Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiffert View Post
    You see, you state the impossibility to reroll as a fact, so let me show a case of my own:
    Our maintank played his warrior for a majority of this expansion, up till 7/10 mythic. Then decided to reroll druid at the beginning of February. He leveled it up, farmed some dungeons and the original assumption was that he would still finish Nighthold on his warrior.
    Around mid February he actually decided to reroll for the end of Nighthold instead. He did mythic EN and heroic NH on his druid to gear it up and on February 22nd recleared 7/10 mythic Nighthold and by now finished Elisande and Gul'dan progression with it.

Somehow "the impossible" was done in 3 weeks.
    There a huge difference between a damagedealer missing 10% on his weapon and a Tank missing 10% Armor ;D besides Guardian Druid with Artifact Level 35 ist still stronger than a 54 Warrior. In addition: As Tank you don't have much competition around your Raidspot.

Somehow "my problem" was ripped of of context in just 3 sentences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    And once again, the warrior took time off. Decisions have consequences. Now, do I LOVE the AP system? No, but everyone knew the system from launch on. And here's the thing... if you gear the warrior so he would do, say, 700K at 54 traits then with only 35 traits he'll do.... 630k. That's STILL very credible for most content. YOU are making the decision to say "No matter how good he is, we refuse to take him without 54 traits." None of the Mythic NH bosses until after Krosus are tuned around 54. You COULD take him and not lose anything much unless you all do way more DPS than he will. You choose not to.

Same for your druid - they've known the system for months. They could have been keeping the monk up with at least 35 artifact traits and reasonable gear. They chose not to.

Look, I'm not in love with the AP thing. But the Wrath baby idea that you should be able to have a stable of alts who can all raid at the highest level without hardly any catchup just feels wrong to me.
    Ahahahahaha ;D ok im done here. You have no experience in the current mythic content. You always write essays about subjects you don't know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fazzel View Post
    Ahahahahaha ;D ok im done here. You have no experience in the current mythic content. You always write essays about subjects you don't know?
    Oh well that's a convincing... wait no, it's not convincing at all. Try writing more than useless bullshit. You know, more essay-like. Or at least coherent. Look, if you insist on 54 traits, fine. No one is disputing the 10% would help a lot. We're just not sympathetic to the whining that you can't ding 110 and jump into the hardest bosses on the hardest content level within a week or two. If your friends want to get ready, start working now. Or continue to whine and they still won't be ready for ToS.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-03-21 at 03:50 PM.

Deleted
    Oh well that's a convincing... wait no, it's not convincing at all. Try writing more than useless bullshit. You know, more essay-like. Or at least coherent. Look, if you insist on 54 traits, fine. No one is disputing the 10% would help a lot. We're just not sympathetic to the whining that you can't ding 110 and jump into the hardest bosses on the hardest content level within a week or two. If your friends want to get ready, start working now. Or continue to whine and they still won't be ready for ToS.
    Well I just dont like to write essays to monkeys :] Prove me you're in the middle of nighthold mythic progression and we can have the most exciting discussion you'll ever have!

Mythic Krosus is a joke when you outgear it. You can easily carry a player or two...they don't have to be "mythic" ready at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I just dont like to write essays to monkeys :] Prove me you're in the middle of nighthold mythic progression and we can have the most exciting discussion you'll ever have!
    So you have no real point, you just want to bitch. Right. On /ignore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Blizzard is just slowly preparing the game for F2P switch. We had in game shop for sometime now, we can boost characters to high level, we can buy gold. Now we have a grindfest. The next step is F2P with Premium (subscription) accounts and AP/Resources/Gear/Mounts/Pets/Appearances/Transmog Loot boxes in the shop for Real Money.

You can mark this post for future reference to the awesomeness of my nostradamusness.
    If you remove gear from that, I believe it for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    If you remove gear from that, I believe it for sure.
    Should have at least kept up your AK research. I didnt raid EN or TOV and came back and was able to catch up because I was still AK 25. I dont play all that much and am at 50 traits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    Should have at least kept up your AK research. I didnt raid EN or TOV and came back and was able to catch up because I was still AK 25. I dont play all that much and am at 50 traits.
    What does your reply have to do with the post you quoted?

Now I can Raid and not be a burden to my raid, right? Well, not quite. You are still missing 9.5% dmg from your artifact traits. Let's say you need 50 traits to not be a burden. Because let's be real. For a first kill on Krosus every dps needs to pull their weight and because you only got 1 average throughput legendary and 1 utility legendary you are kind of dependent on the traits.
    A 99% warrior is doing 880k dps on Krosus. A 20% Warrior is doing 650k dps on Krosus. If your warrior friend is indeed so skilled let's say he's capable of pulling 880k. Losing 10% artifact level dmg means he'd be doing 800k dps - well over the requirement for M Krosus and well over 20% parsing warriors. Skill is still a bigger factor than artifact lvl. You can jump in and be good within a month. If you expect to jump in and top parses without putting in the work, well, we have a fundamentally different idea of how mmorpgs should work.
    Last edited by Archaea3; 2017-03-21 at 06:58 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    The real "to long to read" version

> Returning Raider
    > Wants to instantly be involved in Mythic Raiding
    > Finds having AP in weapon a roadblocker to it
    > OP talks in a hypothetical manner, e.g. "a friend having this issue" when it's really them

Welcome to Legion
    couldent be more well said
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    What does your reply have to do with the post you quoted?
    He is saying he can't keep up. Legion mythic raiding requires a ton more than WOD, at the least he should have kept up with his AK research.

15+ Year Old Account
    I certainly can appreciate many of the points brought up here. The requirements for entry to mythic raiding are definitely stricter and more difficult to achieve than they ever have been. Previously that barrier consisted entirely of skill and gear. Now you have AP and legendaries throwing a wrench into the mix.

That said- it is now, and always has been, unreasonable to expect someone to go from 0 to 100 quickly. You don't just step into max level and go into competitive mythic raiding within days. Never have, never will. Certainly shouldn't be able to either, in my opinion!

Deleted
    So you have no real point, you just want to bitch. Right. On /ignore.
    So you have no real experience on the topic, you just want to bitch on a topic you have no clue about ;D Who's the Forumtroll here?

So you have no real experience on the topic, you just want to bitch on a topic you have no clue about ;D Who's the Forumtroll here?
    Sorry to just quote you here, but I think this thread seems to having an awful lot of one sided opinions without the ability to look at the overall picture.

In your opinion, how long should it take for a character to be mythic ready? I'm curious - would you prefer it to be purely a matter of skill, or should dedication and time investment be a factor, just not to the extent that it is in Legion?

I'm personally of the opinion that, while AP gating is a needlessly artificial way of preserving content, it serves its purpose in ensuring that players who return to the game experience a wide variety of content. If someone wants to prepare themselves for mythic raiding quickly, AK 1-25 is no longer the 2 month long wait that it was at the beginning of the expansion. People can and do prepare their characters in a matter of weeks; many of our guild members have done so, and while slightly behind on artifact traits, they are performing well enough to join us for most of our progression - is a few weeks too long?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafu View Post
    Sorry to just quote you here, but I think this thread seems to having an awful lot of one sided opinions without the ability to look at the overall picture.

In your opinion, how long should it take for a character to be mythic ready? I'm curious - would you prefer it to be purely a matter of skill, or should dedication and time investment be a factor, just not to the extent that it is in Legion?

I'm personally of the opinion that, while AP gating is a needlessly artificial way of preserving content, it serves its purpose in ensuring that players who return to the game experience a wide variety of content. If someone wants to prepare themselves for mythic raiding quickly, AK 1-25 is no longer the 2 month long wait that it was at the beginning of the expansion. People can and do prepare their characters in a matter of weeks; many of our guild members have done so, and while slightly behind on artifact traits, they are performing well enough to join us for most of our progression - is a few weeks too long?
    3-4 weeks seems to be fair.
    But not through spamming and grinding repetitive Keystones in your freetime. The catchup should be 90% through the raid your guild is carrying you through. Your investment of 12 Hours into Botanist Mythic is rewarded by lousy 125k Artifactpower and some items that are slightly better than your warforged heroic gear. The difficulty grows exponential while the reward grows linear.

Every Mythic Boss should drop a huge chunk of Artifactpower that you can either devide or spend on a few people in need directly.
    This is what I as a 5/10M Raidleader wish for my Members.
    Last edited by mmoc6b95d520dc; 2017-03-22 at 01:09 AM.

3-4 weeks seems to be fair.
    But not through spamming and grinding repetitive Keystones in your freetime. The catchup should be 90% through the raid your guild is carrying you through. Your investment of 12 Hours into Botanist Mythic is rewarded by lousy 125k Artifactpower and some items that are slightly better than your warforged heroic gear. The difficulty grows exponential while the reward grows linear.

Every Mythic Boss should drop a huge chunk of Artifactpower that you can either devide or spend on a few people in need directly.
    This is what I as a 5/10M Raidleader wish for my Members.
    You can carry your undergeared player through Mythic: EN, Heroic Nighthold/Normal and Heroic EN for far less time & effort which will net them a comparatively larger gain than bringing them through Mythic: Nighthold though - really, mythic progression is not a particularly lucrative way of quickly improving character power and it never has been.

You could argue that by doing the above it would take you out of your progression time but that's your choice; do you desperately need that player, and if so are you happy to sacrifice some progression time in order to fast-track them into your run? Sure, they can pug, but in a guild run you can funnel gear into them to bring them up to speed faster. I'd say that your 3-4 week window is perfectly achieveable in that regard.

It's like these players never played a game with character progression. No, you shouldn't be able to just jump into mythic raid progression after being afk from WoD. You need to go through at least some of the farm the rest of us did. "But, but, I wanna play the latest content", well tough luck, work for it kid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ping-pong View Post
    It's like these players never played a game with character progression. No, you shouldn't be able to just jump into mythic raid progression after being afk from WoD. You need to go through at least some of the farm the rest of us did. "But, but, I wanna play the latest content", well tough luck, work for it kid.
    "work for it"?

It´s a computer game, games are supposed to be fun and waiting for AK work orders to complete is hardly what I would call fun. Legion already made much of WoW into a chore. I am sure all those artificial content longevity extensions serve as an implicit warning "if you unsubscribe, you will be in trouble if you ever return" but I doubt it was Blizzard´s intention to limit accessibility

"Boost me all of you people who've put in the work to gear over the last few months! It's all about MEEEEE!!!!"
    Haha, you are fucking retarded and are obviously raiding at LFR level because any "top" guild would be glad to boost a naked player if he was proven to be good. Same goes for swapping classes with potential alts.

For OP: 45 traits and two legendaries should be enough to go on Krosus now, provided your guild can boost you a 4 part in Heroic, which can be done in two week ends and some playing in the evening.
    Last edited by Fynzie; 2017-03-22 at 01:07 PM.

Deleted
    TL/TR in order for a retuning player to get ready for Mythic raiding you need 9 weeks of hardcore farming. That's an insane hurdle for new/returning players to go through to get ready for raiding and one reason why it is so difficult for guilds to recruit new people.
    In practise: even if you are fully prepared not a single guild would give you a raid slot for mid/high tier mythic bosses without very good connections. As an returning player without any kind of references (links/WCL/etc) you will always start at the bottom. If you have 99% parses in normal/heroic in every raid dungeon, than you will maybe have the opporturnity to join a mythic guild quite quickly.