Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    More detailed maths to highlight how much of stumbling block Spellblade is:

Comparison (H:M ratio x 5)
    Heroic : around 75% of raids that have killed H.Skorpyron have killed H. Spellblade
    Mythic : around 15% of raids that have killed M.Skorpyron have killed M. Spellblade

Comparison (H:M ratio x 1.3)
    Heroic : around 99% of raids that have killed H.Skorpyron have killed H.Chronomatic Anomaly
    Mythic : around 75% of raids that have killed M.Skorpyron have killed M.Chronomatic Anomaly

Comparison (H:M ratio x 1.5)
    Heroic : around 98% of raids that have killed H.Skorpyron have killed H.Trilliax
    Mythic : around 66% of raids that have killed M.Skorpyron have killed M.Trilliax
    You need to consider WHY so many guilds can do Chrono/Trill and not Spellblade, it's because the first 3 mythic bosses are a joke, and are not scaled up to an appropriate difficulty for mythic, and are literally free kills. Spellblade should be easier, but definitely not nearly as easy as Trilliax is.

Comparing kill percentages DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING, when you're comparing a fight that shouldn't be a mythic fight, and is basically a heroic fight, to an actual mythic fight.

Mythic Skorp is easier than Heroic Gul'dan. So your information you're spouting, has no relevance. Showing percentages for how many killed spell/krosus/bot/tich in comparison to how many killed star augur, would be a valid example. Because they're all real mythic fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Here's the official changes.

I don't understand why Spelllblade needed to be nerfed a third time. Wasn't it only about on par with Krosus/Botanist/Tich in terms of difficulty after the last nerf? You also have to think that nerfs to Elisande and Gul'dan will be coming soon. The fact that only 37 and 12 US guilds have killed those bosses after they are out 2 months is crazy, especially because they are phasing in 7.2, and will probably want to put ToS live in a month or so.
    She shouldn't be on par tho, she should be easier. She's the gatekeeper that lets you access the other bosses, and SHOULD be the logical progression boss after Trilliax, people skipping her to do Krosus or even Tich is just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Totally uncalled for. Star Augur was hard yeah, so?
    The probelm might have been that if you didn't have the right tank on Star, you were screwed. Blizzard does not seem to like that.
    It would probably be better to just balance tanks but, you know.

On the other hand, I'm not sure this nerf will make much of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Comparing kill percentages DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING
    It means everything when the difference is so vast.

What it doesn't tell you is WHY Spellblade is a barrier, it does however tell you by definition that it is.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

What it doesn't tell you is WHY Spellblade is a barrier, it does however tell you by definition that it is.
    But the information it uses to tell you spellblade is a barrier, doesn't matter and is incorrect. You can't look at it in such a vague way.

While your information leads to the correct conclusion, it's not the right information, it isn't accurate or helpful.

YES you are right, Spellblade IS a wall, but NO comparing it to Skorp which is easier than HEROIC fights, does not give accurate information.

You may as well say "Look how many people killed heroic botanist vs how many killed mythic spellblade" It's the SAME thing.

But the information it uses to tell you spellblade is a barrier, doesn't matter and is incorrect. You can't look at it in such a vague way.

While your information leads to the correct conclusion, it's not the right information, it isn't accurate or helpful.

YES you are right, Spellblade IS a wall, but NO comparing it to Skorp which is easier than HEROIC fights, does not give accurate information.

You may as well say "Look how many people killed heroic botanist vs how many killed mythic spellblade" It's the SAME thing.
    schwarzkopf is right in his assessment. This boss has been a wall for many guild and this difficulty would have been fine as boss 7 or 8. not as boss 4

I think people fall into this categories.

Already cleaned mythic: dont care about the nerfs

Have progress passed aluriel: either dont care or are sour that other guilds might kill it.

Are stuck at 3MM: it is a welcome nerf, will help keep progressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    You also have to wonder why none of the Augar nerfs address the fact that you are pretty much better off 1 tanking the fight (at least if you have a Guardian or BM - and screwed if you don't). Solo tank fights have been something they have wanted to crack down on lately - Guarm hotfixes for a recent example, yet no change to this.
    Cause guardians are blizzards god child

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    schwarzkopf is right in his assessment. This boss has been a wall for many guild and this difficulty would have been fine as boss 7 or 8. not as boss 4

I think people fall into this categories.

Already cleaned mythic: dont care about the nerfs

Have progress passed aluriel: either dont care or are sour that other guilds might kill it.

Are stuck at 3MM: it is a welcome nerf, will help keep progressing.
    Can you guys read? His ASSESSMENT is CORRECT. But the way he got to his assessment, is INCORRECT. The end goal is the same, but the route is completely different and inaccurate.

His proof, is not proof, it's just random information with no real meaning or relevance to the topic. But the point he is trying to make is correct.

Deleted
    Pre-nerf - top end YOLO invest-your-life Guilds.

Post-nerf - High end guilds.

Post-Post-nerf - MMO-C people.

This is the only way the can balanced it, so that Mythic is for everyone. There is no way around.

If you didnt see this from miles away, then I don't know...
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-03-22 at 09:01 AM.

Deleted

Not that i agree with him,...
    but you should probably take into account how the 4th boss is either Spellblade OR Krosus here.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Not that i agree with him,...
    but you should probably take into account how the 4th boss is either Spellblade OR Krosus here.
    While true, still not the whole story. Krosus, Spellblade and Botanist are all bosses people go for as the fourth boss. While I get his point to a degree, when you can literally do boss 4-8 in any order, it's a bit harder to make a case as to why Spellblade is a wall, and to compare completion rates. Any of those bosses are logical fourth boss choices, and honestly you could throw Tichondrius in there as well.

The problem is with the instance not being linear and all of the bosses after the third being roughly the same difficulty, it's a lot tougher to nail down what's hard and what's truly the fourth boss. I think the Spellblade nerfs just cement it as the fourth, and if Blizzard could go back they would likely lock the doors to the side areas and just make you do her first.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Totally uncalled for. Star Augur was hard yeah, so?
    kinda have same feeling - i would understand if those nerfs happened 2 months ago but now ? when we are 2-3 weeks away from 7.2 and huge nerfs there - seems kinda strange or its classic blizzard move to shut up whiners like preach/asmongold

Happy to have killed her last save A bit sad to not being able to kill Star Augur though.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    I think the Spellblade Aluriel nerfs are kind of because of where she is in the instance. If Tichondrius/Krosus/Botanist are easier on Mythic than she is... you constantly have to dodge her and/or corpse run for ages. By nerfing Aluriel, it means guilds might be more inclined to just kill her 4th like we're supposed to instead of trying to dance around this powerwalking crazy elf.
    Top tip for anyone wanting to avoid the terrible corpse run if you skip Spellblade:

Place a failure detection pylon and gather round at a wipe. Don't release and have a healer mass ress the raid. Saved us a huge amount of time in-between pulls.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=132515/f...etection-pylon

Deleted
    Comparing kill percentages DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING, when you're comparing a fight that shouldn't be a mythic fight, and is basically a heroic fight, to an actual mythic fight.
    Wut? You are writing that in a thread "Spellblade Aluriel Nerf". Then perhaps you can tell the true reason for the nerfs. Because I believe that Blizz nerfed mythic Aluriel just because of low kill percentages.

Quote Originally Posted by Siniwelho View Post
    Wut? You are writing that in a thread "Spellblade Aluriel Nerf". Then perhaps you can tell the true reason for the nerfs. Because I believe that Blizz nerfed mythic Aluriel just because of low kill percentages.
    Spellblade was nerfed because the fight was too hard, and because there needed to be an easier fight that lead to the 5th, as the difficulty spike was too high. His point was correct, but comparing Mythic skorp to mythic spellblade, is the same as saying "well this many people killed heroic botanist, and only this many have killed mythic spellblade" like what. And spellblade is one of the last mythic bosses of the optional, that people do.

Can you guys read? His ASSESSMENT is CORRECT. But the way he got to his assessment, is INCORRECT. The end goal is the same, but the route is completely different and inaccurate.

His proof, is not proof, it's just random information with no real meaning or relevance to the topic. But the point he is trying to make is correct.
    I am sorry but I disagree. His indicator out of many possible indicators is good enough to determine that something is fishy. I understand from your ALLCAPS that you are passionate and disagree, but I beg to differ. I work in risk assessment, and I can tell you that although his indicator is not perfect the fact that the numbers are massively skewed makes the indicator still... valid. What matters if the how big the discrepancy is and one can be alerted by the fact it is huge.

No need to be annoyed or angry, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion.

/peace.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    I am sorry but I disagree. His indicator out of many possible indicators is good enough to determine that something is fishy. I understand from your ALLCAPS that you are passionate and disagree, but I beg to differ. I work in risk assessment, and I can tell you that although his indicator is not perfect the fact that the numbers are massively skewed makes the indicator still... valid. What matters if the how big the discrepancy is and one can be alerted by the fact it is huge.

No need to be annoyed or angry, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion.

/peace.
    Far from annoyed or angry, just confused as to how people can take information to heart like that, when the information isn't very good.

Yes it shows there's a large difference, but spellblade is nearly no guilds 4th boss. It will be now with the changes, but prior very few guilds went to it. So in reality it's, how many people killed the first boss in comparrison to how many killed the 6th/7th. Which isn't proof of a spike as there are way too many bosses inbetween that.

Far from annoyed or angry, just confused as to how people can take information to heart like that, when the information isn't very good.

Yes it shows there's a large difference, but spellblade is nearly no guilds 4th boss. It will be now with the changes, but prior very few guilds went to it. So in reality it's, how many people killed the first boss in comparrison to how many killed the 6th/7th. Which isn't proof of a spike as there are way too many bosses inbetween that.
    My guild went for alurielle as 4th boss because we didnt have enough players (dps players) to go for krosus. The fact the boss is smack there in the middle, one might think it is one of the next group of bosses to tackle. This group is krosus / alurielle / tich / botanist. I and many others I guess expected a difficulty to go crescendo.

3 easy bosses
    4 medium to hard bosses
    rest hard to real hard bosses.

in the pool of 4 I feel, and I might be wrong, that blizzard made them harder than necessary. They should have lowered the difficulty there. the side issue is that this skewed difficulty progression has cost them many players. I dont know if anyone noticed by many guilds folded and many players quit, yet again.

lack of progress is not a good thing for anyone.

Deleted

He's not comparing it to Skorpyron. He's comparing Skorpyron HC to Skorpyron Mythic and Spellblade HC to Spellblade Mythic. So you're wrong.