Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    CRZ
    Is the spawn of the devil and needs to be purged with fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    When these were first announced i was on the fence about these as most of them seemed like a waste of time. I know i will get some grumblings about how they are "fun" blah blah. Seems like as a whole the time spent on these could had been better utilized somewhere else. After looking at the poll on the front page it seems a majority do no like them at all. While i know the poll does not consult the whole wow populous but the results of a poll with nearly 40,000 votes and be taken lightly. Polls with a sample size this large tend to show the overall direction something went pretty well, and in the case of this it looks like it was a fail.

If it were a random sample I'd agree with you, but the readers of mmo-champion forums is going to skew more "serious" and less casual than the player base as a whole.

No I don't think so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I don't see how that matters. The question asked was "Did you do event X?" If you don't play the game then you can't or didn't do the event. So the result is accurate for the question asked.

If it asked "If you still play WOW did you do event X?" then you might have a point.

Shoot the event could have been so awesome that 50% of the No could have re-subbed long enough to do the event!
    There's not even a million accounts on this website, there's been over 100 million wow accounts over the past 10 years.

That means this forum represents less than 1% of the total player base, which means a poll like this doesn't reflect the real life conditions, which is what the OP was trying to hint at, that everyone disliked it and that it's a failure. I can assure you the people playing this game and not being on forums, will out-mass those being on forums by a factor of 50 or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    When these were first announced i was on the fence about these as most of them seemed like a waste of time. I know i will get some grumblings about how they are "fun" blah blah. Seems like as a whole the time spent on these could had been better utilized somewhere else. After looking at the poll on the front page it seems a majority do no like them at all. While i know the poll does not consult the whole wow populous but the results of a poll with nearly 40,000 votes and be taken lightly. Polls with a sample size this large tend to show the overall direction something went pretty well, and in the case of this it looks like it was a fail.
    I would like them more if they were a good leveling opportunity like the AQ one was for my alts with the WQ

Oh for fucks sake stop making these idiotic threads. Either play the game or don't. Not everything has to be whined about incessantly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    but they also cost development resources which could go to other things to improve them greatly. Leveling(1-85) is one thing I would rather see improvements on than these microholidays...Hell even PvP(which is a hot mess in Legion to begin with). Use those resources for things that need actual fixing
    What makes you think they would do these other things if they didn't implement micro holidays? Maybe they just simply wouldn't have done those things either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    I'd do micro holidays....

...but my low-med pop alliance PvP realm is CZR with three high-pop horde PVP realms so it's literally more horde than my PC loads before I'd die. Good job on the CRZ there.
    Yeah.. I probably would have went out there to check the event out, but my server is the same way. One alliance server merged with 5 horde servers. Leaving the broken isles is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    4. really? you think if they cut the micro holidays they could fix all of 1-60 leveling
    Nope, but I still think the time spent could be spent on something better. I find it really hard to believe that it takes so little time that it's insignificant, we're talking about coding here.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-03-22 at 01:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. They are small, low-dev cost, silly optional events. They add much needed flavor imo.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    This (though I would say the 1-90 leveling experience)... I use to love leveling new characters, but ever since the Cataclysm revamp of the old world it's felt very bland to me, and then the stat squish for WoD screwed up the scaling for everything pre-WoD to a hilarious degree:

https://gfycat.com/BlankDifficultFeline

That shouldn't be a thing... How is something that laughably easy and boring supposed to hold someone's attention? If I were a new player I would quit long before level cap out of boredom.
    1-60 content could be standalone from current expansions, with zones dealing with local threats and expansion-related events being introduced when appropriate, like Legion invasions. Scaling tech, bonus objectives and flexible content could make it possible to skip Outland and Northrend at the very least whilst leveling for more seasoned players. One can hope they'd also visually update the zones and mobs therein.

Not that I ever believed the whole "leveling used to take SKILL!!!"-trope, considering the AI has always remained the same and people only ever died to it due to being... well, new to the game, but they could use the affix-tech to make leveling more demanding for experienced players.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-03-22 at 01:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Nope, but I still think the time spent could be spent on something better. I find it really hard to believe that it takes so little time that it's insignificant, we're talking about coding here.
    It takes little time because its the equivalent of creating a couple of quests here and there with in game assets. I'd really like to know what people mean but "fix" 1-60 leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    It takes little time because its the equivalent of creating a couple of quests here and there with in game assets. I'd really like to know what people mean but "fix" 1-60 leveling.
    "Fix" might be too subjective, "remake" would be more appropriate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    "Fix" might be too subjective, "remake" would be more appropriate.
    Remaking would certainly require far more resources. New art assets alone would take forever and a day

When I think about something that was really fun and I didn't care about the rewards at all was Wintergrasp during wotlk. That shit was so cool...

I've never done any of these events and have no interest in doing them. Maybe if they could be used to leveling while having a quick way to get there, then I would consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Remaking would certainly require far more resources. New art assets alone would take forever and a day
    Yeah well, one can hope, especially with their bigger team working on the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Server imbalance is too rampant for micro-holidays to be "fun" for pvp servers. I'm on the populous side of mine, but I imagine if I were alliance on this server I'd never leave Dalaran.

Also, there isn't any pets or keepsakes, so. ._.

well i play wow since vanilla, so i know all those events and without reward behind it, i dont see why i should do them, its was just a waste to create them like that;p

Without a concrete and permanent reward, I'm afraid that a lot of people will consider them a waste of time.

I mean, it can be fun, but when you have nothing to show for it, meh...
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they can be interesting but it isn't for everyone.

Yeah well, one can hope, especially with their bigger team working on the game.

I think it's matter of how they can do it tbh.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I liked the Hipogryph day because I got a cool bird on my shoulder for a few days.

I didn't do Ungoro because the event didn't seem fun. Kill a few dinos for a & damage increase or a buff that says you're awesome. It's just 'meh' all around.