Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    I can believe this, I remember finding the stuff with the kids to be pretty dreadful when I 1st watched Power Rangers and quite likeing the martial arts/robot bits.

When it 1st came out, my younger sister was a big fan (most little kids were, heh) and so I decided I hated it simply because "It's for kids I'm not a kid...so I hate it!"...stupid teenage logic, haha.

I actually became interested in the show and became a fan during the green ranger arc, then lost interest again after it ended
    . I'll watch the odd episode if I happen to catch one and I'm home, but it's not a series I've bothered to keep track of.
    Yeah, I mean I enjoy it for what it is and don't put a lot of thought into it. I'm probably at the age where I should stop watching it, but haven't. Granted when I was younger I use to watch it all the time. Now I just wait till midseason and end of season and binge them all at once. Their counterpart though I do find a lot more interesting. Sometimes a bit more depth and the story can be a bit darker too. You can also tell how cheap the American version is because of how they write the stories around the footage they use. Biggest example was Super MegaForce looked extremely butchered whereas it's counterpart Gokaiger each episode was a homeage to a past season (since it was an anniversary season like SMF) but was done in a good way. I know a lot of people will always suggest watching it to get a feel for each series themes and such.

aw yeah adam in space episode was the best.

adam best ranger

- - - Updated - - -

its almost psycho rangers time! best power ranger arc!
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

And now the end of the best arc is done on twitch along with one of the better seasons imo. =( (Space just ended and Lost Galaxy is starting)

At first I was just casually enjoying this stream for the cheesy silliness, but wow, Power Rangers in Space was actually legitimately good. Turning the show into Star Trek after Turbo was a great move.

why did these outfits get repurposed so many times though
    i feel like there's a divergence in tone here

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Actually its Super Sentai with all the non-fighting stuff made in house in America.

Super Sentai came out in 1975, Voltron came out in 1984.
    By Super Sentai copied Lord of the Rings. This trumps any copying by Voltron. Frodo, Gandalf and Voltron are kings. So super sentai is a copy of voltron. Trust me its a law of physics due to the awesome power of Lord of the Rings and Team Voltron.

lost galaxy isnt as good as i remembered.

psycho ranger crossover waiting room :P

- - - Updated - - -

all the best seasons of power rangers are the ones where they think its getting cancelled.

we should threaten to cancel power rangers every season!
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the Space and Lost Galaxy eras weren't bad. I don't think I've seen any after that.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

For all intents and purposes the series ends after In Space. They get rid of the continuity and just give up on any kind of cohesive story.

AW YEAH woke up in time for the crossover episode.

karone new pink ranger!

- - - Updated - - -

LIGHTSPEED RESCUE!

the season where super military secret underwater agents fight demons because... reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    LIGHTSPEED RESCUE!

the season where super military secret underwater agents fight demons because... reasons
    First time I saw the trailer I always referenced them as the Peppermint Rangers because of their suits.

man lightspeed is actually way better than i remember. and there was alot more titanium ranger than i remembered.

time force is one of the best seasons too. cant wait.

then its on to wild force, whos red ranger is currently in prison for killing his roommate with a god damn sword

I loved time force, wasn't one of the rangers another ancestor or something. I can still remember the main baddies face clear as day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    I loved time force, wasn't one of the rangers another ancestor or something. I can still remember the main baddies face clear as day.
    The future red ranger [I]*dies*[/I], they travel to the past to avenge and capture the mutant. They find out they can't unlock morphers without red's morpher approval. They then see this guy that looks like him, has him try it on and find out he's a DNA match. So he's somehow related, but they don't say much on how.

While I liked Time Force and thought it was better than Galaxy/Lightspeed, I was really disappointed because there wasn't really any time traveling. The previews / intro all made it seem like there would be.

- - - Updated - - -

And now it's Time for...Time Force

10+ Year Old Account
    As a kid I never realized how bad the acting was. I enjoyed the series up to In Space, the series had a continuation up to that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was only just a little too old when Power Rangers came out, So I didn't hit that bandwagon when everyone else did. I tohught it was a bit silly from the episodes I watched though.

Good for those that enjoyed them though. I grew up with Transformers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Thundercats, equally silly cartoons but I was at the age that embraced it
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-03-20 at 09:09 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I was only just a little too old when Power Rangers came out, So I didn't hit that bandwagon when everyone else did. I tohught it was a bit silly from the episodes I watched though.

Good for those that enjoyed them though. I grew up with Transformers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Thundercats, equally silly cartoons but I was at the age that embraced it
    While age only plays a small factor, the big part is whether or not you enjoyed them. I grew up with Transformers and Ninja Turtles as well and I found this intriguing. Nothing over the top, but enough to have some interest and something to watch on TV.

murderer red ranger time.

dont give him a sword!

- - - Updated - - -

POWER RANGERS MANSLAUGHTER FORCE

- - - Updated - - -

man the wild force rangers look so skinny and gangly and weak. probably the worst costumes imo or atleast one of.

but woop woop wolf ranger episodes!

after that its forever red waiting room boys!

then ninja storm, then tommy come back season!

- - - Updated - - -

hmm, ive noticed that as the seasons go on, the megazord battles have become increasingly short and 99% of the time now its "gg we win cuz we slashed/shot you like 2 times"

in the older series the megazord fights would go on for longer and plenty of times the rangers would lose (atleast initially)

now, unless the rangers are fighting an evil rangers megazord or its like the last couple episodes the zords just win all the times with no problems and little effort.

megazords honestly feel kind of pointless now, i actually wouldnt mind a season that completely removed megazords or replaced them with something else, however something like that would almost assuredly require sentai doing this first just like theyve said having a female red ranger (for the whole series, not temporary or an alt ranger) would never be done unless sentai does it first

seasons go on, the megazord battles have become increasingly short and 99% of the time now its "gg we win cuz we slashed/shot you like 2 times"

in the older series the megazord fights would go on for longer and plenty of times the rangers would lose (atleast initially)
    It's the way they butchered and sliced it (remember Wild Force - RPM is the Disney era). Sentai footage had more mecha scenes.

just like theyve said having a female red ranger (for the whole series, not temporary or an alt ranger) would never be done unless sentai does it first
    That's just a copout / scapegoat excuse. They could do it if they wanted too. They just don't want to deal with any possible backlash. If it was such a big deal for them then they wouldn't be having Male Sentai Suits/Actors turn into Females in the series. Most of the Yellow rangers you see are actually guys in Sentai. For some that are a bit more observant you can definitely see the details that back it up without watching said Sentai.

So they could just as easily have a female play the role of red without the skirt.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2017-03-22 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It's the way they butchered and sliced it (remember Wild Force - RPM is the Disney era). Sentai footage had more mecha scenes.

That's just a copout / scapegoat excuse. They could do it if they wanted too. They just don't want to deal with any possible backlash. If it was such a big deal for them then they wouldn't be having Male Sentai Suits/Actors turn into Females in the series. Most of the Yellow rangers you see are actually guys in Sentai. For some that are a bit more observant you can definitely see the details that back it up without watching said Sentai.

So they could just as easily have a female play the role of red without the skirt.
    oh i know they could if they really wanted to, i just dont think saban or disney have the guts to do it unless sentai does it first and toy sales show that boys still buy the red ranger figures

oh i know they could if they really wanted to, i just dont think saban or disney have the guts to do it unless sentai does it first and toy sales show that boys still buy the red ranger figures
    Well Disney has nothing to do with it now. It's just Saban and of course Bandai oversees toy sales for every country I believe (Sentai / Power Rangers / Foreign dubs)