Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Resto] ...and finally the Tearstone of Elune dropped...

I thought I'd go for a quick World Boss kill, even tho I knew he just drops crap.
    I didnt even see any items get into my inventory. Cos the last 4-5 times I killed the World Boss, he didnt drop an item.

So I opened my inv just to make sure I didnt get an item.. and there it was.. a ring.. in a legendary color..couldnt believe my eyes.
    It took me only 3 legs to get this. Yes its my third leg after the wrist and chest.

That ring is so freaking OP compared to the other legs. In combination with the 4-set bonus (the rejuv jumps to other targets), things went wild last night using the ring! Even in a 5man group, the rejuvs went all over the place.

For mostly M+: (but also raids I suppose!)
    I know lots of legs are situational, but not that ring. I dont recall any situation where that ring wouldnt be BiS. I dropped my legendary chest for the ring.
    It has max Haste (like 2500, insane!) with Mastery and a socket. The rejuvs being cast after WG are pretty solid. A lot of times I get quiet a few rejuvs with a WG cast, that then gets multiplied with the 4 set.

I know some will say, its too RNG-based. However, WG is a smart heal, it heals the players with lowest HP, so why no drop a rejuv on them as well? So it saves u mana and it saves u a GCD. U cast rejuvs anyway as resto, so why not having them free and with no GCD? Dont forget about the free mastery stack!

Do u have smililar experience or are u storing the ring in ur stash and using a different one? If so, why?

*happygreetings*
    Last edited by Wild; 2017-03-14 at 01:20 PM.

While I really like the ring in raids, it's in most cases only useful in M+ when you are too lazy to hot people up. For M+ there are definately better choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Grenor View Post
    While I really like the ring in raids, it's in most cases only useful in M+ when you are too lazy to hot people up. For M+ there are definately better choices.
    What would u use over the ring in M+?

Wrist because of op tank healing
    Prydaz Because it helps you survive one shot mechanics and allows you to ignore some other mechanics at least for a small time.
    Trinket because an additional heal cd is often useful
    Belt if you don't have the wrists, the belt is quite nice for tank healing in M+ too.
    Sephuz if it's a week where trash is the primary problem.
    Heck, even Ekowraith with it's big stats boost and dam reduce (if guardian affinity is chosen) can be better.

Boots/Hands aren't really that useful.

PS: I use the ring often in lower M+, because I'm often lazy there and only react to damage.Then the procc helps if you need to hot people up.

Aaaaaaaaand it's being nerfed. Sorry OP, just wanted to shit on your parade.

Only from 20% to 15% though. Still really good, arguably still BiS.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Aaaaaaaaand it's being nerfed. Sorry OP, just wanted to shit on your parade.

Only from 20% to 15% though. Still really good, arguably still BiS.
    Yeah just saw it now . I saw it coming tho...it was OP no doubt. I kinda loled how blizzard still works on sephuz, trying to make it a leg that people actually prefer over spec specific legs. Sad, very sad.

As mentioned, it is quite bad in M+ (even before the nerf). a 6 player heal isn't as useful when you have 5 targets in total, and the proc can easily go to waste in a dungeon group.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    Yeah just saw it now . I saw it coming tho...it was OP no doubt. I kinda loled how blizzard still works on sephuz, trying to make it a leg that people actually prefer over spec specific legs. Sad, very sad.
    Oh it'll never be a legendary people really want. The buff to it is nice but no one will care unless base speed is something that's that valuable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fallenangel-succ View Post
    As mentioned, it is quite bad in M+ (even before the nerf). a 6 player heal isn't as useful when you have 5 targets in total, and the proc can easily go to waste in a dungeon group.
    Bolded part doesn't matter at all; doesn't the proc also refresh it though?

It will have a negative synergy with 7.2 Aman'Thul's Wisdom though, that's for sure. It's almost like all the Resto legendaries are not only just eh, but they work against each other; it's really weird.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

awesome for raids, but in 7.2 is nerfed so we'll see

Congratz, I'm at 904 equipped, 6 legs,no ring no trinket,its close to impossible to compete with druids that have the ring with 6-10 ilvl overall less than me equipped.
    Maybe this week will be a lucky week....or I could always get sepusz, or the gloves,that will be motivating.

Even if the ring will be nerfed I'm quite sure it will still be very good in raids, just simply so much free healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenangel-succ View Post
    what? are you saying you are not casting Wild Growth in M+ or something? it's still a lot of aoe heal and and also gives you 7k mastery which is better than int in M+. I mean the bracers are obvious, but how is it not valueable still? It's still a lot of time to put up 10 rejus. Also you can just put one on everybody cast a WG and see how many you get. It's a ton of free globals and healing you get. It also gives mastery (the ring itself).
    I mean yes, you can make and arguement for bracers, trinket, prydaz, belt, but "quite bad" is a ridiculous overstatement

also in 7.2 raid, the ring is still likely top 3. Idk if the shoulders/velens combo would beat it.

Tearstone:
    When you need to hot up all people you know it in advance in M+. while 10 GCD is a lot you can't really depend on the procc there. Yes you might be lucky, but you will have to plan without the procc. So it's nice when it proccs, but in most cases not necessary. Other legendarys just offer more in M+. And yes not only Prydaz/Velens/Belt. The other i mentioned increase your healing by more than the ring. In raids it's op, but not so much in M+.

Wildgrowth:
    Sounds a bit crazy this "6 player heal" not as useful in M+. I totally agree thats just nonsense. You cast WW nearly on CD often enough in M+.

Shoulders:
    No idea why ou would think shoulders are actually good with the buff. While yes they are better than before, they are far from BiS in 7.2. The combination with Velens might seem tempting, the overhealing distribution is just a little bonus. Don't overestimate it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grenor View Post
    Tearstone:
    When you need to hot up all people you know it in advance in M+. while 10 GCD is a lot you can't really depend on the procc there. Yes you might be lucky, but you will have to plan without the procc. So it's nice when it proccs, but in most cases not necessary. Other legendarys just offer more in M+. And yes not only Prydaz/Velens/Belt. The other i mentioned increase your healing by more than the ring. In raids it's op, but not so much in M+.
    I was just making a point for "quite bad, even before the nerf" is a huge exaggeration. And I dont really think besides the ones I mentioned the ring is outperformed by the rest. I run with it and I still get a lot of free rejus, free heal, free gcd. sometimes it's actually crucial when you need to get in the direct heals fast to have free rejus on the grp but yes it is not a fix value, it's not reliable and thats why I said the others could perform better. It still performs well and definitely nowhere near "bad"

Shoulders:
    No idea why ou would think shoulders are actually good with the buff. While yes they are better than before, they are far from BiS in 7.2. The combination with Velens might seem tempting, the overhealing distribution is just a little bonus. Don't overestimate it.
    it's a little bit of grey area still, but on discord it's already theorized based on current logs and full overheal ticks that the amount of free reju time you get is quite huge... we'll see it in practice. But the fact is: it's the only legendary besides velens and ring that works towards your job as a sustain raid healer, so really the only one with potential unless the others for some reason turn out to be grossly overpowered. But feel free to show your logs and math and your estimations and how exactly seeing some potential for it is "overestimating"

Tearstone is obviously not terrible, but it's also been pretty highly overrated all expansion in terms of people thinking it blows away other legendaries from a raid healing perspective (or at least everything except Velen's). The reality is, the average gains (at least for me whenever I use the legendary analyzer) from Tearstone is in the 4-5% range typically. That puts it below Velen's from most logs I have seen that are lucky enough to have that damned legendary, and pretty close to other top tier legendaries like Prydaz and Eldraith.

It's also only 1-2% ahead of other legendaries that are typically seen as second rate like Ekowraith and even the belt realistically if it's in that 4-5% range. People like Tearstone, because it's unconditional no strings attached throughput without changing your play style/spell usage, but it was never ridiculously overpowered or as far ahead of the other legendaries as people exaggerated it to be. Now, with a 25% nerf, and most of the other legendaries being buffed, it falls to middle of the pack as far as I'm concerned. It really did not need the nerf; the buffs to the other legendaries would have brought it in line as is.

From my perspective, here is how I'd rank the legendaries in 7.2

For Raiding:
    1. Velen's
    2. Prydaz
    3. Eldraith - I would drop it to the bottom third of the pack after you have T20 2pc/4pc, because I think the synergy between them will actually be detrimental in practise.
    4. Lifebloom Belt
    5. Rejuv Shoulders (this could go down several slots if progression Rejuv overheal drops way below 20%)
    6. Tearstone
    7. Tranq boots
    8. Ekowraith
    9. Sephuz
    10. Ironbark hands

For M+:
    1. Lifebloom belt
    2. Eldraith
    3. Velen's
    4. Sephuz
    5. Prydaz
    6. Ekowraith
    7. Rejuv Shoulders
    8. Ironbark hands
    9. Tearstone
    10. Tranq boots

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Tearstone is obviously not terrible, but it's also been pretty highly overrated all expansion in terms of people thinking it blows away other legendaries from a raid healing perspective (or at least everything except Velen's). The reality is, the average gains (at least for me whenever I use the legendary analyzer) from Tearstone is in the 4-5% range typically. That puts it below Velen's from most logs I have seen that are lucky enough to have that damned legendary, and pretty close to other top tier legendaries like Prydaz and Eldraith
    Seeing your posts here and other places I kinda think you are the one overrating everything else. You basically keep saying you'd rather do 7% better tank healing then 5% better raidhealing as a resto druid. I dont really wanna get into a huge debate or anything over healing philosophies but If you have like 1-3 hpal/spothealers and the resto druid, there's no way the druid should be looking for pulling extra logs on tanks. Druid is the best sustian raid healer by far, and generally you need sustain healing on both raid and tanks mostly all the time and by this I mean you obviously fullHoT tanks as much as you can for better sustain, but you are not looking for getting extra heal on them over the raid, basically sniping from spothealers who's job is gonna be exactly that. So Velens and Tearstone give you increases towards that goal. So no I dont really think 5% from Eldraith is worth as much as 5% from Tearstone unless you have 4 resto druids and someone has to do the tankhealing and the spothealing or something. Prydaz is obviously really valuable for pushing cutting edge content but also counting it's absorb logs on yourself the same way the trinket or tearstone give healing is absolutely silly. The moment you are not getting oneshot by random mechanics that affect the raid and you'd survive and sustain by general raid healing it's value is suddenly not the same even though you are getting the absorb numbers on logs. I'm not saying it's not good, even outside of crazy absorb values, but I do think you are looking at these logs in a skewed way. Other legendaries have to be way better log-wise (or need situations to be way better) to even compete with legendaries that works towards you role and goal in a raid/healing setup which in 90% of the time is going to be only velens/tearstone and depending on how shoulders turn out potentially that one.

and the M+ thing: Sure. As I said I can see the arguments and after patch they are probably more in effect, but since I dont have a a lot of legendaries and and just run tearstone I do see it gets good value and "bad" is simply untrue

Quote Originally Posted by groparu View Post
    ,its close to impossible to compete with druids that have the ring with 6-10 ilvl overall less than me equipped.
    This is just not true, sorry. Legendaries only boost your healing so much, and unless you're hovering around 90-95th percentile for your ilevel and simply want to get 99th percentile parses, your statement just isn't true. If you link logs though, we can analyze them and I'm willing to bet changing your spell/cooldown usage to improve your logs will have more of an effect than having the ring drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Rompildras View Post
    This is just not true, sorry. Legendaries only boost your healing so much, and unless you're hovering around 90-95th percentile for your ilevel and simply want to get 99th percentile parses, your statement just isn't true. If you link logs though, we can analyze them and I'm willing to bet changing your spell/cooldown usage to improve your logs will have more of an effect than having the ring drop.
    Seconded.

We have two resto druids in our raid and I (with legendary wrist and neck) usually outperform our other resto (with ring and neck, ~5ilvl more than me and otherwise similar equip) by quite a large margin. Analysing the logs has shown that the difference is mainly coming from me making more/better use of CDs and to a lesser extend my overall higher uptime of Efflorescence.

On a related note: I just analysed our last Guldan heroic kill with the resto druid legendary analyser and apparently I got nearly the same amount of healing out of the wrists than our other druid out of the ring. I agree with Hei Bai that the Tearstone is the better legendary for our role as raidhealers and if I had the Tearstone I would definitely equip it over the wrists, but on numbers alone the ring (or legendarys in general) are not the be-all end-all.

So, saying "I don't have the ring, therefore it is impossible for me to compete with other druids who have it" is, as Rompildras said, just not true.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsymphony View Post
    On a related note: I just analysed our last Guldan heroic kill with the resto druid legendary analyser and apparently I got nearly the same amount of healing out of the wrists than our other druid out of the ring.
    Yes - I regularly see this. On fights where I equip both the ring and bracers, the bracers do more total healing about 50% of the time. On fights where I equip Prydaz/Ring, Prydaz often matches to exceeds the ring in total throughput. While I get the argument that the ring adds more raid healing vs healing on yourself being padding, you also have to factor in the utility value of having a huge fucking shield on yourself all the time. That can easily be the difference between dying and not dying if you make a mistake, or if the raid is taking extra damage due to something going wrong.

What is concerning about the ring is that it numerically only about ends up on par with other legendaries right now, and it's getting a 25% nerf while most everything else gets buffed. I think it's going to be hard post 7.2 to make a case for keeping it equipped if you have bracers/Prydaz/belt/Velen's available to you as options. Even Ekowraith probably drifts close to it in total value when you factor in the huge amount of bonus INT/stats.

Also, if anything, the legendary analyzer actually underrates the bracers currently - this is one of their recent updates.

Edraith, Bonds of Aglaya now only count extra healing from Wild Growth, Cenarion Ward, Cultivation and Regrowth. Rejuvenation and Lifebloom would most likely have been reapplied if they had not been extended so this should give a more honest value. Since extended Rejuvenations are no longer included neither is Dreamwalker healing.
    I actually disagree with that approach fairly strongly. Sure, you probably would have refreshed Rejuv or Lifebloom anyway even if it wasn't extended. However, those extra 10 seconds still add up to more free GCDs and less mana spent over the course of the fight, and assigning them 0 value doesn't really make a lot of sense. I could see assigning them a reduced value or something, but excluding it altogether is IMO worse than just including it.

Hey,

I think there are a lot of things to consider when choosing the "BiS"-legendary for a certain fight. Ring will still be "BiS" after the nerf for fights where you use WG on cooldown (either very short fights or when you have extra mana from wisdom and/or innervates) it will be pretty good on low-difficulty content too (e.g. when you will play incarn since cult won't be triggered).

There is still a little misconception about bracers here. Yes they only add more sufficient tankhealing to your kit, but what they don't tell you -> YOU CAN SOLOHEAL ONE TANK, which either means you can reduce a spothealer from your roaster or they can focus on somebody else (especially useful for ticho mythic). So bracer, depending on the fight, are "best in slot" too.

Now it gets interesting with Shoulders getting a significant buff they might be a go-to-choice for fights with heaving raidhealing (e.g. Krosus) in coop with the legendary trinket (should you be one of the lucky people to have the stupid thing...)

Magnum Opus is complicated. Since it is more less fixed (you can buff the shield by switching into bear-form just before it comes up) its percentile of your hps will decrease by A LOT if you reach the millions of HPS. Sure it gets very good on progress fights where you might make mistakes and it saves you, but you shouldn't plan for doing mistakes anyway. I don't have it but the very high percentile logs show it with 2-3% of their healing which is just not good enough considering the other options. All things considered I would still default to it for a NEW fight where you are bound to make mistakes since you are still learning the fight.

The rest of the legendaries is TOO situational (yeah maybe one of them turns out to be mathematically broken because of the extra stats) but lets look at gloves -> even on a perfect fight like ticho they only averaged about 2-3% of your healing which is not good enough. Same goes for the belt (since it interfers with your bracers you rather want them instead of it). Sephuz and Boots are to unreliable in my opinion. Last but not least the chest which could be good just because of the raw stats, but I can't do the math on that, maybe someone else will.

As for 7.2 I will start with Shoulders and Tearstone/Bracers depending on the fight. Would use Shoulders and Trinket if I had it, and swap Shoulders for Bracers on fights like Ticho. Will try Magnum Opus on some fights as soon as I get it to confirm or negate my statement.

TLDR: Trinket is the obvious choice, for every fight since good druids can get up to 15% extra HPS from it (considering both the effect and the healing increase). Second place is shared between Shoulders, Bracers, Ring and Magnum Opus in 7.2 depending on the fight and your healing/raid setup.

THIS ANALYSIS IS FOR RAIDING ONLY! I DID NOT CONSIDER M+.

Cheers

RestoSpirit

Obviously, you wouldn't want to use Belt + Bracers at the same time; it would be pick one or the other. You also probably don't want to use the Bracers at all once you have T20 2pc and 4pc, because they have a problematic interaction that desyncs the CD of Swiftmend from CW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RestoSpirit View Post

Magnum Opus is complicated. Since it is more less fixed (you can buff the shield by switching into bear-form just before it comes up) its percentile of your hps will decrease by A LOT if you reach the millions of HPS.
    It's not entirely true that it's "fixed", because the size of the shield scales with the amount of stamina you have, which means it scales up as you get more gear, just like everything else. If you're reaching higher HPS numbers, it's probably at least in part driven by higher gear, and it keeps scaling with it. Sure, it might be 7% of your HPS on a fight with low total damage and 3-4% on a fight with high overall raid damage, but the value of the absorb/survivability portion of Prydaz tends to increase the higher the damage taken gets, because that extra survivability makes it that much more likely having the absorb prevents you from dying.