Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurtugal View Post
    are you on korgath? They CRZ us with blackrock 6 months or so back and its just ridiculous now trying to WQ sometimes.
    I'm Horde on Blackrock and I see just as many Alliance out and ganking people as I do Horde. Not seeing an issue and I have no problem getting stuff done. My Draenei pally is on a PVE (Proudmoore) server though. :P
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Players won't go out of their way to partake in something that's not going to result in a reward?? Well I for one am in shock!

... I think Micro Holidays are a waste of their time, it could be put to better use improving things like 1-60 leveling experiences and such. When I want to do something which doesn't necessarily lead to any meaningful reward, I already have activities in-game.

However, a MMO-C poll is by no means a good gauge for these things considering everyone can vote. How many of those votes don't even play WoW? Yeah...
    They are a failure to me but the last place I want resources to go is 1-60 leveling. FUCK that. With the current trend of getting free 100 when you buy expac, if there is a new class or something, thats what I will do. I, and I'm sure this is true for a lot of people, will never again level from scratch. I have all the classes/faction combos at 100 or higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Nope, but I still think the time spent could be spent on something better. I find it really hard to believe that it takes so little time that it's insignificant, we're talking about coding here.
    The amount of players that would do more than check the 1-60 revamp out once then never again, is less than the amount doing these micro events.

A 1-60 remake would be a complete and utter waste of time and resources. Because it does nothing, at all. There's no reward for it. Same as Micro events. It would still be significantly faster to just do dungeons, and that would be what people did.

That logic is crazy, "Micro events are a waste of resources, so few people do them"
    "Use resources on a 1-60 revamp despite the fact even less people would participate in that"

A huge waste of development time.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I have nothing against the idea but so far the ones i seen have been nothing of interest if they ever did a event for it like the wrath event i would gladly do them even with no rewards
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I want to look you in the eyes as your morals fly out the window. I want to watch the righteousness leave your eyes.

My problem with the dino holiday is that when I had time to do it (~2AM Pacific) I flew to Un'Goro and there were like 3 other people in the zone. Not really something that 4 people can do much with.

Thought about it, but was taking advantage of the honor boon in BG's. Was able to get the pvp appearance for my artifact weapon
    Horseshit.

There is so much grind in Legion. Prestige, AP, Dungeons, Alts, Raids and weekly events. - some including preparation for the next patch (and all of them in addition to my rl). I don't have time to do something that doesn't reward anything significant. Also the descriptions of those micro holidays make them seem even more boring than they probably are.
    Last edited by WurstKaeseSzenario; 2017-03-22 at 03:03 AM.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I had fun. I really like them. It's nice having things that aren't required to be done in a period of time. I have taken part in all of them to check out what they've done.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I'm Horde on Blackrock and I see just as many Alliance out and ganking people as I do Horde. Not seeing an issue and I have no problem getting stuff done. My Draenei pally is on a PVE (Proudmoore) server though. :P
    That's because my guild sometimes takes it upon themselves to force horde to experience the "lol we so gooooood at pvp" by ganking at the flight path, just as horde do 24/7.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's more dependent on specific events than on the entirety of micro-holidays. I didn't spend more than an hour doing Un'goro Madness but spent a couple hours playing during the Call of the Scarab and I enjoyed the Hippogryph Hatching Event for what it was. I think the idea of small, world-centric events is great and has a lot of potential, but it all comes down to how each event plays out. Given that these are a new feature, I figured it would take a few of these holidays to come to pass before Blizzard gets a better idea on what works and what doesn't.

Compared to Un'goro, Call of the Scarab had more gameplay breadth and incentive without being excessive in either, which I think makes it a superior event. Hatching of the Hippogryphs, on the other hand, had almost no gameplay but still had value in providing a fun cosmetic buff that lasted beyond the event in addition to some degree of sentimental connection with the world and its story, which I think is extremely important. It seems like the most compelling micro-holidays have either breadth of gameplay, story/personal/world significance, and/or a unique gameplay/incentive "hook" (such as flying a faction banner over a raid or constructing a boat to sail in Thousand Needles.)

I love the idea of micro holidays and I hope they don't fall out of favor because a few of the holidays don't work out and of course because there are some types of players that would never participate in them regardless. Preferably, by the time more holidays get added, Blizzard will have figured out which of these events work the best and implement more events like that.

"Fix" might be too subjective, "remake" would be more appropriate.
    You mean how they "remaked" it the first time in Cataclysm?

I'd rather them just make every zone in the game scalable tbh with scalable quests. Would do a lot more wonders than just remaking stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reaver View Post
    I think it's more dependent on specific events than on the entirety of micro-holidays. I didn't spend more than an hour doing Un'goro Madness but spent a couple hours playing during the Call of the Scarab and I enjoyed the Hippogryph Hatching Event for what it was. I think the idea of small, world-centric events is great and has a lot of potential, but it all comes down to how each event plays out. Given that these are a new feature, I figured it would take a few of these holidays to come to pass before Blizzard gets a better idea on what works and what doesn't.

Compared to Un'goro, Call of the Scarab had more gameplay breadth and incentive without being excessive in either, which I think makes it a superior event. Hatching of the Hippogryphs, on the other hand, had almost no gameplay but still had value in providing a fun cosmetic buff that lasted beyond the event in addition to some degree of sentimental connection with the world and its story, which I think is extremely important. It seems like the most compelling micro-holidays have either breadth of gameplay, story/personal/world significance, and/or a unique gameplay/incentive "hook" (such as flying a faction banner over a raid or constructing a boat to sail in Thousand Needles.)

I love the idea of micro holidays and I hope they don't fall out of favor because a few of the holidays don't work out and of course because there are some types of players that would never participate in them regardless. Preferably, by the time more holidays get added, Blizzard will have figured out which of these events work the best and implement more events like that.
    The thing I enjoyed about Call of the Scarab compared to the other two was that you weren't just competing with the factions, but it also gave a WQ or two to encourage you to run stuff related to the events. In this case it was the two raids. I would bet almost anything AQ20 and AQ40 saw more action in that short span than it does all year. The XP was nice too for alts and gave something else to do rather than usual zone grind.

Do all events need to give massive XP bonuses? No. But offering stuff like WQ with XP reward helps. Giving decent XP helps too otherwise people feel like they could make better use of their time. Doesn't need cosmetic, pets or mounts as a reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Seriously, what are those devs smoking? There's a complete lack of logic in everything they do these days.
    Does that not make sense? If it had a reward, I'd feel obligated to do it even if I didn't care about the event. That's not really good design.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    That's because my guild sometimes takes it upon themselves to force horde to experience the "lol we so gooooood at pvp" by ganking at the flight path, just as horde do 24/7.
    I only attack people that attack me and I never ill lowbies and I even teamed up with a draenei priest to kill the guards at one flight path which was a fun challenge in itself.

I have killed many and will join in on retaliation attacks sometimes though.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

I never quite saw the point of them. I like the ideas behind them but i'd rather spend my time on something that will give me a permanent reward. Having no permanent rewards whatsoever makes it easy to overlook.
    I can see them being a fun thing to wander around and enjoy if you have nothing to do but they don't really catch my eye.

They don't need to go all out to make them worthwhile. One or two small rewards would spice things up. A pet (could be a simple recolor) or a new toy would be all it takes. (Maybe even a whimsical title if you participate in enough events.) In some cases they could make the rewards more generic (such as new everlasting firework colors, cosmetic hats, or enchanted party item pets) and put them on rotation so if people missed the event, one of the next micro holidays down the road would have a chance of dropping the same reward as well.
    Hell, if they came up with more critters that you could unlock so that you could permanently summon them to sit on your head/shoulder like Pepe once you found them, they could hide a few spawn points around the event area and watch the world burn people go nuts.

Xp buff rewards would have also been good for lower levels.
    Last edited by SylviaDragon; 2017-03-22 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    If it had a reward, I'd feel obligated to do it even if I didn't care about the event. That's not really good design.
    In WoW, do players do anything any more for no reward?

Of the micro-holidays we had I only liked the Scarab Day. (They screwed up even that by making the holiday region-wide instead of realm-wide, but fine, shit happens, they can't foresee everything.) The reason for this is that they put way more effort into the Scarab Day than into all other holidays taken together.

I liked the idea of micro-holidays when they were announced. But the proof is in the pudding and if we look there, I barely participated in the holidays after the Scarab Day and I won't participate in future holidays like that in the future. They aren't interesting. They should either do the micro-holidays that are interesting enough to attend or they should stop doing them. The micro-holidays we have are not interesting enough. They just aren't.

Eh. If they had anything that was 'permanent', I would do them until I had that 'permanent' thing and was done with it. Achievement. Unique transmog. Pet. Mount. Toy. But I have other things to do in-game than zerg around with a deathball to get pointless buffs. The Silithis event was fun, the Un`goro one was pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like them, really!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I don't know. I have not been to any of them.

WoW is about challenge and character progression. These "holidays" do not give me any of that.