Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Actually originally with personal loot they made it so it didn't say what other people got as loot and people threw a fit until it was changed to show what others get.

I'm an enchanter. I once got "pathetic" for refusing to trade an 820 piece of gear to someone's friend's alt, who probably would have gotten something better in that very slot the same day anyway.

I don't loot bosses anymore. Post master all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I have addressed this, which you clearly ignored, which I find quite ironic given your post tone.

You aren't dealing with negative people by not showing the items being dropped, as they are still tradable and people will still be able to ask if an item dropped for you and demand answers. All this does is hurt positive players by preventing them from kindly asking for loot you may or may not need.

So once again, maybe YOU can address this point instead of ignoring it.
    You say "aren't dealing with negative people by not showing the items being dropped, as they are still tradable and people will still be able to ask if an item dropped for you and demand answers." but how will they know to ask you if they don't know you got the item?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

I just give it to people. I don't see the point of me taking some LFR tier piece when I am just there to gather up runes. If I get a tell I just tell the first person to open trade and it is theres. If anyone else says anything I will just not say anything. Pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Can you even trade in this situation? I'd swear I couldn't trade some item when my only other item for that slot was a legendary. Could be wrong though.
    yes you can but the guy didn't get that i didnt want to hand it over

Deleted
    Man I love all those whispers of desperate players when I get an item. Sometimes I even give it to them, because I am can't disenchant, but only if they ask really nice and don't have a stupid name. Especially if someone has a typo in their name. They don't even stand a chance of getting that item. I rather have that 50gold

Get it mailed. Or turn off auto loot

Man, reading some people here it seem like they get it off when they "deny" others the loot they got when people ask for it. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    I hate being in pugs and having these entitled swines demand I give them a piece of gear that I LOOTED PERSONALLY. Maybe I want for transmog, or I can disenchant for a couple hundred gold each.
    I'd rather not get 10 whispers every time a piece of gear drops in an LFR or normal pug.

I just want an option to keep what I loot from being broadcasted to the rest of the group.
    stop being greedy and share the loot that you dont need with those that do - then it wont be a problem - here i gave you simple solution to your problem

if someone wants to behave like pathetic greedy cunt he is free to do so - just he shouldnt be expecting that others wont point it out as its not normal social behaviour
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-03-20 at 08:31 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    No no no. I like having that up so I can disenchant the piece that dropped while they watch in horror. Screw those beggars. There is a reason the loot type is called PERSONAL.

When a player asks politely for the item which I don't need, I'll be glad to give it to them.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    This. Was in a mythic + group that was carrying someone and I got a leg piece. It was sort of a sidegradebut it was 5 ilv lower than what I had but was better itemized. I wasn't sure if it was better because I would have to sim it. I wanted to keep it but the carry demanded I give it to him. I felt bad because he kept begging me to give it to him and how I was so greedy to keep it. I ended up giving it to him. Turns out the next dungeon he got a leg piece that was better than the one I gave him.
    So basically this is a thread about you being selfish enough to not want to share but lack the backbone to stand your ground.

Let's hope Blizzard never caters to you.

I 95% of the time give people or do a /roll if more that one wants the loot.

If I want something for Xmog, I usually say sorry and keep it.

Not going to lie, the last couple of weeks, I've not been online as much, so when raid nights come, I'm running around like an idiot 5 minutes before invites go out, trying to get flasks, potions, food. I've been known to spend 18k for a single raid night.

Now I usually have a stock pile on any given character of between 5-9k, in total I'd say I'm sitting on 40k usually. But with my limited play time recently, that's just dropped. So I keep my LFR drops now for DEing, a full LFR usually gives me 10 or so chaos shards, at 300g a pop, it covers my flasks.

However, if something drops which is titanforged or warforged, I will always give that to someone who needs it.

Honestly, I think the hide my PL would be a bad move. We're still an MMO at the end of the day and (supposedly a community)

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    No no no. I like having that up so I can disenchant the piece that dropped while they watch in horror. Screw those beggars. There is a reason the loot type is called PERSONAL.

When a player asks politely for the item which I don't need, I'll be glad to give it to them.
    Same here! If you need the loot and i don't just be nice and i will trade it. That simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxz View Post
    I'm an enchanter. I once got "pathetic" for refusing to trade an 820 piece of gear to someone's friend's alt, who probably would have gotten something better in that very slot the same day anyway.

I don't loot bosses anymore. Post master all the way.
    Well, a Ley Shard is what? 20-30g? That is rather pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Turn off auto-loot and just see what loot it is without actually getting it. This way it will get mailed to you. Or simply "I need this" in raid chat

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i hate this addon with avengeance it only encourages begging and only takes into account ilvl
    getting ppl wsipering me asking for a item they cant use coz PLH says its a a upgrade that addon can go to fuck
    You know what is the real problem here? That you have a problem with people whispering you.

You cannot change people's action, however, you can change your perception of them. If you have a problem with people whispering you it isn't an addon, it isn't other people, it's you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Well, a Ley Shard is what? 20-30g? That is rather pathetic.
    Begging for shitty loot is way worse than someone not giving up loot. It is my loot. I can do what the fuck I want with it. If you beg for said item I will disenchant it right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adanyt View Post
    Begging for shitty loot is way worse than someone not giving up loot. It is my loot. I can do what the fuck I want with it. If you beg for said item I will disenchant it right in front of you.
    Yeah, I wonder who the entitled swine is.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

15+ Year Old Account
    You did not loot that personally. It was a team effort, they have all the right to ask wheter you need it or not. Of course they can't demand to hand it over.

I've yet to have anyone "demand" a piece. I've had people ask if I needed it, and I don't mind because I've done the same. Hell, someone even gave me the leather shoulders from Xavius! (for mog)

You can always just ignore people who whisper you or tell them no. Dunno why this is such a hot topic among a select few players.

Quote Originally Posted by Adanyt View Post
    Oh okay so you're just kinda a dick but that's fine. Anyone who has that mentality, I better never see you asking people for loot, ever.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-03-20 at 11:43 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.