10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Is there a repair function? I'd try let it run over it if possible.
    There is indeed a repair option. I ran it after deleting my .cfg that removed the motion blur. Turns out the stuttering is too bad for me to bare, so back to motion blur I go. That being said, now that I'm off Eos I don't notice it half as much anyway.

My .cfg contained some console commands:

Code:
    WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
    which I found with a quick google for "how do I turn off motion blur in Andromeda?"

Others in this Reddit thread are reporting the same i ssue, although most have not messed around with the console at all. And the weird thing is that it ONLY happens after loading screens, and even then fairly infrequently. This is the fourth time it's happened in two days of playing.

Something's fucky, and EA's forums are overloaded, I can't even sign in to post a thread. I couldn't find any threads on this issue.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    So.... I just had my first run in with Foster "My Face is Tired" Addison.

HO-LY SHIIIIIIIIIIIT.

I don't think a videogame character has managed to get into my shit list THIS quickly, and this is from someone who fucking hates the living guts out of Garrosh and Jaina.

Holy mother of god. Where do I even begin? Not only is she creepy as fuck with the worst face in the whole game, her acting is wooden as shit too. Those two are more than enough reason to dislike her alright. But noooo she just had to add on top of it by being a condescending asshole, who refuses to show respect to anything or anyone just for shits and giggles, spouts faux-poetry in a shallow attempt to sound deep, and then has the nerve of being a fucking grammar nazi.

Jesus christ, where they seriously trying to make us hate her guts? I swear to God almighty, if there's a way to have her killed, she WILL die in my game.

I speak no hyperbole whatsoever when I say she manages to make Sera from Inquisition seem almost like an adorable sweetheart. Which, if you think about it, is actually kind of impressive.

Holy fucking shit............

- - - Updated - - -

I've also had a really funny moment, at one point I stumbled upon an information terminal on the nexus, and decided to pull up information records about myself.

This happened:

(In a very cheerful tone) Terminal: Sara Ryder, Rank status: Pathfinder. Salary Code: 19B. Current Supervisor: Director Tann. Based on current staffing needs, you will qualify for paid vacation time in..... 589 days

(In a completely shocked and outraged tone) Sara: SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!??!

Massive props to Fryda Wolff for her performance so far. I've truly enjoyed what she's done with Ryder. She had a few moments here and there where she delivered some flat lines (Such as when she awakes after the fiasco in Habitat 7), but overall, she's done a fantastic job so far for me. She also reminds me SO MUCH of the voice actress of Korra in "The Legend of Korra". So much in fact, that I was very tempted to base my Ryder off of Korra, and even name her Korra. Too bad the limited Character Creator denied me my wish.
    Agreed on both counts. Addison is a female Udina, times ten. Easily one of the most unlikable NPCs Bioware has ever done, and that's saying something.

And I loved Male Ryder's tone of voice when that line got thrown at him too. I like his delivery in general, he's expressive but not overly so, and unlike Shepard choosing options belonging to different tones doesn't make him appear schizophrenic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if upon starting a new game you get to change the appearance or gender of your Ryder?
    [/url]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Does anyone know if upon starting a new game you get to change the appearance or gender of your Ryder?
    I think I remember reading that in new-game plus you can switch siblings, I don't remember if they said you can customize them though.

You mean New Game+? You'd have to ask someone who's finished the game. So far I've only seen one person in this thread who said they finished it.

I'd guess you can, I mean if they allow you to play as the other twin in a new game plus, I see no reason why reconfiguring appearances would be off the table.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

You can re-customize your Ryder if you do a New Game+, if that's what you mean. Including gender change.

10+ Year Old Account
    got to play it and im having a blast. only run into a couple bugs so far. like on habitat 7 some enemy glitched its way into a wall and i couldnt kill it and it could still shoot me.
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Finally unlocked profiles, and HO-LY-SHIIIIIIIT.......... Vanguards are even more amazing than I thought. Their bonuses are incredible. Biotic Force, Cooldown reduction, Enhanced shields, reduced cooldown for shield regen, you use your biotics to jump and dodge instead of the jetpack, and melee hits reload your shield

Combine that, with Charge, and the passive shotgun perk that makes it so that shotgun blasts increase melee damage, and melee hits increase shotgun damage, and well...... lets just say that once I get access to some of the more advanced melee weapons like the Asari Sword, I'm not going back. Shotgun in one hand, sword in another, and let'er rip!!!!!!!

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Asari sword is a bit clunky. Krogan hammer is more fluid.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    You can re-customize your Ryder if you do a New Game+, if that's what you mean. Including gender change.
    That's exactly what I was asking. Thanks for confirming!
    [/url]

Finally took a peek out of the multiplayer (still don't wanna play a match, game still has to download the last 35% and that means my internet speed is atrocious.) and I'm kinda sad that there are so few races to choose from in the character roster. Granted, I understand completely WHY there are so few races (Human, Salarian, Turian, Asari, Krogan, Angaran, that's it) but it doesn't make it any less sad considering just how overwhelmingly VAST was the selection variety in ME3s multiplayer. You had humans, asari, salarians, turians, krogan, drell, volus, quarians, geth, collectors, ex-cerberus, Batarian, Vorcha, etc. Pretty much the only sapient races that weren't available were the Hanar and Elcor.

To be fair, the extremely limited selection of races is owed not only due to lore reasons, but also because the game has just launched. When ME3 and Inquisition were both freshly released, they too had a limited selection of characters as well, and then more and more were added via the free DLC. So its only natural that more will find their way into Andromeda as time goes on.

I just hope they find some story reason to bring more playable races into the fore as they add more characters later down the line.

Also yaaaaay I opened one of the complimentary crates (they give you one if you have ME3 and/or Inquisition in the same Origin account. One for each game) and got a Krogan Vanguard =D

Can't wait to put him to work once the game finishes downloading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone is blasting through the game so fast... I still haven't even landed anywhere beside Nexus, I like to take my time to explore, to enjoy the scenery, to read the codex, to think over what an NPC just said and connect it to what else I know about the story so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Everyone is blasting through the game so fast... I still haven't even landed anywhere beside Nexus, I like to take my time to explore, to enjoy the scenery, to read the codex, to think over what an NPC just said and connect it to what else I know about the story so far...
    I'm not blasting through it (well, not metaphorically. I AM playing a Vanguard, so the literal application of the word still works for me :P). I'm currently at 5 hours into the game, and I am still in the nexus. By the time I finished Habitat 7, I had played 3 and a half hours. And then spent another hour and a half on the nexus, before I FINALLY decided to depart to the Tempest.

I'm a very meticulous and methodic player, I refuse to advance down the critical path until I'm absolutely sure I've done everything else there is to do. Until I've talked to everyone, explored every conversation option, searched every nook and cranny, opened every loot crate, read every codex entry, and essentially go over every explorable surface with a fine toothbrush. Its the reason why I ended up finishing the campaign of Fallout 4 around the 120 hour mark.

Unfortunately, this is where my fun ends. Game download is still unfinished, currently at 62%, and when I tried to take the elevator to the Tempest, I got a pop-up message saying that to play the rest of the game, I need to wait for the entire rest of it to finish downloading altogether.

So now that I had a small taste of what the game's like, not only I'm left hungry (STARVING) for more, I can't have any more until maybe friday afternoon.

FML

X_X

I could try the multiplayer to pass the time, but my internet speed is already shitty by default. Trying to play a mutliplayer match while a multi-gigabyte download is in the background is just asking for trouble. I guess I'll have to just hold it in for the next day or two.

I'm not blasting through it (well, not metaphorically. I AM playing a Vanguard, so the literal application of the word still works for me :P). I'm currently at 5 hours into the game, and I am still in the nexus. By the time I finished Habitat 7, I had played 3 and a half hours. And then spent another hour and a half on the nexus, before I FINALLY decided to depart to the Tempest.

I'm a very meticulous and methodic player, I refuse to advance down the critical path until I'm absolutely sure I've done everything else there is to do. Until I've talked to everyone, explored every conversation option, searched every nook and cranny, opened every loot crate, read every codex entry, and essentially go over every explorable surface with a fine toothbrush. Its the reason why I ended up finishing the campaign of Fallout 4 around the 120 hour mark.

Unfortunately, this is where my fun ends. Game download is still unfinished, currently at 62%, and when I tried to take the elevator to the Tempest, I got a pop-up message saying that to play the rest of the game, I need to wait for the entire rest of it to finish downloading altogether.

So now that I had a small taste of what the game's like, not only I'm left hungry (STARVING) for more, I can't have any more until maybe friday afternoon.

FML

X_X

I could try the multiplayer to pass the time, but my internet speed is already shitty by default. Trying to play a mutliplayer match while a multi-gigabyte download is in the background is just asking for trouble. I guess I'll have to just hold it in for the next day or two.
    Wow, I've not experienced that kind of slow internet since maybe 15 years ago. I really do feel bad for you

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm definitely not doing this. I've had MEA for days and I'm really trying to explore and find stuff rather than just blaze through the game. I'm still sad that I finished Horizon relatively fast (god that game is amazing) so I'm trying to 'savor' Andromeda.

- - - Updated - - -

You have my condolences.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I'm reading every datapad, listening to every recording and actualy did what side quests I could on the Nexus before even getting onto my ship. (and scanning. must. scan. everything. i don't even know why, but there's just something appealing about walking with a scanner active, at least for me)

blasting through probably just means more time to play for a fair number of us.

I'm also probably one of the few people who is NOT enjoying the combat. at all. I basically switched to narrative difficulty, while still on habitat 7. maybe it gets better? i don't know. all I'm seeing is that all the issues that I typically have with third person shooters? are tenfold with Andromeda. i AM enjoying all the details and callbacks to original trilogy - seriously journals and emails you come across almost remind me of Naughty Dog's subplots.

P.S. believe it or not, internet issues happen in US as well. friend of mine is stuck with satellite and 30gig monthly limit. yes, you read that right. I actualy feel lucky that we even have cable connection here. outside of major cities it can get pretty dicey in good old USofA
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2017-03-23 at 09:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always found myself pouring through the codex and even loading previous saves to re-converse with the same person just to hear a one-time conversation again, but something about Andromeda isn't the same.

Maybe it's that I just don't have any investment in these characters yet (or ever, possibly, although as usual I'm into the aliens more than the humans), and I know that part of it has to do with how unexpressive everyone is. They say Angara speak more through their body language than they do their voices, but all I see are crossed arms and tilted heads. NPCs talk to each other in group conversations I start, but seemingly ignore one another and stare Ryder down; Or try to, since I held E behind them and they decided they didn't want to even move before trying and failing to make eye contact. Weird decisions man.

The stilted conversation camera angles and just plain amateur animations are really impacting my ability to put myself in Ryder's shoes mid-conversation in a way I didn't feel with Shepard. Every time I talk to someone I'm drawn to their strangely buoyant and bouncy cheeks or their chiseled-from-rock-and-therefore-unmovable eyebrows. It has really spoiled the interactions for me.

Once I'm done Andromeda I'm going to spin up the original trilogy again and see if it's just an Andromeda thing, if it's a "it's 2017 and we've all played better looking games" thing, or if it's just as bad as it seems to be here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I'm reading every datapad, listening to every recording and actualy did what side quests I could on the Nexus before even getting onto my ship. (and scanning. must. scan. everything. i don't even know why, but there's just something appealing about walking with a scanner active, at least for me)

I'm also probably one of the few people who is NOT enjoying the combat. at all. I basically switched to narrative difficulty, while still on habitat 7. maybe it gets better? i don't know. all I'm seeing is that all the issues that I typically have with third person shooters? are tenfold with Andromeda. i AM enjoying all the details and callbacks to original trilogy - seriously journals and emails you come across almost remind me of Naughty Dog's subplots.

P.S. believe it or not, internet issues happen in US as well. friend of mine is stuck with satellite and 30gig monthly limit. yes, you read that right. I actualy feel lucky that we even have cable connection here. outside of major cities it can get pretty dicey in good old USofA
    What are the problems you're having?
    [/url]

10+ Year Old Account
    Aw, I really dislike it how they visualized a black hole... First of all, real black holes aren't seen as black, they are seen as incredibly bright, because of all the gas rotating around them. Second, a real black hole of this size (it seems to be, what, a few light years in diameter, at least?) would suck the whole galaxy into it; black holes of such size, as far as we know, do not exist in the observable Universe. But the way they displayed it, it looks really impressive, even if unscientific.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm definitely not doing this. I've had MEA for days and I'm really trying to explore and find stuff rather than just blaze through the game. I'm still sad that I finished Horizon relatively fast (god that game is amazing) so I'm trying to 'savor' Andromeda.

I play similarly, but, probably, much slower. Haven't played Fallout 4 yet (next on my list after Andromeda), but in New Vegas Steam showed 150 hours played in the end, and in Skyrim it is at 170 hours now and I've only done 50% content, at best. With Mass Effect games especially, I tend to be sluggish, because of my obsession with sci-fi, with Mass Effect, with enjoying sceneries... And given how much there is to scan, I probably won't done with the game until the summer!

I'm also probably one of the few people who is NOT enjoying the combat. at all. I basically switched to narrative difficulty, while still on habitat 7. maybe it gets better? i don't know. all I'm seeing is that all the issues that I typically have with third person shooters? are tenfold with Andromeda.
    Andromeda combat feels very much like Mass Effect 3 combat to me, just more action-packed. I enjoy it a lot, but it doesn't feel that hard to me. Granted, I've only fought on Habitat 7 yet, so I shouldn't make such judgment... And objectively the combat feels harder than, say, in the first two introductory missions in ME3... But somehow I only died once, and that was because I was still figuring stuff out and trying to get used to the cover system.

After 1500+ hours spent in the previous 3 games + ME3 multiplayer, I doubt Andromeda can throw anything at me that will make me struggle on Insanity. But it is very welcome to try!

I always found myself pouring through the codex and even loading previous saves to re-converse with the same person just to hear a one-time conversation again, but something about Andromeda isn't the same.

Maybe it's that I just don't have any investment in these characters yet (or ever, possibly, although as usual I'm into the aliens more than the humans), and I know that part of it has to do with how unexpressive everyone is. They say Angara speak more through their body language than they do their voices, but all I see are crossed arms and tilted heads. NPCs talk to each other in group conversations I start, but seemingly ignore one another and stare Ryder down; Or try to, since I held E behind them and they decided they didn't want to even move before trying and failing to make eye contact. Weird decisions man.

The stilted conversation camera angles and just plain amateur animations are really impacting my ability to put myself in Ryder's shoes mid-conversation in a way I didn't feel with Shepard. Every time I talk to someone I'm drawn to their strangely buoyant and bouncy cheeks or their chiseled-from-rock-and-therefore-unmovable eyebrows. It has really spoiled the interactions for me.

Once I'm done Andromeda I'm going to spin up the original trilogy again and see if it's just an Andromeda thing, if it's a "it's 2017 and we've all played better looking games" thing, or if it's just as bad as it seems to be here.
    I don't know, to me all the new characters and conversations are just as interesting as before. The reason they feel a bit different to some, probably, is because, first, everything happens in another galaxy and we don't meet any characters we've known from the past games, and second, this is our first playthrough, and we don't have as much emotional investment in these characters yet. To me, the game feels very much like the previous Mass Effect games character/dialogue-wise. All the companions are awesome, all the non-companion characters are memorable. Most of us probably hate Addison with passion - meaning the devs achieved their goal.

The only thing I can relate to is the camera angles: just like in Inquisition, for some reason they went away with cinematic conversations with many secondary characters, and we are seeing everything from Ryder's shoulder perspective. I've never understood this design change. The parts (which are the vast majority of them) where the camera is actually dynamic feel very much like conversations from previous ME games.
    Last edited by May90; 2017-03-23 at 10:11 AM.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

I'm not liking the options in the First Murderer in Andromeda quest..
    Why is the only option to throw him out into the wasteland or release him? In what justice system do you only have 2 options? Garbage, throw him back into stasis, but attempted murder is not actual murder, especially given the circumstances here. He deserves punishment though, that much is clear. Community service is not exactly what I had in mind.. he didn't spray a toilet stall with grafity..
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-03-23 at 10:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I don't quite understand the class system... I thought, when I unlock a new class, I would be able to assign all skills in it from scratch. But now, it turns out, you can have only one set of skills, and you simply decide which 3 of them you want for every loadout? I was thinking of getting Vanguard as a secondary class, which would compensate for Infiltrator's weakness in short range combat - but if I have to also level Biotic skills to make Vanguard's powers manifest, then it doesn't seem that effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'm not liking the options in the First Murderer in Andromeda quest..
    Why is the only option to throw him out into the wasteland or release him? In what justice system do you only have 2 options? Garbage, throw him back into stasis, but attempted murder is not actual murder, especially given the circumstances here. He deserves punishment though, that much is clear. Community service is not exactly what I had in mind.. he didn't spray a toilet stall with grafity..
    You reminded me of Samara's loyalty quest. Kill Samara, or kill Morinth... I wanted to do neither. :/ I wanted to lock Morinth up and try to help her change, but nope, one of them just had to die!