Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    For starters I wouldn't lie to one.

But with all that said, by 16 he was already transporting meth across international borders. This is no great loss to society.

For all we know the $1,000,000 payout might be a bargain compared to legal costs once he becomes an adult and progresses into other shit.
    Assuming he was carrying at his own will in the first place...

You know what, still doesn't matter if he was or wasn't. There was still misconduct from law enforcement, one act doesn't not excuse the other. You don't have to have sympathy for the kid, thats not why the family was awarded the money. The courts really don't give a damn.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    No gymnastics needed, just the blatant broad-brushing of your president, WHICH I KNOW YOU DIDN'T VOTE FOR. Also, how is it not the same thing as drug running and coming across the border to work? They are both desperate, and they both will be paid under the table, until they save up enough money to buy a SS number and get a steady paycheck.
    Because I can have empathy for someone sneaking across to pick oranges. If you die smuggling meth then I am going to shrug, laugh, and go on with my life.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    wait you can get liquid meth?

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    "Anything is a dildo if you are brave enough" ~ Abraham Lincoln

But, to answer your question; yes.

Looks like all parties involved were idiots. Must be something in the water. Maybe liquid meth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    I one was interested enough and had 2 min to spare on youtube they might find out more than they ever wanted to know about liquid meth.

Youtube should get its shit together, there are kids on that site.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean, if the judge considered them responsible for his death I would assume the restitution would far surpass 1 million. Incitiment is usually considered an inchoate offense after all so they would not be directly responsible for his death, only indirectly. As for whether there was ill intent or not, I think we could only tell if we could see the evidence (I assume the entire interaction exists on video). If there was intimidation before the event, and no attempt to stop the act, then I would certainly allege ill intent.
    Could be the case, yea. Knowing the state of police in the USA, I also wouldn't be surprised if they actually didn't expect him to be harmed in the process, or thinking that much ahead, but what do I know =P

Sad it ended this way, I guess is all I can truly say. Hopefully the officers involved (and others) will take a lesson from it, at least.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I one was interested enough and had 2 min to spare on youtube they might find out more than they ever wanted to know about liquid meth.

Youtube should get its shit together, there are kids on that site.
    they should not get there shit together if they did that i wouldn't be able to find all the horrors i have on it.

Well in this case the family of the teen are the victims but that is due to the negligence of the teen and the boarder patrol officers.

Both the teen and officers are a fault. The teen for trying to smuggle liquid meth, thinking he could survive multiple sips of it instead of going to jail and the officers asking him to prove it wasn't drugs instead of just doing a drug test on the supposed apple juice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhokzor View Post
    On one hand, you don't drink meth...

On the other hand, you don't "LOL, prove it fgt!" as a government officer...
    this is the best fuckin answer to the situation
    mr pickles

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You are not rewarding the family of a criminal imbecile, you are punishing an agency whose equally moronic officers think that having a suspect eat the evidence is a fabulous way to build a case.
    I assume the idea was that if the kid was trafficing drugs, which he seems to understand given the reaction described, that the kid would refuse to drink from the bottles and would hand them over to the authorities. It's not the fault of the officers that the kid was an idiot and decided to drink the meth. The family of the deceased does not deserve anything. Hell, I would go so far as to say that if his guardians are being given a sum in restitution, then the parents should be charged with either some charge analogous to neglect since we're going to do guilt-by-proxy, as they obviously failed in their roles as guardian in some capacity.
    Last edited by Magical Mudcrab; 2017-03-22 at 09:29 PM.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I want to go on the record and say, If I am carrying meth, I tell the cop it's apple juice and he says drink it to prove it is and I do it and die. That's my fault, don't award my family any money.
    At 16 years of age you do NOT have the capability to defend yourself, And this officer should know that and should be convicted for his crime.

It is ILLEGAL to force minors to defend themself in the court of law and this officer should know that and his failure to comprehend even the most basic laws should have him face serious time in the big house

At least he died doing what he loved, which apparently was drinking liquid meth. Unfortunately, U.S. taxpayers are on the hook for his stupidity.

An idiots commitment to a lie... when drugs are involved. a highly toxic and poisonous drug. Due to its unnatural creation can polute the objects in its immediate surrounding area for years. Yeah... I'll drink this, to prove my lie isnt a lie.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure at 16 I knew drinking meth would kill me.
    I didn't, but people do acquire more information each decade.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

So I take it the days of "drink it or else" are over with?

As a Teen, I knew drinking drugs was bad. It's rather funny how you change your opinion on how responsible teenagers are to fit your narrative.

Teen boy sleeps with teacher - He's old enough to concent!

Teen boy smuggles drugs and asked to drink it to prove they're drugs - He was too young to know!

LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Jail on a drug charge or death, hmmm let me do the math...
    He was just a boy he was going to go to college. He had a scholarship.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    retarded should be counted as suicide given a darwin award and told to fuck off.
    If it was counted as suicide, the officers would be charged with assisting in suicide, and they would be arrested and the government would still be sued. There is no winning scenario for the officials. They literally have 0 legal grounds to fight. If they choose not to settle, they will be paying a very large amount of money.

Mi corazón! Mi corazón...
    Guess I'm just a big softie, but this is really sad

I imagine a fragile, uneducated, probably retarded 16 year old who certainly didn't have many choices in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    At least he died doing what he loved, which apparently was drinking liquid meth. Unfortunately, U.S. taxpayers are on the hook for his stupidity.
    We're not paying for his stupidity. We're paying for the officers' stupidity. What they did is illegal. We are paying to make their mistake right. If they believed the substance to be drugs or anything other than a food, they should have never told him to drink it. They did so knowing that if it wasn't apple juice, he would harm himself. The kid probably didn't know the physiological ramifications for drinking meth and thought that if he could sip some he would survive. The adult officers told him to drink it, under the belief that it would harm him.

What the kid did is wrong, absolutely. But the officials are wrong too. And since the adults were in control of the situation and told him to do something that led to his death, they are responsible for it.