Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Really enjoyed it. Jackman, Stewart and Keene were IMO the strong points of the movie, especially Keene.

The generic villains and the lack of development on the other "kids" I blame on the time restrictions for cinema movies. Clearly they could have put way more background to Pierce and Dr. Rice if there was time. Hopefully there'll be a director's cut/extended version.

For me it was probably the best comic book movie I've seen, Nolan's Batman included.

Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    Really enjoyed it. Jackman, Stewart and Keene were IMO the strong points of the movie, especially Keene.

The generic villains and the lack of development on the other "kids" I blame on the time restrictions for cinema movies. Clearly they could have put way more background to Pierce and Dr. Rice if there was time. Hopefully there'll be a director's cut/extended version.

For me it was probably the best comic book movie I've seen, Nolan's Batman included.
    I currently have it as my 8th favorite, but it's tough to rank 5-8. I do understand people who have it pegged as their favorite though.

I thought Logan was fucking awesome, Jackman killed it. If you are a fan of the X-Men franchise, you need to see this.

And yeah, I almost shed a tear, my wife did. That final shot was fucking haunting.

Jimmy Thick's review- 10 out of 10 would bang again.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I currently have it as my 8th favorite, but it's tough to rank 5-8. I do understand people who have it pegged as their favorite though.
    Personally, even when I was a teen back in the early 80's I vastly prefered the darker comics, Frank Miller's spin on Batman/Daredevil, Moore's Swamp Thing etc, over the flippant Spiderman, Human Torch, Hal Jordan. I am able to appreciate movies like GotG, Iron Man series and Deadpool, but I prefer less one-liners.
    Last edited by Waynhim; 2017-03-05 at 07:14 AM.

I really enjoyed this film. Was good to see a movie that gave Jackman and Stewart a chance to really show off their acting chops. Struggled to hold it together a couple of times, especially that bit, you know what I am talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably my second favorite superhero movie, right behind The Dark Knight (hard to top Ledger's Joker). A solid 9.5/10 from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    I really enjoyed this film. Was good to see a movie that gave Jackman and Stewart a chance to really show off their acting chops. Struggled to hold it together a couple of times, especially that bit, you know what I am talking about.
    yup, I am just happy I wasnt the only one in the cinema feelignt hat way... there was this girl behind me she must have been early 20's you could hear her quietly go "noooooooo" lol.

But yea I teared up, especially at the end when X-23 calls Wolverine 'dad', I was like "don't you go there movie don't you go there, fuck you now I'm broken" lol

But honestly this is probably my favorite Marvel movie, if not second, we''ll see how klind time is on this movie. But for now I put it right behind Civil War as my favourite Marvel movie.

As far as Super Hero movies go Dark Knight still holds the top spot there :P

If people wanna see similar stuff I guess you all go read Old Man Logan, that comic series is awesome.

I wrote my review here on this page, scroll down. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-of-10/page555
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-03-06 at 05:59 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    This is a Fox movie, not a Marvel movie. It merely uses Marvel characters.
    The property from the film Logan still credits Marvel. It's a Marvel movie, it just isn't in the Marvel cinematic universe. (MCU)

Its one of my favourite Marvel movie in the same way that Blade is one of my favourite Marvel movies.
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-03-07 at 10:53 PM.

6 or 7 out of ten, for me, slightly better than the wolverine, This one had a predictable story, and movie had me almost asleep.

It got carried by the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    In the common parlance your terminology is incorrect. It is one of your favorite movies based on Marvel characters. Marvel movies are part of the MCU.
    If you want to put it that way sure, why not

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw it a few days ago. Want to go into more depth, but this movie was something else from all the other x-men movies. The acting was incredible, the music was intense, the sound effects, like the scene in the hotel, had my guts pull up. And the story, that is really what made this so different. I think of this as being like an elseworlds or non-canon to the previous x-men, but in a way that its another timeline or universe, that is darker, less 'comic bookish' then all the x-men films before.

The implication from the director, that everything before this was just a fabrication, and this is the real world, where people die, people get old, they fight, they get scars, and they die. It was unlike any other x-men or even marvel movie before, and it made it feel like it wasn't even part of that world, but that was perfect for what the story needed it to be. Sort of like imagining a comic book writer being given the rights to write a wolverine comic but disconnected from the main marvel timeline, and he can just go crazy, and kill off the main cast as he wishes.

That allowed this movie to be something other marvel movies couldn't, very real, grounded, bleak, and as I stood at the end of the credits waiting for a post credit scene, and seeing there was none, it really hammered home how they wanted this to be a proper finale, Hughs last role as the character everyone loved him for, and probably patrick stewart too.

I so much more preferred both them get a send off like this, in a movie that will be remembered for daring to go the extra mile, more then if they just fizzled out. I'm certain in the future there will be other guys playing he role of xavier and wolverine, but these two will always be to me THE titular actors who captured those roles.

As for X-23, despite the fact shes current in the comics, I don't see her returning to the movies. This movie was set in the future, and with there being no post credit scene, it was just a way of showing a possible future where logan passes the torch, but we're never see what happened to the kids, and I'm fine with that. For me, without characters like xavier, logan, cyclops, beast, storm, gambit, there is no x-men, and anything else is just a poor imitation.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw it today. It didn't really live up to the hype but I was entertained.

The Spanish scene was great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Just saw it today. It didn't really live up to the hype but I was entertained.

The Spanish scene was great.
    Had the same feeling.
    I'm not a X-man lore expert but wasnt adamantium the rarest metal on earth? How they could get enough for not one but two clones?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaralon View Post
    Had the same feeling.
    I'm not a X-man lore expert but wasnt adamantium the rarest metal on earth? How they could get enough for not one but two clones?
    If I remember correctly, and chances I am totally wrong, adamantium is synthetic in an attempt to create vibranium. So I guess they could always make more.

Deleted
    Finally got around to buying Days of future past.

It's definitely the best one by a long shot, even though I wasn't a fan of how the robots didn't look much like the ones from cartoons, but that's minor thing.
    Now just have to wait for Logan to hit dvd

I enjoyed the movie, I really loved the implication of what happened between Xavier and the school that gets hinted at throughout the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    The property from the film Logan still credits Marvel. It's a Marvel movie, it just isn't in the Marvel cinematic universe. (MCU)

Its one of my favourite Marvel movie in the same way that Blade is one of my favourite Marvel movies.
    Blade indeed was a hot piece of work back in its time. I'd love Marvel give it another go. Possibly make it R this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZachGold View Post
    Blade indeed was a hot piece of work back in its time. I'd love Marvel give it another go. Possibly make it R this time.
    Considering the sucess of Deadpool and Logan I would say that isnt out of the realm of possibility...

I really liked it. I wished he was hyped for a tad longer after that injection. Could have been fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you have one of the most popular marvel characters of all time which got his phenomena based on his very core and main trait of being immortal/indestructible and you decide to write a severely lame death plot. Makes sense.
    It really wasn't that impossible to at least try to get closer to a death resembling the comics (which is also lame).
    Wolverine's whole thing was the fact that he would survive anything and outlive anyone and that could fuel so much storytelling.