Question what item level is the haste chain from heroic odyn?

short term answer. due to your cloak legend you will want to use arcanocrystal and FCM. Depending on the itemlevel of your chain you might use that instead of FCM.
    Reasoning- Draught of souls is very subpar with the cloak (due to making you drop the buff), Might of suck even socketed sucks complete balls. and the cloak values gives haste some extra oompfh in terms of stat weights (more haste = easier time keeping the buff up)

Going forward I would advise you get 4t19 as soon as you can. It will be very helpful in maintaining the buff from the cloak.
    Long term wise I would also advise looking for high item level sup par pieces of t19. (gloves/cloak) so that come 7.2 and TOS you are able to use both 2 piece t19 and 4 piece t20. your legendaries come 7.2 will be belt and ret ring. barring any amazing change.
    Thank you for thorough response.

Chain is simply 875, non-socketed.

I know about Draught though, it's beyond awful.

Regarding t19 though, I can see how it can help with Cloak uptime, but it's itemization makes me cringe. I'm already at 26% mastery.

On the last part regarding subpar pieces and Leg pieces switching, why would I switch out of Cloak come 7.2? Because of t19 and t20 combo?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Thank you for thorough response.

Chain is simply 875, non-socketed.

I know about Draught though, it's beyond awful.

Regarding t19 though, I can see how it can help with Cloak uptime, but it's itemization makes me cringe. I'm already at 26% mastery.

On the last part regarding subpar pieces and Leg pieces switching, why would I switch out of Cloak come 7.2? Because of t19 and t20 combo?
    1st off let aplogize for not explaining well enough. That is on me. The reasoning in 7.2 is that we will be able to wear both 2p tier 19 and 4 piece t20. Due to that. the cloak legendary will be put to the wayside for the time being ( since it takes a tier slot) Tier 19 gloves and cloak are to my understanding the worst set items. the other 4 slots ( head/legs/chest/shoulders) would be taken by tier 20. which should result in a larger DPS boost compared to 4piece t20 and using legendary cloak. BIS legends in this case are the belt and ret ring. ( possible Sephuz still need to figure that out )

obviously take all this with a grain of salt since cant really test much and alot of its pure thought and guesswork.
    On the brighter side Mastery should be alot stronger come 7.2 for the following reasons

tier 20 4 piece - Mastery now effects Blade of justice/Divine Hammer.

Also one of the new artifact traits is Righteous Verdict (0/4) Holy power spending abilitys increase the damage of your next blade of justice/divine hammer by 5% increasing by 5% per rank. Small buff to mastery when included with the 4 piece set.

lastly another trait is Judge Unworthy (0/1) When you deal damage to a target afflicted by judgemnet, it has a 50% chance to spread to a nearby target. this one still has some quess work involved since I am unable to test the PTR this time. But the 2 ways I can see this work
    A) 50% chance on spreading the Damage to another target. Rets would become very very strong on cleave and AOE and greater judgement would be very powerfull.
    b) 50% chance of spreading the judgement Debuff to another target. Also very powerful ( not sure if would reapply judgement at max duration or at the duration you hit the target at.

in either case Mastery becomes stronger.
    God forbid I see a cast bar on my target. I'm going to interrupt that cast out of fucking existence. I will rebuke that spell out of the game data, that's how I'm going to roll with my pally now.

Another trinket dilemma, mainly because Im using AMR and it is telling me perhaps something out of date.

I have the following Im deciding on:
    895 DoS
    885 Claw
    900 Str/Mastery

Ive been using Str/Mastery+Claw bc that is the AMR advice. Been switching to DoS to use when at full stacks of Crusade bc Im assuming those are synergistic. I have total garbage legendaries currently so nothing there to consider in this.

Is the 900 Str/Mastery just out and out useless due to the low priority of mast stat for ret? What about AE?
    thanks

SFBayGamer, DoS/Claw, though the str/mastery trinket might be better with T20 4P. Mastery is so bad for AOE right now, it's ridiculous.