Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel this image is accurate

BEWARE THE ALEX JONES ARMY!
    https://pics.onsizzle.com/ctfu-world...es-5999948.png

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Looks like more GOP lawmakers are fleeing the scene of the crime. I guess the vote is tonight, and they lost four more votes rather than gaining the ones they need to pass it. If Trump fails on his first legislative juggernaut, will this be the impetus the GOP needs to start moving away from Trump?
    Sad part is that they're against the bill, because it wont kill enough poor people. At least that's what it seems like from their complaints.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Looks like more GOP lawmakers are fleeing the scene of the crime. I guess the vote is tonight, and they lost four more votes rather than gaining the ones they need to pass it. If Trump fails on his first legislative juggernaut, will this be the impetus the GOP needs to start moving away from Trump?
    I look forward to the Twitter meltdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Sad part is that they're against the bill, because it wont kill enough poor people. At least that's what it seems like from their complaints.
    Lol . . . wait, seriously? Links? I thought they were running from a train wreck, not asking for more cars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol . . . wait, seriously? Links? I thought they were running from a train wreck, not asking for more cars.
    They want things like requiring insurance to cover emergency room visits removed. Cause freedom!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I look forward to the Twitter meltdown.
    Omg that will be priceless. Maybe Ryan was tapping Ivanka's phone, and that's why the healthcare bill sucked. What's the over/under on Trump saying it wasn't his bill?

I once wrote a paper in college the night before. The results were not the best.

Starting to sound like Wilson after WW1 and the whole treaty fight. Wilson on his high horse could do nothing wrong. Basically it will boil down to the baby in the white house running his mouth for 4 years. Congress ignoring/shutting up down and a new president in the office

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    They want things like requiring insurance to cover emergency room visits removed. Cause freedom!
    Wow, I swear we should make the lawmakers take the insurance package they pass. Unbelievable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Starting to sound like Wilson after WW1 and the whole treaty fight. Wilson on his high horse could do nothing wrong. Basically it will boil down to the baby in the white house running his mouth for 4 years. Congress ignoring/shutting up down and a new president in the office
    There is a third choice available.

More cars, steeper grade, no brakes, and passengers ride on the flatbeds...

"If he gets the money he wins, if the bus blows up he wins."

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamboni View Post
    More cars, steeper grade, no brakes, and passengers ride on the flatbeds...

"If he gets the money he wins, if the bus blows up he wins."
    Rofl! Had to close my office door I was laughing so hard. Well said. Hopefully these derailments will further push the big derail.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    This reminds me of the election.

"Trump said this wild and controversial thing!"

Trumpkins: "No he didn't he said this!"

"No seriously, here's a transcript of him saying it."

Trumpkins: "Fake news, it's fake."

"No, seriously. Here's a fucking video of him saying it."

Trumpkins: "... Well that's not what he MEANT, he meant this other thing when he said that really shitty, deplorable thing."

"I thought Trump always says what he means?"

Trumpkins: "... SHUT UP LIBCUCKS!"
    LOL. 2016 in a fucking nutshell.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

We know what happened to the Democrats when they ramrodded through an unpopular bill... they got shellacked come voting time. I feel like this bill right now shares similarities. And the worst part is there's really no effective way out.

10+ Year Old Account
    The rand paul wing of.the party is ideologically opposed to any government healthcare or any state assistance for the sick and needy. This was evidenced by that cnn debate a couple years back when these whackos cheered the idea of people dying on the streets. Liberty!!!
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2017-03-23 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGOAT View Post
    Well, I'm not going to disagree with you.

Trump did say he wants to "defeat isis", a statement which makes no fucking sense whatsoever. How does one defeat an ideology, exactly? Fucking muppet...
    Kill every single person who believes in it.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Today's the 7th anniversary of the ACA.

A vote is scheduled in the House today to replace it with Trumpcare.

The hypocritical GOP are rushing through a death trap that will kick 24M people off of insurance, kill 24,000 people each year, even as no one knows what is in the bill because last minute deals are being made. They are ramming this thing through with no debate, no public hearings, and no CBO score for their changes.

The latest rumors are that in order to get the needed GOP votes, they will attempt to repeal essential health benefits which will make this disaster even worse by creating a race to the bottom on coverage, meaning that costs will shift even more from the healthy to the sick. It will also make their continuous coverage provision meaningless as repealing EHB would enable people to game the system to avoid the penalty by buying health plans that cost virtually nothing because they cover virtually nothing. Thus, healthy people will flee the market, wait until their sick to buy an actual plan, driving costs up for the sick people that need care.

Also, here's the statement Obama just released on the ACA:
    To quote Sean Spicer at the daily press conference "Today is the seventh and we hope the last anniversary of the day Obama signed Obamacare." This administration HAS ALL THE SMARTEST PEOPLE.

Also LOL they aren't voting on it today. Trump is the BEST DEAL MAKER. LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    To repeat: NO DEAL. VOTE DELAYED.

House won't vote on health care Thursday -- bill in jeopardy

The House will not vote on the Republican health care bill Thursday, a GOP aide said, further putting efforts to repeal and replace Obamacare in jeopardy.

The decision came after multiple high-level and tense meetings at the White House and Capitol that failed to broker a compromise.

House Speaker Paul Ryan abruptly postponed, for a second time, a scheduled press briefing, instead staying behind closed doors to negotiate.

The conservative House Freedom Caucus, whose members appear to hold the key to any agreement on a final bill, met with President Donald Trump earlier Thursday. The session started with a standing ovation for the President, but there was little obvious progress they could point to, a GOP source said.

One senior administration official described the meeting with one word: "Intense."

The Freedom Caucus has been delivered a "final offer," said a member of House leadership, chief deputy whip Patrick McHenry. "It's really in the hands of the members there to accept or reject the White House's offer."

"This is the final offer," McHenry said. "We have a package, they have an offer, and‎ they can accept or reject it."

Freedom Caucus Chairman Mark Meadows said there's no deal yet.

"There are not enough votes as of 1:30 p.m. today," he told reporters.

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    We know what happened to the Democrats when they ramrodded through an unpopular bill... they got shellacked come voting time. I feel like this bill right now shares similarities. And the worst part is there's really no effective way out.
    One major difference between the two bills is that Obamacare actually helped people. Hell, looks like passing Trumpcare would be worse than just repealing Obamacare, resulting in one million more uninsured.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    One major difference between the two bills is that Obamacare actually helped people. Hell, looks like passing Trumpcare would be worse than just repealing Obamacare, resulting in one million more uninsured.
    I'll be honest, TrumpCare might have been better than literally nothing at all. The removal of pre-existing-condition bans, for example, is something I like. However, it works best when paired with a mandate, which TrumpCare doesn't have.

Problem is, TrumpCare isn't being compared to literally nothing at all. It's being compared to the status quo, which is the ACA, and against such competition, it falters.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Kill every single person who believes in it.
    How has that worked so far?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD