Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    When I stated "Part of Turkey is in Europe, part of it is in Asia" you claim that is false?
    As I stated before, it really is a shame for a people that claim to be so "progressive and inclusive" to be so biased towards someone else that is different than them.
    Its like your not even following what Turkey is doing lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he only cares about winning his referendum, everything else is just a side interest.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I stated "Part of Turkey is in Europe, part of it is in Asia" you claim that is false?
    As I stated before, it really is a shame for a people that claim to be so "progressive and inclusive" to be so biased towards someone else that is different than them.
    Let me repeat that for you:

And they're really not European in any meaningful sense (Culture, race, politics, etc.).
    Now, would you mind pointing me to where I contested your claim about geography?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    His more recent statements in the last two weeks fall squarely within what /pol is terrified of. It makes me wonder if he is trying to manipulate them in some way.
    Why would right-wingers heed the words of someone who's obviously an Islamic supremacist? He's trying to manipulate Muslims in Europe -- along with their left-wing buddies who, like human versions of Pavlov's dog, always rush to defend anything that represents the complete opposite of Western values if only the source is exotic enough.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    I think in his latest statement he said that "you won't be safe walking on the streets".

A big, gigantic wall on the Turkish border seems more necessary than one on the US-Mexican at this point.
    Unfortunately jerks like Hollande and Merkel seem to be more interested in isolating Britain than about keeping the true threat to humanity out of Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Why would right-wingers heed the words of someone who's obviously an Islamic supremacist? He's trying to manipulate Muslims in Europe -- along with their left-wing buddies who, like human versions of Pavlov's dog, always rush to defend anything that represents the complete opposite of Western values if only the source is exotic enough.
    The left wing parties are defending Erdogan, a far rigth winger, where do you get this shit?

Unfortunately jerks like Hollande and Merkel seem to be more interested in isolating Britain than about keeping the true threat to humanity out of Europe.
    No really, where do you get this? What do you smoke?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post

Sorry guy with knight avatar

The pavlov here is "future of Europe is the turks!" "have 5 kids"

Let's hear some of those "requirements".

- - - Updated - - -

One could even say the EU is being a "bigot" then toward certain countries. Couldn't they?

- - - Updated - - -

Tsk tsk tsk... I thought the EU was about inclusiveness.
    Isn't that what the progressive left is all about?
    Yes it is...but its still has rules. And the base rule is, freedom...something turkey is lacking right now. But funny you side step that. So we should just invite everyone in europa....isis???, russia???...

If you invite someone in "your" "club" you make sure they follow the rules you and all the club members have set out for the club. And if a member that wants to join does the complete opposite from what the clubs stands for its normal that they will not get a invite.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Let me repeat that for you:

Now, would you mind pointing me to where I contested your claim about geography?
    You specifically stated "no it's really not" in post #61. I can quote it for you if you like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Yes it is...but its still has rules. And the base rule is, freedom...something turkey is lacking right now. But funny you side step that. So we should just invite everyone in europa....isis???, russia???...

If you invite someone in "your" "club" you make sure they follow the rules you and all the club members have set out for the club. And if a member that wants to join does the complete opposite from what the clubs stands for its normal that they will not get a invite.
    Russia isn't part of Europe no more than Turkey is(both partially). It also hasn't petitioned to join the EU like Turkey has. ISIS isn't a country.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-03-23 at 01:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You specifically stated "no it's really not" in post #61. I can quote it for you if you like.
    Let me quote it for you:
    No, it's really not. And they're really not European in any meaningful sense (Culture, race, politics, etc.).
    Part of Turkey is in Europe, part of it is Asia. Even us North Americans know that.
    It really is shame that they haven't been allowed to join the EU "club" even though they applied in 1999.

When I said "No it's really not" I was clearly responding to your statement that "It really is a shame [Turkey] [hasn't] been allowed to join the EU." Notice the separation between my response to that, and contesting of Turkey's "European-ness" with a period, as well as the word "And."

My gripes with your classification of Turkey were limited to the latter half of my post. Don't blame me for your lack of reading comprehension.

Let me quote it for you:

When I said "No it's really not" I was clearly responding to your statement that "It really is a shame [Turkey] [hasn't] been allowed to join the EU." Notice the separation between my response to that, and contesting of Turkey's "European-ness" with a period, as well as the word "And."

My gripes with your classification of Turkey were limited to the latter half of my post. Don't blame me for your lack of reading comprehension.
    Unfortunately, or fortunately, I am not a mind reader. I did know which statement you were referring to.

The correct thing would have been to alter my quote and leave only portion you were referring to.
    Have a wonderful day.

- - - Updated - - -

Russia isn't part of Europe no more than Turkey is(both partially). It also hasn't petitioned to join the EU like Turkey has. ISIS isn't a country.
    LOL.....
    You still do not get it do you. Mr smart ass :P

You said:
    Let's hear some of those "requirements".

- - - Updated - - -

One could even say the EU is being a "bigot" then toward certain countries. Couldn't they?

- - - Updated - - -

Tsk tsk tsk... I thought the EU was about inclusiveness.
    Isn't that what the progressive left is all about?
    I said yes if they had normal laws and value's they would have been in the EU already.
    As for for russia and isis, that was a sarcastic ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm ) Because if we let go of our norms and value's we might as well invite monster like country's/organizations like that .

So let say its again to you about the EU being a warm welcome club to join. Turkey was well on his way to join. Until Erdogan went the Putin way and started to ban/arrest free press, trample rights etc etc etc. So to your sarcastic response that EU was supposed to be about inclusiveness is invalid. Because when you join something you are asked to uphold to certain rules, cost and regulations. If you do not you can not join. That has nothing to do with being welcome or not to a country.

Its like a person who always bully's someone at party, is sexist and racist. And then that person cry's when he is not invited to the party's anymore. Even tough they gave that person time and time again to better him/herself.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    LOL.....
    You still do not get it do you. Mr smart ass :P

You said:

I said yes if they had normal laws and value's they would have been in the EU already.
    As for for russia and isis, that was a sarcastic ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm ) Because if we let go of our norms and value's we might as well invite monster like country's/organizations like that .

So let say its again to you about the EU being a warm welcome club to join. Turkey was well on his way to join. Until Erdogan went the Putin way and started to ban/arrest free press, trample rights etc etc etc. So to your sarcastic response that EU was supposed to be about inclusiveness is invalid. Because when you join something you are asked to uphold to certain rules, cost and regulations. If you do not you can not join. That has nothing to do with being welcome or not to a country.

Its like a person who always bully's someone at party, is sexist and racist. And then that person cry's when he is not invited to the party's anymore. Even tough they gave that person time and time again to better him/herself.
    What is "normal"? Who determines this "normalcy"?
    What you and I consider "normal" others may not.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-03-23 at 07:01 PM.

What is "normal"? Who determines this "normalcy"?
    What you and I consider "normal" others may not.
    Yes normal differs per person. But we are not talking about persons. We are talking about country's so your whole point is null and void. Because norms and value's are in their constitutions normally.
    But normal laws in a democracy is freedom of speech, freedom of press etc.

And yes normal is a personal thing. But somethings we all agree on are normal ( for instant you do not hurt baby's). So there is some common ground.

But all of your normal talk is even more null and void if you consider what i was talking about.

I was talking about. Reasons why turkey was not ( and will not) be asked/allowed to join the EU.

So go back to the echo isle please

Erdogan has no power outside of Turkey and he knows it, he's just posturing hard, a bit like how Kim Jong Un does. The very fact he has no threatened the lives of EU residents just shows how pathetic and worthless he is. He's basically just reduced Turkeys chance of joining the EU to zero, not that they had a great shot in the first place, he already tried blackmailing the EU after all, which didn't end well.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Threadripper 2950x | 32gig Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz | GTX 1070 (Yes, I was stingy on the graphics card HOOOO!)

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would it be any surprise? We have Evil assholes manipulating the Far Right and Far Left these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Of course he is. Manipulation of the right is how right-wing politicians get elected. What, did you think their fears were based on reality?
    You mean our fears of countries like Turkey doing exactly what Turkey is suggesting? Explain how those are not based in reality?