Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Blizzard's business model for wow revolves around maximizing subscription retention through new content releases. Blizzard isn't going to cost themselves hundreds of thousands of subscriptions just to one up another mmo that is in no way, shape or form compitition.

Also the very fact that Blizzard has decided to release content patches well in advance of the release of new raid tiers actually does show Blizzard has learned to pace raid tiers better. It is astounding to me how people here with thousands of posts somehow manage to miss information that gets posted and reposted here on a near daily basis.
    Youd be amazed with how much FF XIV is growing/has grown and how much WoW is shrinking/has shrunk, and Blizzard has always released some sort of major patch near to other MMOs major expacs or when new MMOs are released, they always say it isn't intentional but it definetly is.

And the pacing they are releasing patches has absolutly nothing to do with their capacity to properly space out raid tiers, we haven't seen how this will pan out in the long run, all we have is Blizzard telling us they learned form their mistakes. If Nighthold lasts only 4 or so months then they clearly haven't learned anything or they are absolutely sure they can come up with the xpac super quickly this time around. The whole point of spacing the tiers is that its nonsensical to end a tier in 4 months only to have your last tier last over a year. 4/4/12 is dumb when you couldve had 6/6/8 or something like that. Blizzard did buy sometime by making EN a pseudo tier but if they cut NH short the same problem will arise when we reach the last tier.

As an example if we take the time beteween Pandaria and WoD launch (not using WoD to Legion cause WoD was a shortes xpac, Blizz already stated Legion will be as big as Cata/LK/Mists/BC) we have roughtly 26 months. If we asume they will take more or less the same time to come up with a new xpac (they have always taken a similar amount of time to develop xpacs) lets say they'll take 24 months this time. So we had EN lasting 4 months, we will get NH for another 5, then lets say we get Tomb for 5 and then that leaves us with 10 freaking months of last tier. Thats not spacing the raids, at all, that is throwing a pseudo tier on the start and then hopping to God you develop the next xpac fast.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2017-03-18 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    ahhaha triggered. sorry ill enjoy my flying you can enjoy ground mounts getting stuck on twigs.
    He's probably someone who thinks world pvp was ruined by flying mounts...when in reality it was ruined by battlegrounds and server transferring. Now there's basically not many balanced realms nevermind high pop balanced realms...any high pop realm is skewed to one side or the other.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2017-03-18 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xistenz View Post
    Can anyone tell me how many new artifact talents I will be able to buy if I'm currently maxed (54)?
    4 - the 10% damage 10% stamina one, and then 3 other new ones, either 3x 4/4 of the ones you have already or 3/4 of the completely new 4/4 trait, depending on how good or bad it is for your class (fire mage new trait for instance is complete trash)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited for new AK levels. The gap between those at 34 traits, 35 traits and 54 traits will go down a bit, and it'll be much easier to get to the new 35th trait for different artifacts. Also, flying for easier WQs.

I'm hoping the invasions offer good EXP for 100-109s, I really want a few more classes at 110 but I'm tired of trying to blitz through the 4 zones as fast as possible, especially on classes with really bad questing.

Flying, that is all. We should have had this the moment you started in legion.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    What on earth are you talking about? Too fast? Legion has been out 6 months at this point and the new raid won't be released until months after 7.2 is released.
    Yes, too fast. 7.1.5 has only been out for a little more than 2 months. We've probably got at least 18 months more of Legion. I'm seeing the same pattern we got in MoP and WoD. Fast patches early on. Run out of content after 12 months or so, and leave the players stuck on last patch forever until next expansion comes.

It's the exact thing they promised they wouldn't do in the future. There's no way they can keep up with content at this speed.
    Last edited by Beace; 2017-03-18 at 09:54 PM.

No one at Blizzard has ever called AP "content". It is a reward for doing content.
    Yes - and AK is there way of making sure AP isn't a grind. Seems to have worked pretty damned well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Flying, that is all. We should have had this the moment you started in legion.
    We have had flying since Legion started, they just correctly disabled it in the new zones ... shame they are introducing it at all.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I'm always excited for new content, and it'll be a huge relief to have flying back. The ability to swoosh freely between activities without constant whistle/flight point interruptions is going to make engaging with Legion's overworld so much more fun.

Way too fast for 7.2 to drop. Most guilds are still stuck progressing in M NH. I don't want 7.2 until May at the earliest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    Way too fast for 7.2 to drop. Most guilds are still stuck progressing in M NH. I don't want 7.2 until May at the earliest.
    what does a patch release have to do with mythic nighthold progress?

7.2 does not include a new raid

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    what does a patch release have to do with mythic nighthold progress?

7.2 does not include a new raid
    Well except for ToS.

Deleted
    Well except for ToS.
    If you can enter Tomb of Sargeras the day 7.2 comes out you get 5 million gold from me.

Gonna be hard though since ToS won't open with the release of 7.2

Well except for ToS.
    You can add 5 million from me to the above poster cause blizz flat out said it wouldn't be releasing with 7.2 and would have another patch like 7.1.5 prior to it (most likely 7.2.5)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You can add 5 million from me to the above poster cause blizz flat out said it wouldn't be releasing with 7.2 and would have another patch like 7.1.5 prior to it (most likely 7.2.5)
    yeah it really starts to get annoying seeing all those people NOT knowing what 7.2 actually is.

For the most part 7.2 is a long needed patch with lots of Quality of Life improvements and changes to the legendaries and legendary system.

7.2 is basically what LEGION should have been at launch. It took Blizzard long enough.
    Sure there is some content in that patch, but ToS won't open anytime soon. ToS and 7.2 are independent of each other. Meaning 7.2 can come out in 2 weeks, but it could take another 3 months for ToS

7.2 is about giving non-raiders (practically the entire playerbase) new content. The raid will open at a later date, maybe even after some minor patch like how Nighthold was delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Jokes on you, flying will be disabled on the Broken Shore because "muh fel cannons can take down your mount"
    No it isn't, since you're incorrect...
    Not that I'd mind it if some key areas DID have cannons, like during 5.1 in Krasarang. You couldn't just roflcopter into the enemy base and stay hovering on your mount out of reach of other players/guards. Many laughs were had!
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-03-18 at 11:52 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Definately one of those 2 dates, and not 21-3 as it wouldn't make sense to stream PTR if it were released.

We DO need 7.2 for season 3 gear.
    We Don't need 7.2 for Raid, which will most likely come after 7.2.5 a class tuning and minor content patch.

Nighthold was in the game for months before it's opening.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

We have had flying since Legion started, they just correctly disabled it in the new zones ... shame they are introducing it at all.
    /pat, you can always just not do the meta, stay grounded and keep oohing and aahing over that rock you've seen 300 times by now at your own leisure.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yes - and AK is there way of making sure AP isn't a grind. Seems to have worked pretty damned well.
    Yes and 7.2 Trait 37-61 scales the same was AK26-50 scales, so each trait comes down to 2.5 million current AP (AK25) if people farm 1 trait per 1 AK.

Altho refunded AP might give people some headstart, the linear scaling is still there.

So, Blizz has advertised streamers to show off 7.2 content for approx. 2 weeks. The final one ends in March 25th. Hmmm curious to end it there. Why not another week? Curious.

10+ Year Old Account
    By the time Cata ended at least 90 million people have played and quit Wow.
    I would love to see the source of this statistic.