Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    How is this discrimination? If they don't want to date short guys, so what? Everyone has their preference.
    Exactly. I thought this discussion was going to be about how short people are discriminated on the labor market (there might be a case for that when it comes to executive functions, where the signaling effect of height is clearly something that is being favored), but it's clearly about the dating game.

It's an exponent of the excessive PC movement. You can't even decide who you want to date anymore, you have to be inclusive and date a 5ft tranny with 1 leg and skin disorders, or you're a fascist.

I got referred to as "tall" by my partners work mates. I'm not even 6 foot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Hey I was tall when I was in Portugal and Shanghai. I felt like a dwarf in Berlin. It's all relative.
    6'3, I never feel like a dwarf . However, I also don't feel like I'm too tall. Belgian/Dutch men are pretty tall on average.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Considering the average US woman weights 20lbs more than the average swedish woman i´d say society makes him date fat girls. /s
    Society doesnt "make" you to date "average woman". If you want your SO to weight 20lbs less than average - good for you, the thing is that you will have harder time finding one.

It's the case of "oh i'm so desperate for relationship so i'll date whatever lands on my dick first"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Heh, but the common thing is, if a Guy doesn't want to be with a Fatty he's an "asshole"and should "accept them for their inner beauty" or some bullcrap whereas Women not finding Short dudes Attractive is just "taste."

I couldn't really care what people find attractive or not, but it is a common double Standard between the 2. Though Attractiveness is a big part of relationships. So meh. I don't need to worry since I'm bordering on 6'1 but I do feel for short dudes...well until you have to deal with their constant small man syndrome which is just uggh.
    No, he shouldn't, you by default accept narrative of aggressive new wave "feminist" movement, which is bad. If a "Guy" doesn't want to be with a "Fatty" he is not an asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Hey I was tall when I was in Portugal and Shanghai. I felt like a dwarf in Berlin. It's all relative.
    I was the shortest in my school year until I was about 13 Was so messed up I used to pray to be taller
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sure there are far worse twitter feeds than this one out there. The bar set by humanity in the internet is abysmally low.
    Sadly, true. It is especially bad in social networks, because, the way they function, people tend to group up with like-minded individuals, so if someone hates something as irrelevant as low height or, I don't know, short haircut - they will get to talk to a lot of people thinking the same, making them more likely to express their abysmal opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Society do not "make" you to date "average woman". If you want your SO to weight 20lbs less than average - good for you, the thing is that you will have harder time finding one.

It's the case of "oh i'm so desperate for relationship so i'll date whatever lands on my dick first"
    what do you think /s stands for?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    what do you think /s stands for?
    strike tag
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Sadly, true. It is especially bad in social networks, because, the way they function, people tend to group up with like-minded individuals, so if someone hates something as irrelevant as low height or, I don't know, short haircut - they will get to talk to a lot of people thinking the same, making them more likely to express their abysmal opinions.
    What makes their opinion on height or haircut more deplorable than yours?

I don't like unnatural hair colors and ripped jeans, yet I don't see how this makes me a pathetic or abysmal individual. Different people like different things, and there are people who dislike characteristics that represent you. Deal with it.
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 2017-03-23 at 10:31 AM.

Deleted
    lol, allmost all those tweets are from black woman, why care? get a good white/asian girl, they are way beter

Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    Exactly. I thought this discussion was going to be about how short people are discriminated on the labor market (there might be a case for that when it comes to executive functions, where the signaling effect of height is clearly something that is being favored), but it's clearly about the dating game.

It's an exponent of the excessive PC movement. You can't even decide who you want to date anymore, you have to be inclusive and date a 5ft tranny with 1 leg and skin disorders, or you're a fascist.
    When it comes to the labor market though, it's hard to distinguish between these two things

1 - Taller people appear more impressive and authoritative to interviewers, a bias which allows them to get higher salaries undeservedly
    2 - Taller people appear more impressive and authoritative to employees, a useful quality on the job which justifies a higher salary

I suppose that the same distinction applies to dating as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    When it comes to the labor market though, it's hard to distinguish between these two things

1 - Taller people appear more impressive and authoritative to interviewers, a bias which allows them to get higher salaries undeservedly
    2 - Taller people appear more impressive and authoritative to employees, a useful quality on the job which justifies a higher salary

I suppose that the same distinction applies to dating as well.
    That sounds like made up thing, you can flip these statements and they will still be true.

Thank god im right in the middle 6 feet 1. Just tall enough to not be a manlet and just short enough to avoid neck strain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    What makes their opinion on height or haircut more deplorable than yours?

I don't like unnatural hair colors and ripped jeans, yet I don't see how this makes me a pathetic or abysmal individual. Different people like different things, and there are people who dislike characteristics that represent you. Deal with it.
    Opinions are fine. This - https://twitter.com/Jgant93/status/530990917986316288 - is crap, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Opinions are fine. This - https://twitter.com/Jgant93/status/530990917986316288 - is crap, however.
    That one isn't even too bad compared to certain other ones("lol short guys should kill themselves")
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    No, he shouldn't, you by default accept narrative of aggressive new wave "feminist" movement, which is bad. If a "Guy" doesn't want to be with a "Fatty" he is not an asshole.
    Wat. I was saying that thinking is Bullcrap. Not accepting it. Even before the whole "new wave Feminism" it used to happen around me. Girl would like Guy, Girl's Friend would ask Guy why they didn't want to be with Girl, Guy told them he wasn't attracted to her because she was Overweight, Girls friends instantly start going apeshit because shes "an amazing person you can't judge her entirely on her weight, just an asshole" etc etc.

It's not a new thing.

1) This is not about rejection, I'm used to it and I can handle it. I just gave some extra argument points and info about myself to add to the post.

2) Yes, that tweet compilation is only over the span of like 2 years, maybe the guy that owns the account finally took the advice of many and killed himself. The tweets didn't stop they're still going strong, the person just stopped gathering them.

It seems like some of you are not reading the tweets let me post a couple:

a) "I've got an issue with short guys, if your 5'8 or less please kill yourself!!"
    b) "Why do short men exist...such a waste of natural resources"
    c) "Cute guys are a waste of life and space tbh"
    d) "Short guys make me so sad what a waste of sperm"
    e) "Short guys don't get it, you're a waste"
    f) "If you are ugly you can get plastic surgery. if you are fat you can workout. But short guys should just kill themselves."
    g) "short guys should go and kill themselves or something"
    h) "Ugly, short men kill yourselves! Or at least stop making comments to me "
    i) "I yelled "nobody likes short guys" right in front of a midget. How's your day going?"
    j) "I hate short guys so much"
    k) "Short guys are all gross hahahah fucking minions !"
    l) "It's Funny When Short Dudes Have The Confidence To Try To Talk To Me In Person "
    m) "There's too many short guys in this world"
    n) "Short guys are not evolutionarily fit for this world so they shouldn't exist"
    o) "It's annoying for me when short guys are attractive"

Now replace "short guys" with "black people" or "brown people" or "asians" and replace "midget" with the offensive label for those groups. I can't even type those out because I'm not racist one bit, but damn those sentences would sound discriminatory and straight up hate crime (verbal at least).

I don't want to make this about me. Those comments are aimed at HALF of the ENTIRE population of guys/men in America/World, since by definition half of the male population is below average height. If you are under 5'9" trust me you're in this category (even if you don't care or consider yourself "short", read those tweets as aimed directly at you).
    Last edited by Concerned Gnome; 2017-03-23 at 12:51 PM.

Obviously it could just be evopsych mumbojumbo, but I think there's something to the idea that the level of investment required from women in pregnancy and child-rearing relates to a strong, innate feeling of disgust at the idea of having sex with a man who they don't find appealing. Of course that's not fair, but oh well. It mostly doesn't matter most of the time anyway.

Meh, attraction is not discrimination. And while someone made a good point that these particular tweets would result in a shitstorm if someone made similar remarks about skin color and other things that are protected by the inconsistent mess that is PC culture, I still wouldn't call it discrimination in either situation. "Heightism", sure. But not discrimination.

Much more problematic issue is how CEOs are disproportionally tall people. Tall people also statistically earn more (there was even a somewhat specific amount each additional inch gives you but I can't remember what it was). I even recall something about hiring practices being affected by it. And these can potentially be properly discriminatory.

Back to these women though, as reprehensible as they are, I can't help but chuckle at their nonsense. There's the glaring double standard of them losing their shit when someone comments on their weight in the same tone. And then there's the silly specific height thresholds. OK, I can understand 6 feet threshold, because hey, round number. But anything other than that? Bitch please, you don't have a ruler in your eyes. If the height difference between you and the guy is not negligible (where you can estimate his height based on your own), chances are you'll overestimate his height if you were to guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuckatron5000 View Post
    I'm disappointed to see this coming from you since you're normally quite pleasant.
    All of my wat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I guarantee you, if you were a fat girl in the dating scene you'd experience plenty of harsh rejections. People reject other people who they aren't attracted to, and it feels shitty.
    It's only rejection if you initiate the contact. And it's something that even women in general are still not exactly engaging in particularly large numbers. Now make it women who can be shy because of their low attractiveness, insecure about it, may lack confidence or simply know their chances are low. You know, like fat women. How often do you fat women out of all people initiating, for them to not only experience rejections, but harsh rejections specifically and plenty of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Yikes.

There's a lot of people saying "Why is this surprising? People have their own preferences for what they're attracted to" etc.

That's all well and good but come the fuck on. "Short guys should just kill themselves" is not about being attracted or not - that's just being an awful human being. Replace "short guys" with almost any other demographic you can think of and see if it's still hilarious. I am actually a bit shocked at how much hate there is for something so unimportant.
    I mean, I don't disagree with your general point, but awful humans beings being a thing isn't that surprising either. We've had people championing the idea of killing all men, period and to this day these are the staple of second wave feminism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Do you seriously care what those hags think? Look at them, you'd have to be fuckin desperate to hit on that trash. I bet they never get hit on in the first place, and even if they do men just run away as soon as she opens her filthy mouth.