Thread: 7.2 March 28th

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Guess I can say goodbye to playing my alts again... And hello to more grinds on main...

At least we can get flying, that's about the positive I see from the patch being so early.

Quote Originally Posted by Haikus View Post
    Go watch end of Q/a?
    I didn't know about the Q&A, all I wanted was a source

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Its on the front page.
    Now it is

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Yeah I went and looked it up after reading this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tokoyo View Post
    The stream confirming it as we speak, isn't enough? ^^
    I'm not watching the stream someone could have linked it
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You are right. Broken Shore is actually better from someone who has on PTR. Isle of Thunder was a daily hub nothing special.
    "better" is subjective, "bigger" is objective.

Also to support my view comes the fact that Tomb of Sargeras will not be included in the patch. Remember how they still tested Nighthold in 7.2.5 PTR + tier set balancing etc. You also have to take into account that there are hardly any class changes in 7.2 to the dismay of many specs who are in dire need of them.

It was just a great PR attempt to hype the above average patch up even more. Which it is, above average to a great degree. But not the largest.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthzull View Post
    Nice to see them releasing content this fast!
    This fast? 6.2 was released a little later in timeline, 5.2 way faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Great.

But it surely is not the biggest content patch they have ever released. Go and play it on PTR, it is no match to Isle of Thunder patch.
    5.2 was Raid (ToT) 7.2 has a raid, but delayed release so they don't have to WAIT for the proper time to release another raid (right now would be too soon, only been 2 months of NH)

5.2 was Isle with daily quests, buildings, etc, 7.2 is Broken Shore has daily quests (WQs) buildings, etc

5.2 had 2 world bosses, 7.2 has 3 world bosses

5.2 had class balancing, 7.2 has less class balancing but more coming in 7.2.5 around Tomb release (june most probable)

7.2 has new solo scenarios

5.2 had more legendary quests (for the already in progress legendary quest line)

7.2 has new craftable legendaries (though this isn't that big)

7.2 has demon invasions changing WQs in one zone at a time with 3 person end scenarios (haven't done these don't know how long they are)

7.2 has a new dungeon

7.2 has new artifact traits (debatable if content, but reward for doing content)

7.2 has new class related questlines

7.2 has a Pet Battle dungeon (just cause you don't like it doesn't mean its not content)

and more

5.2 really didn't have that much, it was a raid, a daily hub, and class balancing for the most part, which was their old patch philosophy.

I'd argue he was right on content amount per patch.

The 29th was my optimistic guess but without any real hopes it would be that soon.

Blizzard, you continue to surprise me... Please do keep at it! ^_^

SO MUCH EXCITEMENT! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Guess I can say goodbye to playing my alts again... And hello to more grinds on main...

At least we can get flying, that's about the positive I see from the patch being so early.
    If you really want to grind that AP go for it.... the new exponential scaling really makes grinding not worth it without AK levels...

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I'm just waiting for someone to link me a source.
    Do you want us to move your mouse for you, too?

Nice. Flying is in there, right? Finally gathering will be a lot faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never expected it that soon. I was kind of shooting random dates with friends and we kind of agreed that the beginning of April would make sense, if perhaps a little early. Before we saw the patch in the launcher, we expected something around may.

Well, I am pleasantly surprised - again - by the early release of 7.2. I haven't played in weeks, as the WoW fatigue settled in a few months in 7.1, but if they can keep it up with this rate of release, I'll certainly be more willing to become more invested into the game once more.

Kudos Blizz!
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

And now we wait for patch notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    5.2 really didn't have that much, it was a raid, a daily hub, and class balancing for the most par
    5.2 had two new islands actually, 7.2 adds some tiny bit of content on Broken Shore which was in game since Legion launch. Also you forgot to mention green fire questline and Zandalari invasions. I don't even mention that ToT had more bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Ginger View Post
    Nice. Flying is in there, right? Finally gathering will be a lot faster.
    Yes flying is in, and should take about 2-3 weeks depending.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes flying is in, and should take about 2-3 weeks depending.
    That's fine as it's account wide

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    If you really want to grind that AP go for it.... the new exponential scaling really makes grinding not worth it without AK levels...
    It's not even that much about AP... Nethershards, building supplies, paragon reps, Legionfall rep (wtf I need exalted on every single char to even start on the class mount? I can understand revered for flying, but exalted on every single alt...?)

Deleted
    I think the raid wont hit till at least June at the latest.
    And i hope it takes some time. We're 7/10 mythic and i want to kill Guldan before ToS.

The raids are coming too fast. And i fear the last raid will be 16 months with how fast they release raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    5.2 had two new islands actually, 7.2 adds some tiny bit of content on Broken Shore which was in game since Legion launch. Also you forgot to mention green fire questline and Zandalari invasions. I don't even mention that ToT had more bosses.
    Lol... isle of giants was just an excuse to build something for the WB, and to get people to farm a bunch of shit to get a mount. I wouldn't really count the island as content.

And its more than a "tiny bit of content" to the broken shore, where we had no reason to go even though its been in game since launch (aside from the Kosumoth quests which most people probably didn't even do)

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Great.

But it surely is not the biggest content patch they have ever released. Go and play it on PTR, it is no match to Isle of Thunder patch.
    The patch isn't just the Broken Shore though. There are the Legion Assaults and an entirely new dungeon. The pet battle dungeon is technically new content, even if it is niche. On top of that, there is the 11 week Legion Fall campaign and continuation of all of the Class Campaigns and Class Mount Acquisitions. The last thing I can remember is the 7 different solo challenges for the Artifact Appearances.

Even if you aren't going to participate in all of the content in 7.2, it is still there. It definitely is looking bigger than the Isle of Thunder patch.
    Last edited by Twilight Cultist; 2017-03-23 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    It's not even that much about AP... Nethershards, building supplies, paragon reps, Legionfall rep (wtf I need exalted on every single char to even start on the class mount? I can understand revered for flying, but exalted on every single alt...?)
    Nethershard, building supplies, and legionfall rep are limited to one time quests and WQs (i mean... you can farm like 2 nethershard a kill on the Broken shore... but why...)

Paragon rep is not meant to be farmed, it's just there to provide something useful for the rep you get passively from doing emmisaries and WQs

There's nothing really to "farm" its just playing the game on the characters you want to play it on, i'm sure come 7.3 there will be a rep catchup for legionfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    And i hope it takes some time. We're 7/10 mythic and i want to kill Guldan before ToS.

The raids are coming too fast. And i fear the last raid will be 16 months with how fast they release raids.
    I agree.

If EN/TOV, NH, ToS all last around 4-5 months each, and the final tier is over a year (like in the past), I'd vastly prefer EN/TOV, NH, and ToS lasting 6 months each, leaving 6 months for the end-tier raid. Or something to that effect.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis