Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't know where Wells got the power to determine the 2020 US federal election.

Does he have friends in the Kremlin?
    Getting too real here man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    "Telling it like it is" is only virtuous when it's being a tactless cunt, apparently.
    But when you are of the opinion that people shouldn't "tell it like it is", you don't get to still do it yourself.

If Wells is allowed to say "Trump is president because he's white", I shouldn't be banned by an anti-intellectual hypocrite like Endus when I say that "XXXX did YYYY because he's black/muslim/jewish/mexican/caucasian/etc.". This is where the issue lies and as long as people won't be treated as equals, shit will only go a certain direction that clearly you don't agree with and most likely I don't either yet it's still better than the alternative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    But when you are of the opinion that people shouldn't "tell it like it is", you don't get to still do it yourself.

If Wells is allowed to say "Trump is president because he's white", I shouldn't be banned by an anti-intellectual hypocrite like Endus when I say that "XXXX did YYYY because he's black/muslim/jewish/mexican/caucasian/etc.". This is where the issue lies and as long as people won't be treated as equals, shit will only go a certain direction that clearly you don't agree with and most likely I don't either yet it's still better than the alternative.
    This is more a commentary on your lack of reading comprehension.

It's a basic fact that being wealthy and white confers considerable advantages in terms of social status in the United States, which is what Wells was actually saying. Considering Trump has no other attractive qualities to speak of these were clearly the deciding factors.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Yeah I'd be a real dick if I said that.

In the meantime, if you'd like to have an actual discussion about how Trump's place in society helped an astoundingly mediocre man reach his current position that would be far more interesting than the vapors you're currently subjecting the thread to.

Are you kidding? 'Trump is president because he's white' is not a judgement call on Trump or his actions, it's a comment on our whole society. 'XXX did YYY due to their whatever' is a judgement on them and their actions. Nothing about being white made Trump seek the presidency, it just facilitated him in doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    He's got an 80% approval rating among Republicans.
    There's more than just Republicans in this country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    There's more than just Republicans in this country.
    Sure.... for now (queue ominous music).
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

It's a basic fact that being wealthy and white confers considerable advantages in terms of social status in the United States
    It's a basic fact that being black confers considerable advantages in terms of being a criminal in the United States.
    It's a basic fact that being a refugee and muslim confers considerable advantages in terms of terrorist attacks in Europe.
    It's a basic fact that being the right kind of extremist confers considerable advantages in terms of not getting banned on Forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a basic fact that being black confers considerable advantages in terms of being a criminal in the United States.
    It's a basic fact that being a refugee and muslim confers considerable advantages in terms of terrorist attacks in Europe.
    It's a basic fact that being the right kind of extremist confers considerable advantages in terms of not getting banned on Forums.
    What advantages are those?

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Are you kidding? 'Trump is president because he's white' is not a judgement call on Trump or his actions, it's a comment on our whole society. 'XXX did YYY due to their whatever' is a judgement on them and their actions. Nothing about being white made Trump seek the presidency, it just facilitated him in doing so.
    Are you kidding?Nothing about being brown/black/muslim made Muhammed/Daquan seek the crowd with his car/knife/bomb/gun, it just facilitated him in doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you kidding?Nothing about being brown/black/muslim made Muhammed/Daquan seek the crowd with his car/knife/bomb/gun, it just facilitated him in doing so.
    You really aren't making a strong case for your reading comprehension, friendo.

What advantages are those?
    For starters, after this thread and saying literally the same thing as you guys, you'll be here and I won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    For starters, after this thread and saying literally the same thing as you guys, you'll be here and I won't.
    Feelsbadman.

Feelsbadman.
    Hey, at least reinforcing the bubble make some really small people like they have real power. Just doing my best to keep mods happy so they don't have to face reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, at least reinforcing the bubble make some really small people like they have real power. Just doing my best to keep mods happy so they don't have to face reality.
    Sorry, you seem to be under the impression I remotely sympathise with your desperate attempt at being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    He's got an 80% approval rating among Republicans.
    Two weeks ago, that number was at 91%. He is even starting to lose his base. His disapproval rating among that group jumped to 14% from 5%.

Sorry, you seem to be under the impression I remotely sympathise with your desperate attempt at being victimised.
    Don't flatter yourself, you're a nobody and that's the best you'll ever be. Hey maybe I am as well, it's the internet and everyone can be whoever/whatever they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't flatter yourself, you're a nobody and that's the best you'll ever be. Hey maybe I am as well, it's the internet and everyone can be whoever/whatever they want.
    You could change that.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Least I'm a nobody that can read, which is something.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The president of the United States continues to speak and behave with all of the knowledge and maturity of a 5 year old. Then again, considering he tapes the back of his tie to the front, which is about the level of ingenuity you'd expect from a relatively average 5 year old, it makes sense.
    Ah yes another Anti-American MoD. The funny thing though, is Trump is 8 steps ahead of the pack. He WINS on every front. I loved seeing him sign that NASA budget bill yesterday. Brace yourself for 8 years, because all your tears belong to us.