Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Looks cool.
    I hope there will be zero similarities in the story and they will come up with new ideas for the movie.

Because...you know, we already watched the anime
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-03-24 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Worst anime ever getting a show.

/wrists
    It could have been worse. It could have been code geass, that shit is death note with none of the stuff that made deathnote good.

Death Note is generally considered a great anime but what is the general opinion on the ending? I mean I liked the anime up until L dies but after that I felt like it wasn't as good and the ending was kind of disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Death Note is generally considered a great anime but what is the general opinion on the ending? I mean I liked the anime up until L dies but after that I felt like it wasn't as good and the ending was kind of disappointing.
    Personally I enjoyed all of it. It did get weaker in the 2nd half but I enjoyed it.

To me the 2nd half showed Light he isn't god and can't plan for all the outcomes. He got cocky in the end and it cost him his life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Looks cool.
    I hope there will be zero similarities in the story and they will come up with new ideas for the movie.

Because...you know, we already watched the anime
    I think we mite get the Kara name and maybe L. But everything else will be different since it is set in america.

I'm highly interested.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the edgy cheerleader meant to be Misa? She hasn't even opened her mouth yet and I already like her more than Misa.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Is the edgy cheerleader meant to be Misa? She hasn't even opened her mouth yet and I already like her more than Misa.
    Seems like it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The first 2/3's are definitely the best parts of the show, but it's still Death Note, and I think they did some interesting things with the story. I think everything from the manga is in the show mostly intact, but in the manga it lasted almost as long as the L stuff, while it only lasted half the time in the anime. It therefore felt rushed, and not as good as it is in the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    It could have been worse. It could have been code geass, that shit is death note with none of the stuff that made deathnote good.
    I disagree, I like Code Geass more. Death Note has the better mind games and atmosphere, but Code Geass has so much more. Love the characters, love the twists and turns.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Blasphemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    The first 2/3's are definitely the best parts of the show, but it's still Death Note, and I think they did some interesting things with the story. I think everything from the manga is in the show mostly intact, but in the manga it lasted almost as long as the L stuff, while it only lasted half the time in the anime. It therefore felt rushed, and not as good as it is in the manga.

I disagree, I like Code Geass more. Death Note has the better mind games and atmosphere, but Code Geass has so much more. Love the characters, love the twists and turns.

- - - Updated - - -

Blasphemy.
    Like sure, but code geass misses the point of deathnote entirely. Light is a narcissist fuck who believes he is the second coming of jesus and thst the ones he kills are done for the purpose of a better world. And he fails and recieves a pathetic deatb beffiting of him. In code geass lelouch is the second coming of jesus and all of the stuff he does is justified, because at the end his death achieves world peace.
    Last edited by NED funded; 2017-03-24 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    those movies are garbage, they could make this movie about a monkey who found a death note and it be better than those shitty movies, the only thing those movies got even relatively close to right was the look of the characters
    Yeah they were bad but they had the look which is half the battle. This here is just random white guys and cheerleaders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... I think a lot of the love for Death Note comes from the first half of the series. Pretty much everyone I know agrees that it declined substantially in the back half of the season.

That's why I actually quite enjoy the live action movie, they cut out all the back half and instead manage to tie it all up quite nicely at the end of the first arc. Fingers crossed they'll do something similar in this one.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Yeah they were bad but they had the look which is half the battle. This here is just random white guys and cheerleaders.
    look is not half the battle. anyone can make anythg look like the source material. would i like if they looked like the manga? yes i would but a good movie is a good movie irregardless and a shitty movie is a shitty movie irregardless.

netflix has never made anything that was worse than average
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

look is not half the battle. anyone can make anythg look like the source material. would i like if they looked like the manga? yes i would but a good movie is a good movie irregardless and a shitty movie is a shitty movie irregardless.

netflix has never made anything that was worse than average
    It's Death Note, not a series inspired by Death Note.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Like sure, but code geass misses the point of deathnote entirely. Light is a narcissist fuck who believes he is the second coming of jesus and thst the ones he kills are done for the purpose of a better world. And he fails and recieves a pathetic deatb beffiting of him. In code geass lelouch is the second coming of jesus and all of the stuff he does is justified, because at the end his death achieves world peace.
    Why are you assuming that Code Geass was trying to be Death Note, when you are pretty much saying yourself that they are nothing alike. Death Note is about a protagonist with a god-complex who is trying to change the world, Code Geass is about a protagonist who wants revenge, trying to change the world. Just because they are similar because the main character is trying to change the world, doesn't mean that one is trying to copy the other.
    Last edited by Twilight Cultist; 2017-03-24 at 07:48 PM.

that literally has fuck all to do with whether or not its GOOD

it could look just like death note and be shit like the old movies or could be great and look little like death note
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

I'd rather have a series inspired by Death Note, personally. I thought it had a cute premise, but ........ flaws ... that made it less than enjoyable for me.

Also, I've seen trailers for fake movies that looked better than this one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Worst anime ever getting a show.

/wrists
    There are alot of animes in queue to slash wrists.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol no they havent. where is my squirrel girl movie? where is my moon knight movie? where is my namor movie? wheres my rat queens movie?

just because marvel and dc have a couple movies doesnt mean theyve "drained them to death" but thanks for showing you dont read comic books

- - - Updated - - -

the major difference is that white people have no issues getting cast for roles due to their race.

I know many asian american actors or mixed asian actors that struggle to get roles or had to change their names to get more roles just because they dont care to take the guy with the last name "cho" even if they look like a white person or are just as talented.

theres 1000s of actors of all backgrounds auditioning for roles, you could easily hire a cast of entirely different races and backgrounds and have no loss of talent.

when actors are getting more parts than they used to soley based off a name change thats fucked up.
    The fact John Cho, Daniel Wu, Steven Yuen, and Lucy Lu (to name a few) are huge names in Hollywood, makes me want to call bullshit on your story. It's a convenient excuse to blame your race, when you're not good enough to make the cut. Acting is one of the most competitive careers on the planet. If you think I (as a White person) can walk into any audience & get the role because I'm White, you are utterly delusional. You're also forgetting that Hollywood is based in America, where the majority are White people. So obviously, statistically speaking, White people are more likely to be cast in films. You'd get the same result with Indians, if you were in Bollywood.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    The fact John Cho, Daniel Wu, Steven Yuen, and Lucy Lu (to name a few) are huge names in Hollywood, makes me want to call bullshit on your story. It's a convenient excuse to blame your race, when you're not good enough to make the cut. Acting is one of the most competitive careers on the planet. If you think I (as a White person) can walk into any audience & get the role because I'm White, you are utterly delusional. You're also forgetting that Hollywood is based in America, where the majority are White people. So obviously, statistically speaking, White people are more likely to be cast in films. You'd get the same result with Indians, if you were in Bollywood.
    We're actually seeing the opposite these days due to the huge amount of entertainment consumers in China. Big franchises "tokening in" south-east asians.

Personally I grew up with VHS and betamax in the early 80's and in those days I probably saw most of the Kung Fu and Ninja movies being spewed out, so I have no bias whatsoever towards asian actors.

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    great you can name 4 asian people, one of which is only known because of walking dead who if you know kirkman is a big fan of diversity which is why he has multiple gay and minority characters in his comic book.

im an actor, im not saying any white person can just go and get a role stop twisting my words. im saying that often times minorities arent even given a chance for the roles as like i said, there are many actors who can pass as white who get more roles simply by changing their last names.

comparing hollywood to bollywood is comparing apples to oranges. bollywood does not have access to thousands of people of multiple races trying out for their parts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    We're actually seeing the opposite these days due to the huge amount of entertainment consumers in China. Big franchises "tokening in" south-east asians.
    this is because if a chinese actor is involved with a project then it is technically considered a chinese production by the chinese government and will receive better marketing and accessibility by the government.

this is because if a chinese actor is involved with a project then it is technically considered a chinese production by the chinese government and will receive better marketing and accessibility by the government.
    The ironic thing is, from what I've come to understand, is that the ideal south-east asian "look" is to look as "white" as possible, (Han chinese), such as Michelle Yeoh.