Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I loved MoP.

MoP for me was Peak Tanking in WoW. I played every tanking spec in the game in MoP and loved every single one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheCherriesLover View Post
    Could've been GOAT if it wasn't for the ridiculous theme.
    War, Genocide, the dangers of irrational emotions. Yeah pretty ridiculous

I didn't care for the panda theme, but I still thought MoP was much more fun than anything that came after. I loved Wrath. Cataclysm is far from my favorite, but it became more than tolerable after they walked back the clusterfuck it was at release. Sadly though, it marked the beginning of expansions where large amounts of the population would quit directly because of design decisions and that has carried through ever since.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, 5 mans were garbage in mop. Disqualifies the expansion for anything other than being shit.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2017-03-20 at 11:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I loved MoP.

MoP for me was Peak Tanking in WoW. I played every tanking spec in the game in MoP and loved every single one.

- - - Updated - - -

War, Genocide, the dangers of irrational emotions. Yeah pretty ridiculous
    Yes pretty ridiculous. Not because of the themes bit the way they were handled.

Technically Wrath was WoW's peak, considering how they hit tail end of 12 million and haven't gotten back to that amount since.

Me, personally, MoP was the peak. I started a couple weeks in BC's launch and have played since, but MoP was when I had the absolute most fun in this game.

MoP is objectively the best expansion, but I think Legion will be way better by the end. Its hard to say for now though.
    Other than PVP, the things you list there were all taken into Legion and improved on!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    No, 5 mans were garbage in mop. Disqualifies the expansion for anything other than being shit.
    MoP is when they introduced Challenge Modes, which led on to be Mythic+.

You can not like that all you want, but no one is going to take you serious if you say MoP dungeons make the entire expansion poor.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me, definitely MoP was the peak.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    MoP is objectively the best expansion, but I think Legion will be way better by the end. Its hard to say for now though.
    Other than PVP, the things you list there were all taken into Legion and improved on!

- - - Updated - - -

You can not like that all you want, but no one is going to take you serious if you say MoP dungeons make the entire expansion poor.
    Objectively my arse. Who are you the objective guy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Mop 5 mans were the worst this game has ever seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC/WotLK. After that came the reign of the menu options, and the game has never been the same.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Mop 5 mans were the worst this game has ever seen.
    In terms of ease yeah for sure. I liked the aesthetics of some though. Especially Stormstout Brewery, Gate of the Setting Sun and Shado Pan Monastery. I mean once I was 463 geared from them I went straight into MSV.

Wrath was the peak....had most subs.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    BC was peak and it was all downhill from there.

Rpg elements were slowly stripped away in favor of convenience.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Peak periods for me were the 4 months following the release of Ulduar and the 4 months following the release of ICC.

MoP was amazing, it was the last time Class Design was amazing, it was the last time PvP was amazing, it was the last time Raiding was amazing. MoP gets a lot of hate on the "theme". But the Theme was actually amazing (cept for the Panda part) but the actual Asian theme they did was really great. The Tiger, Crane, Ox, Dragon. I mean that was awesome, I mean why hate that whole theme?

LK was peak WoW (by numbers)
    LK was peak WoW (by quality alone)
    Legion is peak WoW (by quality + quantity of activity)

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

peak was Ulduar during wrath, hands down.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP was by far the best time to be playing as a prot pally, as I did. I fucking loved it.

wotlk, no contest. mop was damn good though.

Deleted
    MoP's playability was nice, but its weakest spot was... all the panda stuff.

Wrath is still the culmination of WoW, continuing the story started in Warcraft III.