Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    TBH Bomberman might be shovelware. Ain't played it but it looks like shovelware to me and a shell of past bomberman games with micro transactions out the ass.

As sad as it might sound I would wager 1-2 Switch and Snipperclips had more work put into them...
    Bomberman looked ok to me IMO. I wouldn't mind checking it out but $50 is a bit much for it IMO. I highly doubt 1-2 Switch and Snipperclips had more work put into them and I say that with much hate in my heart for Konami. From what I have seen it delivers on what I expect of a bomberman game. They are or have released a patch to fix the online netcode as well.

But that title aside. There is still Binding of Issac,Shovel Knight and Fast RMX. Three really good titles (even Fast RMX looks fun). We get Mario Kart next month and a few small titles between now and then.

For a $20 title Has-Been Heroes looks fun, It looks like a casual darkest dungeon in a way.

Its Lineup isn't amazing but it isn't bad ether. Even more so if they keep releasing more titles each week on the eshop.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    While The Switch doesn't have a steler launch lineup, I wouldn't say everything else is casual shovelware.

It has Bomberman R, Fast RMX, Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove and Binding of Issac with other games coming. The only "Shovelware" title out is 1,2 switch and maybe Snipperclips.

I do hear Snipperclips is fun tho.
    >implying Shovel Knight isn't shovelware

Dude, how could you miss that pun.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    >implying Shovel Knight isn't shovelware

Dude, how could you miss that pun.
    LOL, That went right over my head..

You get 10 Internets today
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

While The Switch doesn't have a steler launch lineup, I wouldn't say everything else is casual shovelware.

It has Bomberman R, Fast RMX, Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove and Binding of Issac with other games coming. The only "Shovelware" title out is 1,2 switch and maybe Snipperclips.

I do hear Snipperclips is fun tho.
    In all Honesty I consider the Bomberman shovelware. I guess what i'm trying to say ( and I may have worded it poorly ) is the Switch just doesn't have game power *right now*. Outside of Zelda the rest of the games are meh, but I have hope towards the end of the year some good stuff will start coming out. And E3 may unveil a bunch of titles that will come out sooner than we all think

I had the same problem with the Xbox one launch lol.

Quote Originally Posted by rosebull View Post
    In all Honesty I consider the Bomberman shovelware. I guess what i'm trying to say ( and I may have worded it poorly ) is the Switch just doesn't have game power *right now*. Outside of Zelda the rest of the games are meh, but I have hope towards the end of the year some good stuff will start coming out. And E3 may unveil a bunch of titles that will come out sooner than we all think

I had the same problem with the Xbox one launch lol.
    Better worded and I totally understand. Personally there is 2 more titles I want for The Switch before MK8 comes out and after I beat Zelda ill get them. So within a few month's for me the cost of the console will pay for itself via me getting those games.

10+ Year Old Account
    [video=youtube;FZxJUwqENAo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZxJUwqENAo[video]

So it seems Nintendo/Nivida may have lied about it being a custom X1 chip and its just a normal X1 chip.

Totally not shocked......
    Wouldn't really surprise me. Nvidia has never been forthcoming with their specs in both desktop and mobile.
    Hindsight after looking back at some benches, they could've just gone with a Snapdragon 820/821. Of course ideally 835 but that's not happening. Adreno 530 graphics already matches or beats the X1 while being more efficient, and 835 with Adreno 540 promises 25% performance, not sure how true that is but the only numbers we have. However no one wants X1 where as opposed to people still use 820/821 and 835 is being clamored for by everyone else. So you can imagine the price for X1 being dirt cheap relatively speaking.

(Do note my benchmark looking is on Notebookcheck and since the only mobile device with X1 is on Pixel C, and compare that with other 820/821 phones).
    Last edited by Remilia; 2017-03-19 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Wouldn't really surprise me. Nvidia has never been forthcoming with their specs in both desktop and mobile.
    Hindsight after looking back at some benches, they could've just gone with a Snapdragon 820/821. Of course ideally 835 but that's not happening. Adreno 530 graphics already matches or beats the X1 while being more efficient, and 835 with Adreno 540 promises 25% performance, not sure how true that is but the only numbers we have. However no one wants X1 where as opposed to people still use 820/821 and 835 is being clamored for by everyone else. So you can imagine the price for X1 being dirt cheap relatively speaking.

(Do note my benchmark looking is on Notebookcheck and since the only mobile device with X1 is on Pixel C, and compare that with other 820/821 phones).
    I mean that would pretty much fit what some people mentioned 6 months ago, that Nintendo went with a bargain deal for the X1 chips that no one else would want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I mean that would pretty much fit what some people mentioned 6 months ago, that Nintendo went with a bargain deal for the X1 chips that no one else would want.
    Yup. Cost has always been an important thing and well, Nvidia was pushing their stuff to Nintendo for the first iteration of 3DS to begin with. Got to empty those chips somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Yup. Cost has always been an important thing and well, Nvidia was pushing their stuff to Nintendo for the first iteration of 3DS to begin with. Got to empty those chips somehow.
    That on top of Nintendo always wanting to sell there systems at a profit (normally a decent size one). So its safe to say they are making bank off this system, compared to what other ones cost them.

I like my Switch but that choice isn't consumer friendly and may bite them right in the ass later.

I'll probably buy one after work tomorrow and get zelda and Isaac too.

I hope it won't get damaged til the screen protector arrives :l
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I'll probably buy one after work tomorrow and get zelda and Isaac too.

I hope it won't get damaged til the screen protector arrives :l
    Just be careful with it, I haven't gotten a screen protector for mine yet ether. Hope ya enjoy it

Well, now I REALLY don't know what to do with my Switch. I've beaten Zelda, then I did all the shrines, then I completely upgraded a certain armor set, then I got the best shield in the game. There's just about nothing left I want to do. All the Korok Seeds are trite bullshit, and most of the sidequests are utterly vapid.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Third party support seems to be timid for the moment for the switch

At the game dev conf, to the question what plateform are you developing for, here are the result of the survey.

While the Switch just released, it isn't unheard of that company release dev kit prior to the console release itself, and if we assume that a game take 2-3 years to develop at least, there should be some in development now, if they expect to be released in 2018-2019

I was thinking whether i should buy a switch or not, but given the launch line up (basically only zelda worthwhile) and now this, i am having doubts.
    then again, 3% of 4500 is 135, so there's that.

Now it's all about choice and quality i suppose.
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2017-03-19 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post

At the game dev conf, to the question what plateform are you developing for, here are the result of the survey.

(image)

While the Switch just released, it isn't unheard of that company release dev kit prior to the console release itself, and if we assume that a game take 2-3 years to develop at least, there should be some in development now, if they expect to be released in 2018-2019

I was thinking whether i should buy a switch or not, but given the launch line up (basically only zelda worthwhile) and now this, i am having doubts.

It's nothing short of a disaster. More people are working on games for the Apple TV. Let that sink in. And 135 isn't much when you consider all the indie stuff that seems to be filling out the library.

10+ Year Old Account
    That survey was done in Dec 2016 supposedly. I still think its bad but I don't think its as bad as that survey makes out, there are plenty of Indie developers...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    That survey was done in Dec 2016 supposedly. I still think its bad but I don't think its as bad as that survey makes out, there are plenty of Indie developers...
    thing is, as working adult, my game time is limited, so i tend to choose AAA games mostly, except the occasional cheap indi on PC. So indi library on switch does not interest me. i Want AAA on console.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I suspect the majority of those 135 ARE indie developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post

Oof, xbone below vr. When you are less considered than the new kinect of the moment you are in a bad way.

Personally i think devs saw the switch and expected another wii u, i did myself a little. Thought interestingly the moment Bomberman R sold out everywhere Konamis social media has cranked up again talking about console games, if the company that dropped games for pachishit have seen enough profit to do that i think others will take notice, not as many as PS4 but i will bet you good money Capcom is already drumming plans for a Resident Evil 4 port already for example

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    if the company that dropped games for pachishit have seen enough profit to do that i think others will take notice, not as many as PS4 but i will bet you good money Capcom is already drumming plans for a Resident Evil 4 port already for example
    Capcom has been popping out so many cheap port games lately. I can see most if not all of them coming to The Switch. Its cheap and may cost them little to nothing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Oof, xbone below vr. When you are less considered than the new kinect of the moment you are in a bad way.

Personally i think devs saw the switch and expected another wii u, i did myself a little. Thought interestingly the moment Bomberman R sold out everywhere Konamis social media has cranked up again talking about console games, if the company that dropped games for pachishit have seen enough profit to do that i think others will take notice, not as many as PS4 but i will bet you good money Capcom is already drumming plans for a Resident Evil 4 port already for example
    Please explain to me why I should want RE4 on the Switch when I can do this to the PC version to make it look slightly less like a PS2 game.