Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    im not a cop but if i see someone shooting at cops as i drive by and i can ill take thier ass out with my car ffs.
    Not too sure on the legality of that but if you want to take that risk go for it. I probably wouldn't do that but who knows how I'd react in such a situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well it's not like you supply police officers with cars so they can run over criminals. I am not against what this officer did but protocol is important!
    I have no idea what protocol states in this situation would be acceptable, however I'd imagine that even if it was broken, the fact he took her down without firing a shot (which have chances of going places they shouldn't and causing collateral damage) and prevented others from getting injured that the punishment should be waived or at least significantly reduced.

Her life became forfeit in this situation the second she opened fire on a police officer who is then authorized to return fire and is trained to shoot to kill... the officer just used a different "deadly weapon" to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Not too sure on the legality of that but if you want to take that risk go for it. I probably wouldn't do that but who knows how I'd react in such a situation.
    There was a story recently about a civilian stopping his car, getting out and shooting and killing a man who was attacking a police officer. No charges are being made against the civilian for his actions.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...r-dead-n706381

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean, I don't know how much more I could emote that that was a tongue-in-cheek comment...
    I'm aware....sarcasm font needs to exist. Was just using it as a springboard to expand on my earlier point.

The suspect sounds like an atypical hoodlum. The officer involved wheel have to talk about it later. Would've been better for all if they just steered clear of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Remember if you are suspected of shooting a cop you no longer have civil rights and can be killed on sight. If a cop kills you, they go on paid leave while they rig the just-us system
    If the cops see you actively shooting at other cops, you're right. You no longer have civil rights and can be killed on sight.

Nice, dont shoot at police officers if you want to stay alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shooter shoots at cop. Cop kills shooter. Seems pretty black and white to me. How the cop neutralized the shooter is entirely irrelevant.