Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    you should speak to the secret service. you seem to have more information than they do.

kudos again for editing your post , even you thought what you was saying was too ridiculous.
    Yeah I looked at the evidence and saw it was premature to say he was homegrown. You're still not addressing the point though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Yeah I looked at the evidence and saw it was premature to say he was homegrown. You're still not addressing the point though.
    actually if you go back to your original post. it was you who avoided the subject and have changed the subject ever since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Thank you for proving my point.
    I said that people are not happy to discover it is a Muslim terrorist, as the other poster claimed, you said I was wrong.

You did not have a point, you were arguing the other posters point, which was bollocks.

Deleted
    Here's violent crime rates in England and Wales.

Maybe they just got bored of reporting it properly in later years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    How do you think the police killed the attacker?
    firearms officer.

all your police need to be armed with a gun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I said that people are not happy to discover it is a Muslim terrorist, as the other poster claimed, you said I was wrong.

You did not have a point, you were arguing the other posters point, which was bollocks.
    My point is they are happy to discover (or """angry""") it's a muslim so that they can further push their narrative that they're all evil and should be genocided/deported or any other great flavor of bigotry.

actually if you go back to your original post. it was you who avoided the subject and have changed the subject ever since.
    I thought the subject was 'people want to feel safe again'. They are, more than ever.

"this has nothing to do with your race/religion/politics/culture. it is a matter of feeling safe." That's what you said right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Maybe they just got bored of reporting it properly in later years.
    The late 80s/early 90s crime spike is a phenomenon in a number of countries. There have been various theories proposed as to why crime shot up, including lead in petrol, nobody is entirely sure why it happened, nor why it subsided.

- - - Updated - - -

My point is they are happy to discover (or """angry""") it's a muslim so that they can further push their narrative that they're all evil and should be genocided/deported or any other great flavor of bigotry.
    "Happy" is not a synonym of "angry". Your thesaurus is broken.

Deleted
    I thought the subject was 'people want to feel safe again'. They are, more than ever.

"this has nothing to do with your race/religion/politics/culture. it is a matter of feeling safe." That's what you said right?
    ye so please tell me how feeling safe is the same as a chart showing violent crime decreasing?

the number of terror attacks has been on a steady increase so it is very basic and misleading to throw up a chart that takes every kind of violent crime and justify it meaning people are safer.

the topic we are discussing is terror attacks here as this is a terror attack. the fear of these attacks has been on a steady increase along with the number of terror related attacks. and terror attacks come in many ways.

the topic is feeling safe. showing a chart does not make people feel safe. heres what the main thing to take away from today is...it is NOT that statistically people are safer than ever. it is 4 people dead. 20 injured 12 with critical injuries.

The Police officer (Bobby), that was killed was a women..

Violence against women..not good

Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    firearms officer.

all your police need to be armed with a gun.
    How would it have helped?

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    because obviously every officer is a sharpshooter and bullets never ever went astray.
    /s

Deleted
    Police should have guns. So should civilians to protect themselves. Everyone should have a gun. If everyone has a gun then there will be no need to use them and thus gun crime would go down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    "Happy" is not a synonym of "angry". Your thesaurus is broken.
    At least you admit your logic is broken.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    So much drama.

Tell us what happens when this "patience " runs out. What are you even saying or suggesting?

Genocide? Mass vigilante violence? Internment camps? If you're going to type out such a melodramatic plea, just come out and say what you mean.
    Truthfully? I have no idea what form it will take. It frightens me a little. If enough people in the West feel their backs are to the wall, and a man like Trump is C-N-C of the US military, things could get really bad, really fast. Something has to be done to prevent this.

Imagine the West in the middle of another severe economic downturn, then add in a massive and perhaps symbolic (symbolic in its choice of target) terrorist attack that takes thousands of lives. With people's patience worn away by many "little cuts" like this incident, things could tip over into a whole new normal. One none of us would like; Left, Right, or Center.

Also, I think the sort of "mass vigilante violence" you mentioned grows increasingly likely each time something like this happens. It's in the interests of non-violent believers of the ideology in question to stand against terrorists.
    Last edited by Berengil; 2017-03-22 at 09:18 PM.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

I don't know, maybe the officer who ran away could of helped their partner who was being stabbed to death?

10+ Year Old Account
    At least you admit your logic is broken.
    You think that "happy" and "angry" synonyms, so your definition of "logic" may not be entirely accurate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    I don't know, maybe the officer who ran away could of helped their partner who was being stabbed to death?
    The Met are trained and equipped to deal with knife crime, so they may not have realised what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Tell me, how does it feel to give the people you fear exactly what they want?
    ISIS does not want people to be afraid.

ISIS ultimately has two equal but contradictory goals. They are okay with either outcome but only one can happen from their pov.

1. They want total world domination.
    2. They want the entire world to turn against them and surround/destroy them, as they believe this will usher in the Islamic End Times.

From their pov it is a win-win situation. If they win the "war" and achieve world domination, then they control the world, nifty. If they lose, then God smites all us unbelievers and they get to be with him in eternal paradise. You should learn about your enemy before speaking about them. They don't really care much about what we think.

ye so please tell me how feeling safe is the same as a chart showing violent crime decreasing?

the number of terror attacks has been on a steady increase so it is very basic and misleading to throw up a chart that takes every kind of violent crime and justify it meaning people are safer.

the topic we are discussing is terror attacks here as this is a terror attack. the fear of these attacks has been on a steady increase along with the number of terror related attacks. and terror attacks come in many ways.

the topic is feeling safe. showing a chart does not make people feel safe. heres what the main thing to take away from today is...it is NOT that statistically people are safer than ever. it is 4 people dead. 20 injured 12 with critical injuries.
    People in the UK are also safer now from terrorism than ever. In the 1970's, 80's and 90's over six hundred civilians were murdered in Britain by Irish terrorists.

"According to the Conflict Archive on the Internet (CAIN), a research project at the University of Ulster,[6] the Provisional IRA was responsible for the deaths of 1,823 people during the Troubles up to 2001. This figure includes 'republican' killings not attributed to any group. It is just under half of the total deaths in the conflict. Of that figure 644 (36%) were civilians."

In the last 20 years Islamic terror has killed 60 people in the UK in 2 incidents. I don't see any steady increase. In fact since the 2005 bombings there's been nothing really except a few badly bungled amateur attempts that came to nothing.

But let's say you're right. What should we do, close immigration to all arab looking people? Expel all Muslims from the country? I mean, 940 people are killed each year in Britain from drunk drivers, maybe we should expel them from the country with their families too.

Deleted
    People in the UK are also safer now from terrorism than ever. In the 1970's, 80's and 90's over six hundred civilians were murdered in Britain by Irish terrorists.

"According to the Conflict Archive on the Internet (CAIN), a research project at the University of Ulster,[6] the Provisional IRA was responsible for the deaths of 1,823 people during the Troubles up to 2001. This figure includes 'republican' killings not attributed to any group. It is just under half of the total deaths in the conflict. Of that figure 644 (36%) were civilians."

In the last 20 years Islamic terror has killed 60 people in the UK in 2 incidents. I don't see any steady increase. In fact since the 2005 bombings there's been nothing really except a few badly bungled amateur attempts that came to nothing.

But let's say you're right. What should we do, close immigration to all arab looking people? Expel all Muslims from the country? I mean, 940 people are killed each year in Britain from drunk drivers, maybe we should expel them from the country with their families too.
    an argument based on opinion is just not something i can get involved in. sorry mate.