Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    So long as you attribute wealth to intelligence and worthiness, you will forever be a victim cheering on your abuser.
    i didn't say intelligence or worthiness? i said he's not an idiot.

otherwise why am i not finding a billion pounds every time i walk down the high street? surely if it's THAT easy to be a billionaire i can just stumble upon it?

get fucking real. he's not an idiot. he may say idiotic things, he may even do things you believe are idiotic. these do not make him an idiot. he is very likely a lot smarter than you, than i, and everyone else in this thread put together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    Oh your so educated. Lets look at the senate and congress floor for the voting of civil rights in the 60's. Oh the republicans voted in favor more than the Democrats. But I thought they switched sides Didactic.

Here is a picture of the 1924 democratic convention, known as Klanbake
    A picture of a bunch of people dressed in bedsheets because it was intimidating
    #NEXT
    You do realize that Democrats and Republicans switched platforms, yes? One of many potential sources/explanations.

#PREVIOUS
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post

otherwise why am i not finding a billion pounds every time i walk down the high street? surely if it's THAT easy to be a billionaire i can just stumble upon it?
    Did you get a 'small loan of a million dollars' from your rich father?

get fucking real. he's not an idiot. he may say idiotic things, he may even do things you believe are idiotic. these do not make him an idiot. he is very likely a lot smarter than you, than i, and everyone else in this thread put together.
    I wager that I am significantly better educated and more intelligent than Donald Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I wager that I am significantly better educated and more intelligent than Donald Trump.
    run for president then. lets see how well you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly, education and intelligence are not pre-qualifiers anymore for being POTUS.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have the funds to do so. Nor am I eligible.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

He's obviously not completely retarded, but neither are several other people who AREN'T billionaires.

It takes money to make money and he was handed a shitload of it and was bailed out by his rich father to keep him from bankruptcy back in the 70's. He didn't get to where he is on his own, he had help. He's maintained and grown it from shrewd business deals so he has a decent business sense, but it is still possible to be relatively savvy in one area and completely inept and idiotic in others.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's doing badly compared to other presidents, it would seem.

Seeing as his only job right now is to be president, and he's not doing well at it, I'd say he's doing poorly.

I mean you can be some high-earning CEO. If you run your company into the ground, you're failure.

And I mean Trump did that what, four times?

Your failures are measured by how far you fall, not where you initially stand.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

hmm weird how the most I got out of that article is Trump is still a conspiracy theory believing nut job. that to me is far more upsetting.

have any of you guys watched top gear? if so, jeremy clarkson probably looks like a fucking idiot on that program too. of course he does. he plays that character.

in actual fact he's a professor of electrical engineering with another master degree in physics.

similarly, trump may play a fool and tweet like an idiot to distract people from all the shit he's passing every day, but this is just a character he's playing. he's a very smart individual.

10+ Year Old Account
    have any of you guys watched top gear? if so, jeremy clarkson probably looks like a fucking idiot on that program too. of course he does. he plays that character.

in actual fact he's a professor of electrical engineering with another master degree in physics.

similarly, trump may play a fool and tweet like an idiot to distract people from all the shit he's passing every day, but this is just a character he's playing. he's a very smart individual.
    There's no evidence to suggest as such. Quite the opposite - I think the fact he's not read a book in a quarter century is proof positive of his stupidity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Dear sweet baby Moses, I don't understand how some of you can continue to reply to some of the people that seemingly channel their inner Trump. I've come to the conclusion that many of you are gluttons for punishment.

I feel like I should end with a hashtag, as monstrously ridiculous as they are on a forum (or anywhere)...
    #dontdothistoyourselves
    We don't suffer fools gladly, because we have to suffer for their poor decision making.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Considering his lack of any redeeming qualities whatsoever, I fail to see an alternative.
    Maybe because people are tired of the left's shit? I mean, I used to identify as fairly leftist back when I still gave somewhat of a fuck about politics. This past election I wanted Trump to win, not because I thought he'd be good for any of us, but just to fucking stick it to the PC police that is the left. I can imagine a lot of people felt something like that to various degrees, which is partially why he won.

Basically both sides are trash now. I think the Democrats used to be seen as the "good guys," or at least that's how my naive self saw them. Not anymore, and I think that's how a lot of people who don't identify with one party too strongly feel. Dem's put him in office by being the thought police.

There's no evidence to suggest as such. Quite the opposite - I think the fact he's not read a book in a quarter century is proof positive of his stupidity.
    so blind people are idiots now

nice job

10+ Year Old Account
    so blind people are idiots now

nice job
    Braille is a thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Maybe because people are tired of the left's shit? I mean, I used to identify as fairly leftist back when I still gave somewhat of a fuck about politics. This past election I wanted Trump to win, not because I thought he'd be good for any of us, but just to fucking stick it to the PC police that is the left. I can imagine a lot of people felt something like that to various degrees, which is partially why he won.
    Because cable news says so, right?

Basically both sides are trash now. I think the Democrats used to be seen as the "good guys," or at least that's how my naive self saw them. Not anymore, and I think that's how a lot of people who don't identify with one party too strongly feel. Dem's put him in office by being the thought police.
    Prove it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post

You vastly overestimate the effect of the "PC police" on anyone, or anything.

Tumblr is not an adequate reflection of reality, I'm afraid.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    We don't suffer fools gladly, because we have to suffer for their poor decision making.
    Best. Quote. Ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    He's got an 80% approval rating among Republicans.
    In other words, he's got an 80% approval among literally the biggest idiots on the planet.

"A person playing a dumb character on TV is actually smart because he has degrees.
    Therefore, a different person who acts dumb is actually very smart.
    Also, I am smart for having figured this out.

QED"
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Because cable news says so, right?

Prove it.
    Don't watch cable news. Sadly, most of my news comes from this site, that's how little of a fuck I give. And I get both biased points of views here.

You know there is no way to prove something like that. Just how you can't disprove it, or prove that Trump won because he was a white guy. Besides, I'm not writing a dissertation on the subject.