Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    No. How is that relevant?
    Your own link says US and UK. Maybe read your own link again.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Your own link says US and UK. Maybe read your own link again.
    So because UK is doing the same thing ( which was updated after this thread had been created, and still no detail of their plan is revealed), it means this action was not taken by Trump administration?
    What are you even talking about?

7+ Year Old Account
    So because UK is doing the same thing ( which was updated after this thread had been created, and still no detail of their plan is revealed), it means this action was not taken by Trump administration?
    It's linked in the article http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39343971

Still denying facts I see.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    How is it a fact that trump administration is not responsible for the actions taken by DHS???

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    It's linked in the article http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39343971
    Oh, I missed that update, thanks.
    And it's a different set of locations and a different set of airlines.

Deleted
    At least it is not about alternative facts, as like The Donald loves them.

How is it a fact that trump administration is not responsible for the actions taken by DHS???
    Do you deny this is done because there is intelligence gathered that says this is a real threat?
    Do you deny a bomb can be hidden in a laptop?
    Do you deny UK see's this is as a threat oo and also is taking precautions, something Trump has no authority over?
    Do you deny in you own link that it states this has nothing to do with Trumps travel ban?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    The OP is enjoying his own alternative facts, as well as you.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Seriously, how is trump not being responsible for DHS actions a fact?

Deleted
    Your most alternative fact is that you pretend to be a "independent voter" while you are just defending trump whenever possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously, how is trump not being responsible for DHS actions a fact?
    Donald Trump is infact not responsible for anything. I mean.. he lives in his own world, sees Obamas wiretapping him, and catastrophes in sweden where there are none.. and fake news from every news source except Fox news...

You know.. someone like that is not responsible. Just be cautious he doesnt destroy anything.

Do you deny this is done because there is intelligence gathered that says this is a real threat?
    Do you deny a bomb can be hidden in a laptop?
    Do you deny UK see's this is as a threat oo and also is taking precautions, something Trump has no authority over?
    Do you deny in you own link that it states this has nothing to do with Trumps travel ban?

- - - Updated - - -

1- No
    2- No
    3- No
    4- No
    But none of above makes this decision less stupid and prejudice.

Now stop dodging and answer my question. You claimed this is not an action taken by Trump administration. Please tell me who made this decision if not trump administrator.

1- No
    2- No
    3- No
    4- No

Now stop dodging and answer my question. You claimed this is not an action taken by Trump administration. Please tell me who made this decision if not trump administrator.
    I never said who was or wasn't responsible for the decision I said the reasons listed are not racist as you claimed them to be. You're the only one making this argument, no credible news agency is making this argument. Your opinion is not only factually wrong but ignorant.
    Last edited by zenkai; 2017-03-21 at 08:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1- No
    2- No
    3- No
    4- No

Yawn. Just go outside and walk off your outrage.

I never said who was or wasn't responsible for the decision I said the reasons listed are not racist as you claimed them to be. You're the only one making this argument, no credible news agency is making this argument. Your opinion is not only factually wrong but ignorant.
    Reasons are not racist, the action is prejudice.

Reasons are not racist, the action is prejudice.
    Enjoy your alternative facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Yawn. Just go outside and walk off your outrage.
    You really enjoy making absolutely irrelevant comments, don't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow not only the US but the UK too, though luckily it doesn't affect me. Well if they're going to start doing this then the airlines should really be forced to provide baggage insurance on checked in luggage what with how often airlines seem to be skilled at losing bags or sending them on the wrong flight after you've handed them over and especially with how big of a target the luggage of those flights will become now with the knowledge that there is definitely a high chance of a piece of pricey tech inside that can be flogged by a thief.

If anything a better directive would be to identify and label passengers with electronics in their carry on at the security checks and then whilst boarding they have to stow their carry on in special locked storage along with any mobile devices on their person if they want to be seated on the flight and then they can collect them at the end of the flight. If they're boarding in a group with some other people then their mobile devices have to be stored also. I mean it would be no different than storing them in the baggage hold, the passenger's know their stuff is onboard and locked away safely with constant eyes on the locker and also reduces the chance of someone remotely setting off a bomb unless they were able to hide something in a shoe or belt (unlikely).
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    But having actionable intelligence saying that someone from one of those locations will try to set off a Samsun bomb wouldn't be based on racism.
    I am still failing to see how the airlines are going to keep people from bringing that stuff onto their airplanes. Another luggage check after the first one for entering the terminals at the airport?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    If anything a better directive would be to identify and label passengers with electronics in their carry on at the security checks and then whilst boarding they have to stow their carry on in special locked storage along with any mobile devices on their person if they want to be seated on the flight and then they can collect them at the end of the flight. If they're boarding in a group with some other people then their mobile devices have to be stored also. I mean it would be no different than storing them in the baggage hold, the passenger's know their stuff is onboard and locked away safely with constant eyes on the locker and also reduces the chance of someone remotely setting off a bomb unless they were able to hide something in a shoe or belt (unlikely).
    Yep this would be a way better solution than whatever this story is about.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Aha, so they target different countries. And they also include cell phones larger than a certain size. This will not cause any troubles whatsoever.
    They don't even target countries, they target flight companies. And since there are a multitude of other companies operating between US/UK and the mentioned Middle Eastern countries...

It really is like banning red and green trucks, because they might be carrying cocaine - but not touching trucks of other colors. This ban makes much less sense than Trump's Muslim ban, and that ban was a piece of work in itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    They don't even target countries, they target flight companies. And since there are a multitude of other companies operating between US/UK and the mentioned Middle Eastern countries...

It really is like banning red and green trucks, because they might be carrying cocaine - but not touching trucks of other colors. This ban makes much less sense than Trump's Muslim ban, and that ban was a piece of work in itself.
    I´m sitting here at home trying to figure out how in the flying fuck the airlines are supposed to uphold that ban.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Edit: Misread.

Still don't care.