Page 61 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I've never heard of a 10 foot cliff being referred to as "difficult content", but I guess if finding ways to run around in circles for 5 to 10 minutes to get up that 10' cliff is your idea of content, than no-flying WoW is definitely the game for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure I know they say that but what tools are being limitied? Is anyone fighting a million mobs on the way to their questing area? Or are they zig-zagging trying not to get tagged, then getting dazed, then trying to stun or slow the thing that dazed them and try to run out of aggro range, then mount back up, then zig-zag again, then get dazed again..then finally get to where you were going in the first place, dismount and complete your quest.

I really don't understand that argument that we aren't flying 'cause they don't want us to skip content. What content exactly would flyers be skipping?
    Anything that has walls or gates. To give you an example, Timbermaw hold in felwood wouldn't be a thing.
    Before you reply keep in kind I don't care about your opinion about Timbermaw hold reputation.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    Why should the game be made into a bland series of linear questing, so that a few weirdos are happy they can fly directly from A to B?
    .......................................................................................... ...........................................
    The system is here to stay, because only weirdos find travelling times in legion unbearable.
    So people who value their time in life much more than you are weirdoes, because they don't wanna spend it running around the shitty Broken Isles terrain? Right.

Look, mate. I have done the content. Before my 2nd toon reached 110 i had 4900 WQ completed on my main. I did the content. Pathfinder, almost ALL WQ the game has to offer. There's no more incentive for me to do it, unless i do it FAST. I'm in the point where i will cherry pick 3-4 WQ apart from my emissary ones and i want to spend the ABSOLUTE MINIMAL time travelling between them. Because i have a life, or another toon to do more than those 4 for gear, rep etc, dungeons, BG, old raids for mog, pet battles (yes, i do all that stuff) etc.

I WANT TO PLAY THE GAME. I don't wanna dodge the content of the game. I DONT WANT TO SPEND MY GAME TIME RIDING, WHISTLING, HEARTHING, LOOKING FOR A HIGH POINT TO GLIDE DOWN etc. I have things to do in game. At this point, travelling in Broken Isles bores me (because i have seen the terrain so many times, it's APPALLING, not alive) and makes me say "fuck that shit, cba to do this WQ and run over there." On both my 110, even if the incentive is bigger on the lowest gear one.

YOU stay here and advocate about hurdles and walls for story telling we have done already and CBA. We want FLYING NOW, because the content of Broken isles is OLD already, over done and over completed. That doesn't make us entitled.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    If you are playing the opinion card then please note that flying supposedly limiting the tools available to developers significantly enough to care is just your opinion.

I would say it's a wrong opinion, but I don't even need to do that, because if your logic is that you don't care about opinions, then your points just self-annihilate immediately.
    No. It's not. It's a fact.
    With flying, walls and gates and any other terrain factor preventing you to get there or Elite mobs aren't part of the equation.
    That is a fact, not an opinion.

Anything that has walls or gates. To give you an example, Timbermaw hold in felwood wouldn't be a thing.
    Before you reply keep in kind I don't care about your opinion about Timbermaw hold reputation.
    I didn't get exalted with Timbermaw till Burning Crusade. Now sure what Timbermaw has to do with my question though.

What content would I be skipping in Broken Isles if I had flight today? (that's my question)
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2017-03-22 at 02:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    So people who value their time in life much more than you are weirdoes, because they don't wanna spend it running around the shitty Broken Isles terrain? Right.

Look, mate. I have done the content. Before my 2nd toon reached 110 i had 4900 WQ completed on my main. I did the content. Pathfinder, almost ALL WQ the game has to offer. There's no more incentive for me to do it, unless i do it FAST. I'm in the point where i will cherry pick 3-4 WQ apart from my emissary ones and i want to spend the ABSOLUTE MINIMAL time travelling between them. Because i have a life, or another toon to do more than those 4 for gear, rep etc, dungeons, BG, old raids for mog, pet battles (yes, i do all that stuff) etc.

I WANT TO PLAY THE GAME. I don't wanna dodge the content of the game. I DONT WANT TO SPEND MY GAME TIME RIDING, WHISTLING, HEARTHING, LOOKING FOR A HIGH POINT TO GLIDE DOWN etc. I have things to do in game. At this point, travelling in Broken Isles bores me (because i have seen the terrain so many times, it's APPALLING, not alive) and makes me say "fuck that shit, cba to do this WQ and run over there." On both my 110, even if the incentive is bigger on the lowest gear one.

YOU stay here and advocate about hurdles and walls for story telling we have done already and CBA. We want FLYING NOW, because the content of Broken isles is OLD already, over done and over completed. That doesn't make us entitled
    If you had 4900 wq done on your main before your alt reached 110 you do not value your time in life. The game should not be adjusted to the requirements of some no lifers.
    "I have a life I want flying so I can get there faster"
    Hilarious. Like... you couldn't make this shit up.

What you WANT eventually is secondary. It's what Blizzard WANTS which is important, and that is for you not to fly till content is relevant.

Yes your post makes you sound entitled, and also spoiled, pretentious, egocentric and overall an insufferable asshole. I really thank you to have dropped this gem in and proved exactly my point.
    You aren't stable and the game shouldn't be adjusted on your weird requirements.
    Last edited by mmocd8deb25f37; 2017-03-22 at 02:25 PM.

With flying, walls and gates and any other terrain factor preventing you to get there or Elite mobs aren't part of the equation.
    Then don't freaking fly, if the very idea is so offensive to you. Stay on the ground with the dazing harpies, misplaced roots and sheer cliffs. No one else is going to mind, but meanwhile the rest of us will actually be enjoying the game more.

Also, Elite mobs? What a joke. World Bosses are pretty much the only thing I can't demolish solo in Nighthold gear. There's no danger in the Broken Isles anymore, just annoyance.

You have to learn to read, I have to quote everything you reply to at least twice.

Flying supposedly limiting the tools available to developers significantly enough to care is just your opinion.

If you insist it's not, go ahead and prove the significance. I am all ears.

What you WANT eventually is secondary. It's what Blizzard WANTS which is important, and that is for you not to fly till content is relevant.

Yes your post makes you sound entitled, and also spoiled, pretentious, egocentric and overall and insufferable asshole. I really thank you to have dropped this gem in and proved exactly my point.
    You aren't stable and the game shouldn't be adjusted on your weird requirements.
    Blizzard wants my money. That's not a bad thing, that's how business works. But to pretend they want anything else is naive.

Blizzard gets my money by offering something I want in exchange. If WoW content is not something I want, I won't give them what they want, so it doesn't behoove Blizzard to make the game unenjoyable to their players.

I also find it interesting that you are trying to shame someone for feeling "entitled" to enjoy something they paid for. Something odd about that.

"You feel entitled to enjoy the thing you paid for??? What a spoiled brat!! Back in my day we paid good money to get whipped and have our food rationed and we were grateful!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Then don't freaking fly, if the very idea is so offensive to you. Stay on the ground with the dazing harpies, misplaced roots and sheer cliffs. No one else is going to mind, but meanwhile the rest of us will actually be enjoying the game more.

Also, Elite mobs? What a joke. World Bosses are pretty much the only thing I can't demolish solo in Nighthold gear. There's no danger in the Broken Isles anymore, just annoyance.
    Misplaced roots. The new frontier of ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

You have to learn to read, I have to quote everything you reply to at least twice.

Flying supposedly limiting the tools available to developers significantly enough to care is just your opinion.

If you insist it's not, go ahead and prove the significance. I am all ears.
    Whether you care or not is not part of the discussion. That is once again, your opinion.
    I don't have to prove the significance, I'm only stating the FACT that flying limits the tools available to delevopers to tell a story.
    I'm not interested in debating opinions. I'm telling you how it is, not my opinion of it.

Misplaced roots. The new frontier of ridiculous.
    Misplaced roots is the hard content of the Pro-Whistle community.

Deleted
    Blizzard wants my money. That's not a bad thing, that's how business works. But to pretend they want anything else is naive.

Blizzard gets my money by offering something I want in exchange. If WoW content is not something I want, I won't give them what they want, so it doesn't behoove Blizzard to make the game unenjoyable to their players.

I also find it interesting that you are trying to shame someone for feeling "entitled" to enjoy something they paid for. Something odd about that.

"You feel entitled to enjoy the thing you paid for??? What a spoiled brat!! Back in my day we paid good money to get whipped and have our food rationed and we were grateful!"
    Unless you know something we don't, numbers are unknown, so your "my money is valuable" point is somewhat useless. Who know how many are affected/not affected/not interested in the debate.
    Wow ultimately needs to create a world for the players, and I'm sorry but YOU are not the players.

I don't have to prove the significance, I'm only stating the FACT that flying limits the tools available to developers to tell a story.
    Alternative fact maybe? So yeah, flying doesn't limit tools used to tell a story. In fact I'm old enough to remember several expansions ago where flying was used specifically as a tool to tell the story, so.....

Whether you care or not is not part of the discussion. That is once again, your opinion.
    I don't have to prove the significance, I'm only stating the FACT that flying limits the tools available to delevopers to tell a story.
    I'm not interested in debating opinions. I'm telling you how it is, not my opinion of it.
    Since you appear to be talking about absolutes (I thought whether the net effect is significant enough matters, but according to you it is not, you are after something else), then flying limiting the tools available to developers to tell a story is not a fact. Flying removes some options and adds others. It is unclear if flying is removing more options to tell a story than it is adding.

You are welcome to your universe of "FACT", if we are talking about "FACT"s, then you don't have them.

Deleted
    Alternative fact maybe? So yeah, flying doesn't limit tools used to tell a story. In fact I'm old enough to remember several expansions ago where flying was used specifically as a tool to tell the story, so.....
    Whatever makes you happy. Mine is a fact, not a debatable opinion.
    But then again I'm arguing with people that mention misplaced roots as a point for anything so anything can happen.

Unless you know something we don't, numbers are unknown, so your "my money is valuable" point is somewhat useless. Who know how many are affected/not affected/not interested in the debate.
    Wow ultimately needs to create a world for the players, and I'm sorry but YOU are not the players.
    I know that not-flying doesn't make as compelling gameplay to me as flying. I couldn't care less what the other players and specifically you find as compelling gameplay. If you like blowing your whistle and dodging roots and tall grass, I got no problem with that. I would never ask Blizzard to take those things out of the game simply because I do not enjoy them.

I know some folks don't value money, so I guess you are in that group. I have never found myself with an abundance of extra money, so I do value my money. Not sure what your point about the value of money was though. /shrug.

Deleted
    Since you appear to be talking about absolutes (I thought whether the net effect is significant enough matters, but according to you it is not, you are after something else), then flying limiting the tools available to developers to tell a story is not a fact. Flying removes some options and adds others. It is unclear if flying is removing more options to tell a story than it is adding.

You are welcome to your universe of "FACT", if we are talking about "FACT"s, then you don't have them.
    Answer this question. Does flying not flatten terrain or removes scenarios like Timbermaw hold?
    The answer is simple. Yes it does.
    Which is why mine is a fact, and yours is an opinion.
    It's ridiculous for me to walk you through simple logic because you weirdos can't keep your creepy flying fetishism away from the reasonable side of your brain.

Whatever makes you happy. Mine is a fact, not a debatable opinion.
    But then again I'm arguing with people that mention misplaced roots as a point for anything so anything can happen.
    Nope. That is not a fact at all. You are completely wrong. Flying doesn't limit tools, it only changes them.

Deleted
    What you WANT eventually is secondary. It's what Blizzard WANTS which is important
    That is only a valid point of view from an Activision-Blizzard shareholder, but for every normal person that has purchased the game and pays for playing it, it is just the other way round.

Deleted
    I know that not-flying doesn't make as compelling gameplay to me as flying. I couldn't care less what the other players and specifically you find as compelling gameplay. If you like blowing your whistle and dodging roots and tall grass, I got no problem with that. I would never ask Blizzard to take those things out of the game simply because I do not enjoy them.

I know some folks don't value money, so I guess you are in that group. I have never found myself with an abundance of extra money, so I do value my money. Not sure what your point about the value of money was though. /shrug.
    What you consider compelling isn't a part of this discussion.

Answer this question. Does flying not flatten terrain or removes scenarios like Timbermaw hold?
    The answer is simple. Yes it does.
    Which is why mine is a fact, and yours is an opinion.
    It's ridiculous for me to walk you through simple logic because you weirdos can't keep your creepy flying fetishism away from the reasonable side of your brain.
    You're really holding on to Timbermaw Hold. Not sure what that has to do with flying though. What's your issue with Timbermaw Hold, you have me curious.