Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    It is a matter of religion, whether you want to make it one or not.
    Yeah I know that. You're not quite getting the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    I'm talking about priorities. Islamic extremism is a problem but the media feed this anti muslim rhetoric to obfuscate away from the issues that truly do affect us as a species rather than tragic but isolated incidents. When the IRA were bombing England every year during the 80s and 90s we didn't suddenly have this anti christian sentiment printed across every newspaper.
    British politicians, going back to Thatcher, have been talking about climate change as a major issue facing the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Pg13 graphic. Enough wounding to make some people who don't like blood uncomfortable.
    As an aside... I have a friend who faints at the sight of blood.

He thought joining us at the movies to see Kill Bill should be fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    So were the IRA bombings in the 80s and 90s purely religious?
    No, many of them were Marxists, such as the recently deceased Martin McGuinness, not religiously motivated. Some were Catholic, some Protestant. The IRA is/was a nationalist movement, not a religious one.

British politicians, going back to Thatcher, have been talking about climate change as a major issue facing the world.
    What I find baffling is this. We have these right wing politicians like Trump claiming only he can deal with islamic extremism in his way. Newspapers like The Sun fuels the sentiment and exaggerate the problem, as like I said terrorism has affected under 20 people since 2010.

Now i'm not saying that doesn't make it a problem to address but Trump on the one hand is going to make the western world safer by dealing with islam then at the same time pulling the US out of climate treaties etc and threatening our entire way of life to support the coal/oil companies. Again these are part of the reason we now have to deal with islamic extremism but everyone eats it up anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Do you guys have hard labor chain gang prisons in the UK?
    I doubt they do, but it's not necessary either. It has been established that certain classes of convicts (like child molesters and traitors) have to be kept separately for their own protection as the "honest" crooks can't stand them. Now anyone on a killing spree is Central London has a fairly good shot at the same treatment, I should think.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I find baffling is this. We have these right wing politicians like Trump claiming only he can deal with islamic extremism in his way. Newspapers like The Sun fuels the sentiment and exaggerate the problem, as like I said terrorism has affected under 20 people since 2010.

I'm not saying that doesn't make it a problem to address but Trump on the one hand is going to make the western world safer by dealing with islam then at the same time pulling the US out of climate treaties etc and threatening our entire way of life to support the coal/oil companies. Again these are part of the reason we now have to deal with islamic extremism but everyone eats it up anyway.
    I do not give a shit about Trump. Trump has killed zero British people and has not mown down people on a bridge in London, nor exploded bombs on our public transport network.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    One day people in the UK and Europe will wake up, but not sure enough innocents have been slaughtered just yet. Here's a guy that gets it, filmed minutes after the attack.

extremists condemning extremists... guess they'll give anyone a camera these days.
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-03-23 at 12:04 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    I will be frank. Every-time an attack like this happens I am more and more glad that there are almost no culturally alien immigrants in my country and that politicians here are almost united (well baring few green nut-cases) in being determined to keep it this way.
    Well, you are lucky geographically. In the time it takes to reach you they can reach Germoney.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Please connect the dots.
    For a lunatic, it is a single, simple, one-dimensional DOT. Nothing more.
    Terrorism is like boiling water. At first, there is one or two bubbles here and there. Nothing to worry about, right? Then more and more get to the surface and bang your clear water surface becomes a rough, constantly changing, nervous something.

We have to turn off the heat now, while we can.
    Seeing as gun violence in the US kills several thousand percent more people each year than terrorism does, I think we need to turn off that heat just as well.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Seeing as gun violence in the US kills several thousand percent more people each year than terrorism does, I think we need to turn off that heat just as well.
    Same with automobiles. They both are on equal terms when it comes to the involvement of death's here in the States.

I do not give a shit about Trump. Trump has killed zero British people and has not mown down people on a bridge in London, nor exploded bombs on our public transport network.
    I know its easier and simpler to get mad at this but I was trying to give you some wider context. I would also disagree this is purely about religion. Like it was with the IRA religion is a justification, the political instability in the middle east is the main driver behind islamic terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    If they are british where do you deport them too? The isle of wight?
    Rockall, maybe?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Same with automobiles. They both are on equal terms when it comes to the involvement of death's here in the States.
    True, but that's another discussion. The point I was trying to make was how the far right people are gonna go fucking bananas over this just because a muslim did it, but when people are shot every day by white people with no special agenda, that earns a casual shrug.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know its easier and simpler to get mad at this but I was trying to give you some wider context. I would also disagree this is purely about religion. Like it was with the IRA religion is a justification, the political instability in the middle east is the main driver behind islamic terrorism.
    When people are committing terrorism in the name of Islam, then it is about religion. The IRA comparison fails, as evidenced by some of their senior members not being religious and them not fighting for the Papacy.

And once more, how do Pakistanis and Jamaican Muslims relate to the Middle East? Neither Jamaica nor Pakistan are in the Middle East, the only way it makes sense for them to be involved is if it is about...drumroll...religion.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Your a Britain First supporter? Or is that particular moron EDL?
    Tommy Robinson? He founded and formerly lead EDL, supposedly left after he thought his movement was using violence to further it's aims.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    True, but that's another discussion. The point I was trying to make was how the far right people are gonna go fucking bananas over this just because a muslim did it, but when people are shot every day by white people with no special agenda, that earns a casual shrug.
    I understand. But the same thing happens with the far left when a person dies from gun violence, they go bananas over it, yet they do not say much when a family in a car are killed in a crash. There is hypocrisy on both sides. The issue is not what race/nationality a person is or what item they used, but the person's motives. In this case he used a knife, which I understand in Britain, like in the US, have some strict laws on the carry of knives. Here in Ohio, they are stricter on knife laws than they are on guns. :P