New Artifact Tokens from new Class Hall missions

So there is a new set of Class Hall missions that you've probably all seen start to pop up. They reward new named Artifact tokens e.g. Seal of Bravery (link below). I noticed on the PTR that tokens from the new missions can be applied towards the new artifact weapon traits, but the old tokens cannot.

If I save these new tokens for 7.2, will I be able to apply them to my currently maxed out weapon?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=144272/seal-of-bravery

I noticed on the PTR that tokens from the new missions can be applied towards the new artifact weapon traits, but the old tokens cannot

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    I noticed on the PTR that tokens from the new missions can be applied towards the new artifact weapon traits, but the old tokens cannot
    Right, so the question is...is the usability of the new tokens based on when you obtained it (during 7.1.5), or the token type itself? Blue posts have technically stated that tokens obtained in 7.1.5 will not be able to be applied towards the new traits. Taking the blue posts at face value, the new tokens are vendor trash just like all the other tokens I get.

We can't hoard Artifact Power.
    If the old ones maintain their effect, it will be capped.
    If the new ones are outright replacements, the old ones will lose their effect and so any earned before 7.2 will be vendor trash after.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysho View Post
    Right, so the question is...is the usability of the new tokens based on when you obtained it (during 7.1.5), or the token type itself? Blue posts have technically stated that tokens obtained in 7.1.5 will not be able to be applied towards the new traits. Taking the blue posts at face value, the new tokens are vendor trash just like all the other tokens I get.
    What part of old and new don't you understand? They will not be new if gotten before 7.2 is released. They will be old. You have firsthand experience showing that old tokens will not work. Ergo, can you figure out the rest?

It holds no relevance. The tokens you will receive at AK 26 are around 4x more effective than AK 25, and you really can't farm the tokens from order hall missions to come close to hitting another trait, so why bother?

When you think hoarding a few 60k AP tokens is going to help level your weapon after the patch... LUL

Even if you could, which you can't there is literally no point. They are effectively worthless compared to AK 26 AP rewards, you would need a massive amount of them to even make a dent into another rank.

Thanks for all the valuable insight...even if it was bitter, crotchety, and generally in an unfriendly tone! Some folks just need a Snickers.

Get off my damn lawn!!

just a random question: is it empowering the artifact or getting AK26 the factor that makes the old token useless? given the following szenario:

7.2, day 1: empower-questline done before AK research gives you AK 26, so still at 25.

now you are at 25, and "all token earned with AK25 will not work on empowered artifacts"

or will the quest grand you AK26? i am kinda confused right now. are AK upgrade and empower-quest related or seperate from each other?

you receive ak26 5mins after entering game first time in 7.2