Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If you feel that you have "5 bad legendaries", you should be forced to delete a character.

Lowest point this ridiculous "community" has ever hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    Short reply: No.
    This. Characters are way too dear and near to me to do something such as that.

Quote Originally Posted by 1i3t0 View Post
    Hey guys,

I am new to this legendary system but from what i gathered the consensus is that the more legendaries you have the longer to wait for the next one. I can somewhat relate to it since i have 5 and thats exactly what i experienced.
    Now i am quite a competitive person and although i started expansion late i "play to win" and reaching maximum available ilvl there is not much else to do but smooth your rotation to top logs. Now that would be rather hard without bis legs.
    Should i abandon my rogue of 10 years and create another one just to have a chance to get ok legends?

Did anyone try deleting legendaries? Does it help?

(my current ones are prydaz, valeera, symbiot, sephuz and cloak)
    being that blizz has made the 7th legendary drop the same as like #3, then no. (assuming i read that right a couple weeks back)

10+ Year Old Account
    Any legendary is an upgrade so no legendary is "bad" strictly speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Take a look at the forums, its a pretty large widespread issue.
    Taking a look at the forums I will always see complaints from people who feel shortchanged (low amount of legendaries or shit ones). I won't see the people who were lucky except a rage braggard. So yeah, the forum is biased towards those who are unlucky and need to vent.

Also there's absolutely no point counting how many total m+ a person ran without knowing when. The earlier in the expansion the spam was done, the less it counts. There was a softcap at start. There was increase in drop chance in 7.1 and another in 7.1.5.

And the new fashion anyway is to run lockout based legendary eligible content (all difficulties of raids, including lfr, world bosses, mythic0 dungeons etc.), there is some suspicion the repeatable source that is m+ while good for titanforged loot in comparison to the previously stated content, has less chance per chest than the other activities. Emissaries and weekly m+ order hall cache are supposedly the highest. Well ofc that's speculation.

What is not speculation though is that it doesn't take double the effort than the previous one past the mark of 3 anymore, otherwise people would really not get into the 8+ legendary area like some of my friends, and I wouldn't be seeing every week in the raid someone getting legendary drops because everyone would be into the territory of extreme diminishing returns by now.

You might be lucky, you might be unlucky, but on average more legendaries are dropping now than they used to before 7.1.5. Half my guild has the legendary trinkets by now, and they're the newly implemented ones. Oh yeah, and my guild is like 80-90% raid loggers that barely farm anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Any legendary is an upgrade so no legendary is "bad" strictly speaking.
    Since you can only equip 2, there are some that are dust gathers really, because there's never a good occasion to swap it in, and you can't use it "for ilvl" because of cap of 2. Well you can use it to cheese ilvl to get an invite into a PUG...

Some of them are not so bad due to stats they provide, even if the effect is "meh", but if the effect isn't good and the stats are "wrong" for your spec, then it's really a bank stuffer.

No this isn't information, its crap Blizzard wants you to believe is true.

Two examples, same situation. My guild has a hunter who literally does nothing but show up to raids got 2 legendaries in 3 days(his 5th and 6th), we also have an alt who got 2 in 4 days of each other with 1 mythic+ run on this alt and hasn't touched raids with the exception of 1 LFR Emerald Nightmare Clear was his 4th and 5th Legendary. Meanwhile a main mage, with 3 maxed out weapons, 500 mythic+(mostly 9-13) runs done over the last 3 weeks, 3 heroic Nighthold clears, 3 weeks of killing 4/10M Nighthold, and of course emissaries daily just got his 6th yesterday after 5 weeks since his last one.

Blizzard can say the system is working however they want, but its not actually working the way they're telling the players. And people like you spreading these lies doesn't help the community at all, it just causes more time for Blizzard to come up with another lie as to how the system doesn't work.
    just got #7 and #'s 4-7 have been dropping about the same # of days and relative to how much I am running stuff (can kind of tell my how much AP I average a day). Maxed out 3.5 weapons, running about the same mythic/m+/raids every week.

RNG will however once and a while bless someone with retarded luck. 925 LFR gear is proof enough, but I've seen people get 3 led in a day.

the amount of time is MAX between ledgs. MAX time/effort. your Min amount of time can be the next instance you clear but the MAX will be about the same #4-1000 ledgendaries.
    Now the problem is what does MAX mean. that is what we don't know. its not time/days. its more likely based on how much you complete in game increases the odds.

sorry you want to believe in conspiracy theories. its quite sad

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Tinfoil hat theories are just that. Personal anecdotes provided as evidence just makes it seem like you don't understand how RNG works. Keep your misinformation to yourself.
    Sorry but its fact, Blizzard is feeding false BS up your ass and you're stupid enough to buy it and continue being a fanboy defending them no matter how bad they fuck up.

A month or two ago i would have said yes, did it myself and was totally worth it, but recently they have buffed the drop rates to about 1 leg every 2-3 weeks so id say its not worth it anymore. By the time you level/gear/got the first 2 legendaries on the new character you would probably have gotten 1-2 more on your main if you kept playing it.

My question is how is it possible to get 5 legendaries that are bad? On what class and spec is this possible?

I thought about it. But if I was to get the same "crappy" Legendaries for a 2nd time, I would kill myself. So for my own safety, no.

My tank druid alt is 1 week younger than my main, started the alt after my main got 110, for farming purpose. I do all my daily expedition, daily heroic dj, almost all LFR, still stuck to 1 Leg. My elem sham (2 months old), does less and have 4 Leg already. I--D-O-N-'-T--G-E-T--I-T.
    Last edited by Ravingmad; 2017-03-19 at 05:59 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys,

I am new to this legendary system but from what i gathered the consensus is that the more legendaries you have the longer to wait for the next one. I can somewhat relate to it since i have 5 and thats exactly what i experienced.
    Now i am quite a competitive person and although i started expansion late i "play to win" and reaching maximum available ilvl there is not much else to do but smooth your rotation to top logs. Now that would be rather hard without bis legs.
    Should i abandon my rogue of 10 years and create another one just to have a chance to get ok legends?

no, now that you have the bad ones your more likely to get the good ones
    deleting legendaries doesent help thats just fucking stupid
    and no, only world first guilds sorta did this, but your onot a world first guild are you?
    so just accept what you have, do content that will give you more, and you will get good ones
    also sephuz is very good for M+ and is being buffed even more
    and prydaz is very good for progression, alot of the world firsts used it for NH because 1% health a second is not bad, specially for tanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Hey guys,

Yes of course you delete all your characters and start a new account.
    It's the only way to become a nr 1 raider and reach those juicy world first kills you're after.
    Go for it. Makes total sense to grind all that fucking AP from the start.
    Life Hack: You must reach 54 traits before 7.2 for additional fame and glory. Gogogo!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry but its fact, Blizzard is feeding false BS up your ass and you're stupid enough to buy it and continue being a fanboy defending them no matter how bad they fuck up.
    Yeah man, stupid sheeples are just eating all the FAKE NEWS from Blizzard! Looool! This guy whose brothers friend is GM at Blizzard said that your Legendary BIS drop chance is increased by 70% each time you delete a shitty legendary - and it's further increased by 150% if you delete the whole account! So of course all the gud players know this by now. Everytime you get a shitty legendary, you just delete your toon and the next one is guaranteed a BIS - eezzzz.

This is by far the stupidest thread I've seen here for a long long time. Even with the standards of this forum, it makes my head hurt. Where do these fucking tinfoil, light heads come from? Delete your fucking accounts. All of you.
    Last edited by mmoc0e47cbaaf5; 2017-03-19 at 07:34 AM.

on avg getting 5th legendary should take same amount of time as getting 6th. So if all your first five legendaries were shit it's actually smarter to stick with your character, since out of the 5 remaining ones for your spec 2 are gonna be bis. That's better than a 2 in 10 chance for a new char

The fact of the matter is it should have never been this way in the first place. There should have never been legendaries that were 80k increases and then legendaries that were only stat stick upgrades giving top 5% over a perfect itemized piece. The whole system was garbage and the fact that it takes 4-8 weeks on average to get a new one and then you get ANOTHER bad one. That is whats driving people to unsub. The fact that we're now 7 months in and they're tuning Mythic Raiding around having 2 dps increasing legendaries and there are people who don't have either of their best two who have been doing content regularly since launch, that's bullshit. You can paint whatever picture you want, the paint is still made of shit.
    its been this way since vanilla. only difference is the BIS super dps increases are orange instead of purple.

and yes while this sucks for this particular person for his super bad luck most people are fine. also he's hindering himself by stickign to a "main". Most people usually have at least 1 other character they play and many tend to gravitate to whoever is 'doing better" whether thats feels more fun, who fits in the raid better or who has better gear.

WHIiiiCh is how its always been

- - - Updated - - -

like alot said it would be smart since you have a free character anyway to give one a go. you can get one from 100 to 110 and dished out in epics in the time it takes your main a CHANCE to get a slightly higher lvl.

that said they are working to balance alot of them and many of those might have higher secondary stats. Either way you SAY you try to max out what you can, yet you are not taking advantage of your legendaries. like you have 5 utility legendaries, USE them, a shield 25% of your life means there are mechanics you can ignore. feignt healing you means that you can avoid death without having anything to stab. 2 of those are great for fights with adds or multiple guys. by all means when yall talk about improvements point out the fact that while your dps is comparable to others and maybe slightly less, that you are taking 50% less dmg than other dps or whatever. That basically the healers can almost ignore you when it comes to healing meaning they are better focused on tanks and your guildies who screw up.

not having to move for a mechanics is a dps increase, sephuz on an interrupt heavy fight is a dps increase, not dying is a dps increase.

by all means i think EITHER WAY you should use your boost, preferably on a character you might like ( monk might be nice, or by all means have a second rogue) but i still think you should give it a shot.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no such thing as a bad legendary. Just because a legendary isn't BiS, doesn't make it bad. Sub-optimal? Sure, I can agree...but not bad. Guarantee it's better than that quest green or dungeon blue or LFR purple you just replaced.

Furthermore, what kind of dumbass deletes their character and grinds out a new one just to restart their RNG?

Quote Originally Posted by GutsAP View Post
    People need to stop pretending that they're world first raiders.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    No there is no such thing as a bad legendary they are all better than the epic you replaced it with im sure?
    Nobody is comparing Legendaries to Epic items, they are comparing them to other Legendary items that are underwhelming in comparison, so there are bad Legendaries and very good Legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    Nobody is comparing Legendaries to Epic items, they are comparing them to other Legendary items that are underwhelming in comparison, so there are bad Legendaries and very good Legendaries.
    regardless its an upgrade for your player instead of imagining what isnt in your hands. the sense of entitlement for legendaries is the result of misunderstanding the purpose of these items. With the way that you think Ill be upset everytime I get an item that isnt BIS... Oh a trinket dropped from trilliax that isnt bis? But I wanted the one from Guldan!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Coffeexbean; 2017-03-19 at 08:33 AM.

What people don't seem to understand is that you can't be "done" with gear anymore so it's pointless to complain about not getting best legendaries.

For example you were lucky and got 2 bis legendaries straight away.. But you never get relics you want while others bonusroll 925 titanforged with bis traits. Well RIP you. 925 relic makes a huge impact for many classes too. So if that went to someone else I guess they were compensated for having bad luck with legendaries.

I don't understand why people are upset when you can't get all 925 titanforged relics/gear and all bis legendaries. So you have to work with what you got and that goes for everyone. While there are quite a few people with bis legendaries, they might in turn be unlucky with ordinary drops and complain that noobs get 925 relics.

Btw getting 2 legendaries is a huge upgrade for a majority of cases even if it's not bis. Sure there might be 925 rings that are better than 940 sephuz but that's an exception. B
    Last edited by barackohmama; 2017-03-19 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    regardless its an upgrade for your player instead of imagining what isnt in your hands. the sense of entitlement for legendaries is the result of misunderstanding the purpose of these items. With the way that you think Ill be upset everytime I get an item that isnt BIS... Oh a trinket dropped from trilliax that isnt bis? But I wanted the one from Guldan!!!!!!!!
    There is no misunderstanding about Legendaries, pull your hear out of your ass. There are good ones and bad ones, it is decided completely by RnG which you recieve... and if you keep playing... you can expect to have more of them. Check the data, read Blue posts, watch the Q&A panels.

I know, you're tired of these threads right?
    Last edited by Morbownz; 2017-03-19 at 09:59 AM.

I know people who have had their characters for years, Vin, Tbc even and they've gone and deleted it because they had two utility legends, I don't understand the mentality what so ever, so many years of work into one character, gone, deleted because people throw a tantrum