Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Predatory violent crime is lower in the U.K. Too.
    way to throw in the predatory to make it fit your agenda.

Violent Crime in UK > Violent Crime in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    so growth was so large that people would have literally seen there rates go up 100% in a few years in certain areas? i doubt that
    Premium growth was faster before Obamacare. I'm sorry that that fact is so inconvenient for you.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    and that was the problem iwth obamacare - if the democrats relaly wanted to help people, maybe they should have gone with something like what denmark has. instead of fucking the middle class to help the poor.
    They tried, but hey - conservatives sabotaged the public option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

That's not running the VA. That's running a committee in a different branch of government.
    You're right but I'm just trying to be charitable to him.

Replacing homocides woth violent crimes where people survive would be great. You might want to think that dumb talking point through.
    lets take a look at chicago should we? literally banned guns. yet there was over 4000 gunshot victims last year (reported). that worked so well didn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    lets take a look at chicago should we? literally banned guns. yet there was over 4000 gunshot victims last year (reported). that worked so well didn't it?
    Largely because, get this, Chicago can't control the neighbouring states having incredibly lax gun laws.

Gun control doesn't work on a state-by-state basis because there are no border controls between states.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

way to throw in the predatory to make it fit your agenda.

Violent Crime in UK > Violent Crime in the US.
    I thew it in because I'm not an idiot, and as someone who isnt an idiot I know that the U.K. Counts violent crime very differently than the US. They count every random bar fight as a violent crime, and we do not. They count every domestic dispute incident as a violent crime, and we do not. predatory violent crime is what actually equalizes that playing field.

- - - Updated - - -

Know where all those guns in Chicago come from? Nearby states with lax gun laws.
    -ynnady

What does this have to do with gun violence?

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    What does this have to do with gun violence?
    Because a lot of conservatives can't discuss any topic without bringing up guns.
    -ynnady

you can have your free health care when i am not getting fined because i can't bloody afford it, and am not allowed to have the same free coverage others have. oh. and when i actually get my doctor back.

obamacare lied and lied and lied again
    keep docs -nope.
    coverage better then ever - nope.
    rates won't go up - nope.

my rates went up, while my coverage went down, and i have to find a new doctor (after i get health insurance, again).
    Pull yourself up by your bootstraps.

So lazy.

Overall, between his budget, his tax plan, and his healthcare plan. When I try to imagine the best description of his overall policies. The best I can come up with is when you drive by and see one of those piece of shit trailers that are more rust than metal and about to fall apart with a bunch of destroyed toys around so you know they have kids but it has a $100,000 sports car setting in the driveway.

Can't afford a proper roof over our head, can't afford to feed or cloth our kids but we can afford to go out to the car shows and show off. Literally the best description I can possibly give of the current administrations approach to this nation as a whole.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Can't afford a proper roof over our head, can't afford to feed or cloth our kids but we can afford to go out to the car shows and show off. Literally the best description I can possibly give of the current administrations approach to this nation as a whole.
    Even though it's an analogy, you are still exaggerating how dire the situation is. The problem with Trump's plan as I see it is that he goes after tiny programs to appease his base instead of doing the politically unpopular thing and going after truly wasteful government programs that put the country in debt.

A more accurate analogy would be someone deciding to stop spending money on candy and instead put that money into buying toys. Instead of just stopping spending on everything else in your budget that actually causes you to be in debt in the first place, you allocate money from some arbitrary thing into another.

With a national debt quickly approaching $20 Trillion, federal spending had to finally get gutted. And as entitlement spending is the very last thing the federal government should be spending money on, they absolutely should be the first to get cut. Defense, transportation, infrastructure, Social Security and responsible education and Medicare spending are the only things the federal government is supposed to be spending money on.

The federal government should be spending tax dollars on things like PBS, or giving out Block Grants that states then turn around and spend of hundreds of different entitlement programs. Trump did not cut or cancel the Meals on Wheels program. He just cut spending on the various block grant programs that are just one of Meals on Wheels funding sources. Liberals just look through the programs that might see their budgets cut as a result and spread fake news headlines as clickbait that Trump was cancelling it altogether. The outrage over the school lunch program is nonsense too. It's not something federal tax dollars should be paying for. The government should be looking for ways to create jobs and increase wages so people can feed their own kids. Which is what Trump's budget plan does.

That's the problem with entitlement programs, you give them to people to help them out and then they feel entitled to them forever. But the actual purpose of the federal government is create an environment within the country where people don't need those programs any more. But it's been the tactic of the Democrat party since WWII to keep coming up with new entitlement programs and to destroy the economy to make as many people as possible depend on those programs, so that when a responsible politician comes along and tries to get those people off the government dole the Democrat party can label them a monster that wants to hurt kids, or old people, or minorities, or whoever else they can think of.

There are people who live in families who have been on welfare for multiple generations because Democrats ended the work for welfare requirement. Obama got unemployment benefits extended from 6 months to over 2 years, yet never passed a single jobs plan in his 8 years in office. For all the jobs Obama "created" while in office, over 80% were part time and/or minimum wage jobs. The federal government, either directly or indirectly, should not be funding Meals on Wheels. If anyone wants programs like that, they either need to be privately funded, or funded at the state level. And that does not mean funding them at that state level via federal block grants like they are now. If the people in California want to fund free meals to the seniors in California, than the people in California need to pay for it. And if the people in Idaho don't want to fund free meals for seniors, that's their right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Beefing up the military, undermining electected officials, praising the police, all while demonizing the justice system, then making the poor suffer so they can rely on him later. Sure glad this isn't a recipe for a dictatorship. <removes tinfoilhat>
    I don't see how this makes the poor suffer. It just makes everyone suffer because there is currently only maybe 5 people in the upper echelons of government concerned about responsible spending with hundreds of others arguing over the semantics of bad ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Even though it's an analogy, you are still exaggerating how dire the situation is. The problem with Trump's plan as I see it is that he goes after tiny programs to appease his base instead of doing the politically unpopular thing and going after truly wasteful government programs that put the country in debt.

A more accurate analogy would be someone deciding to stop spending money on candy and instead put that money into buying toys. Instead of just stopping spending on everything else in your budget that actually causes you to be in debt in the first place, you allocate money from some arbitrary thing into another.
    Not really, mine seems more apt.

He is trying to remove funding from the public school programs to direct them towards the voucher initiative. He is defunding the EPA and countless other programs and even going as far as defunding the PBS station which costs less than we are projected to spend on Trumps vacations and Ivanka living in New York. All to throw towards an already overfunded program that doesn't need more funding, it needs to be overhauled and trimmed as even their own reports they were caught burying showed how they were wasting over 5 billion every year.

Cutting the EPA, cutting Education, cutting medical and scientific research. He is pretty much doing what I described.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Obama shrunk the deficit. Clinton shrunk the deficit. You are living in a fantasy world.
    Yes you're correct. I got all caught up by not using the word debt and used deficit mistakenly instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    shitty British comedies (using that term loosely since they arent funny at all)
    US comedies are the best, canned crowd laughter and all.
    I mean how are you supposed to know what's funny if they don't teleprompt you to laugh. I can see why you're confused by British (or any other kind of) humor.
    You're not the target audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Not really, mine seems more apt.

He is trying to remove funding from the public school programs to direct them towards the voucher initiative. He is defunding the EPA and countless other programs and even going as far as defunding the PBS station which costs less than we are projected to spend on Trumps vacations and Ivanka living in New York. All to throw towards an already overfunded program that doesn't need more funding, it needs to be overhauled and trimmed as even their own reports they were caught burying showed how they were wasting over 5 billion every year.

Cutting the EPA, cutting Education, cutting, medical and scientific research. He is pretty much doing what I described.
    He is doing those things because he needs to signal that he is trimming government fat off like he promised. The problem is that those things are like 1% of the fat compared to Medicare/Medicaid. I don't think the EPA, Edu department or research or w/e deserve any government funding but that's not the point. Those things are cost effective as far as federal programs go. Medicare/Medicaid and social security are not cost effective by any stretch of the imagination and I imagine the military isn't either but I'm not an expert on that. The one good thing he is doing is in my view is pushing school vouchers.

This budget is considered DOA according to some senators on both sides of the aisle but I fear the end result is probably going to be just as bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Entire election cycle Trump says he will cut the fat on governmental departments and stream line them more proficiently with less spending. Media and the mmo-ot millennials say it can't be done. Trump does it, Media and the mmo-ot millennials complain.

Amount of wasteful spending in Government departments of any country is truly staggering and the general public never know how bad it is. I remember a report that did about a fraction of a news cycle here a few years back showed just how bad it is but nothing gets done about it.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Entire election cycle Trump says he will cut the fat on governmental departments and stream line them more proficiently with less spending. Media and the mmo-ot millennials say it can't be done. Trump does it, Media and the mmo-ot millennials complain.

Amount of wasteful spending in Government departments of any country is truly staggering and the general public never know how bad it is. I remember a report that did about a fraction of a news cycle here a few years back showed just how bad it is but nothing gets done about it.
    A lot of fraud also and loopholes. Here's a fun one that is true. Apply for citizenship and you can get government healthcare before your application is approved.