10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing that Arsenal banner just reminds me of the spoilsports that stopped "Moyes kill yourself" from being flown over Old Trafford.

good old Davi Moyes. He'll need to sell his soul to the devil to get Sunderland out of trouble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Is it odd that I'll be cheering for United just to see Arsenal knocked down on the table?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    @Valeron

What do the Spanish media think of Marcus Alonso?
    He's impressed me in the last few games.
    He is pretty low on the list. However, his stock has been climbing. It would most likely take a few injuries for him to get a look at for the national team.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    I can answer that for you: he'll always be second choice to Jordi Alba and most likely Aziplicueta too in their system.

Looks a good fit at wing back though. Maybe Spain could change, but just to accomodate him seems unlikely.
    There are a few more players ahead of him for the left back position. I think he is a decent player but just don't feel like he is international quality.

But hey, Illarramendi got called up so you never know (to be fair, he has been playing really well).

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Then the standards have certainly dropped.
    Especially considering the players / squad you have.
    You can call it standards dropping, I would call it 10 games left before season ends and trying to be realistic. But even going into the season, I don't think any level-headed Man United fan thought we would win the league. We're not the same team we were 4 years ago and we've gone through 2 failed managers (Moyes/LVG) before just now getting Mourinho. The team still carries a lot of dead weight in it, and even though we have made some great signings, there's still mediocrity that needs to go. Mourinho has improved the team this season however. It may not look like it just looking at the table, but I've seen glimpses this season of "oh, we can play really good" which has emerged in certain games. However, the reliance on Zlatan has been a burden when other strikers haven't delivered in his absence.

Going into the season I would gladly have accepted a top4 spot this year with signs of progress in the way we play football, and those are still realistic goals. We could definitely finish top4, and if not, then winning Europa League still looks very possible and would have the same effect. It's Mourinho's first year with a squad that hasn't been good enough, and while he made some signings that are a step in the right way, it's clear that we need a few more. I said it before the season, but this was always going to be Chelsea's year IMO. A winning squad that won just 2 years ago which just needed to hear a new manager, Conte - a born winner and a few great signings on top of that. As a Man United fan, we're not where we want to be, but you have to be realistic and truth is this team has looked terrible for the last 3 years. I was so miserable during LVG's final year that watching the team without crying or falling asleep became impossible. But it does look better now. We're still not a serious contender, but we have definitely improved and next year I definitely expect for us to challenge for the title. This year just had a bit too much dead weight still.

Ready when you are Allegri.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love the way Wenger says this is a unique bad patch, except this happens every year lol.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Love the way Wenger says this is a unique bad patch, except this happens every year lol.
    His delusion knows no bounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    De Gea, Jones, Smalling, Bailly, Valencia, Fellaini, Carrick, Young, Mata, Lingard, Rashford.

Can't put money on that team. fml

inb4rashfordhatrick
    Last edited by mmoc6b1f2f8dff; 2017-03-19 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    De Gea, Jones, Smalling, Bailly, Valencia, Fellaini, Carrick, Young, Mata, Lingard, Rashford.

inb4rashfordhatrick
    Mata as the shadow striker.
    He will get goals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post

inb4rashfordhatrick
    Outside of lingard and Rashford that's pretty much a potential starting eleven for the last 2-3 years. I don't see the issue (outside of the sheer averageness of it)

Oh and Bailly but that's because we didn't have him.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2017-03-19 at 12:07 PM.

If United don't finish in the Top Four, but get into the EL final...

Holy shit. That is an absolutely massive game. Heart attack inducing.

Deleted
    this games over then as boro can't score.

Deleted
    Changed the channel over to Robson Green's fishing. That's how fucking shite watching Man United are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mou may not be the "special one" anymore but he's still better than Pep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, this is clearly a United team in trouble.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Yep, this is clearly a United team in trouble.
    Being below Everton in the league & paying £90M transfer fees for players says otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    Being below Everton in the league & paying £90M transfer fees for players says otherwise.
    If this result stand, United are 3 points ahead of Everton with 2 less games played..... You guys really need to work on your United hatred

- - - Updated - - -

Lol fantastic shot from Lingard. Was ready to yell at him for not passing there, but after seeing that shot its hard to complain

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah this result is standing, the unbeaten streak continues.

Deleted
    Just Wow. United fans with their head in the sand.

Arsenal are above you.

Just let that sink in...