Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Then maybe you should think ahead, and buy insurance, or save for such a possibility.
    I can't believe you are 38 and still so removed from reality that you could even type that, let alone believe it... wow.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Your freedom at the cost other's lives is the fucken problem.
    I have taken no lives, nor am I choosing to take money. Therefore, I have taken nobody's freedom.

I also want freedom for everyone, including the healthy, the poor, and the wealthy.
    Good - well, the first place to start is letting people live ... which REQUIRES universal health care.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    You seem to be OK telling some people to die.... seems you have some pretty strong double standards.
    There is no double standard. My level of empathy and desire for personal responsibility and individual freedom is very consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    You've made it clear you don't want to pay for others. Whether or not it's a tax didn't seem to be a distinction you made. So unless you have contributed hundreds of dollars to charity, I call bullshit on that, and you're still looking at anti-paladin range there buddy.
    Not like donating hundreds of dollars to charity would even put a dent into the social problems of the US, even if everybody, even the poor did so.

I have taken no lives, nor am I choosing to take money. Therefore, I have taken nobody's freedom.
    If one is in the position to save a life at no significant cost to themselves - and they do not, they have taken a life.

Morality 101.

You're asking for the repeal of the ACA, which lowers the price of health care on the sick and poor. That's literally harming others.
    I'm asking to not be forced to pay for others, and to not force others to pay for me.

There is no double standard. My level of empathy and desire for personal responsibility and individual freedom is very consistent.
    No ... they are at opposite ends, however you just say they are ok to justify your hatred for human life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also want freedom for everyone, including the healthy, the poor, and the wealthy.
    No, you are not. Without affordable healthcare, the poor and middle class, do not have freedom to receive care. Your opinion is taking away the freedom to afford healthcare, not granting it. People would lose the freedom to receive healthcare. Healthcare isn't a new switch or buying a house, that you have alternatives for. You cannot afford it, your only choice is to suffer.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Not providing a affordable Healthcare system for everyone is harming people............THAT IS A FACT.

Checkmate again champ.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you should stop trying to throw poor people under the bus.
    Aren't you trying to throw rich people and the healthy under a bus?

If I were trying to throw people under a buss, show me which law I would use to do such a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm asking to not be forced to pay for others, and to not force others to pay for me.
    Bullshit... you pay for others in the insurance you are arguing for. The difference is who the money goes to and the overhead.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

So - you would be ok removing all roads, electricity wiring, dams, railways, internet... you know all that stuff paid for involuntarily via government?

Right now - if you are using the internet, you are being a hypocrite in the extreme.

You've made it clear you don't want to pay for others. Whether or not it's a tax didn't seem to be a distinction you made. So unless you have contributed hundreds of dollars to charity, I call bullshit on that, and you're still looking at anti-paladin range there buddy.
    I donate about $4-5k a year to charities, plus I tend to loan money to friends and family that I know I will never get back.

If someone cannot afford healthcare, then they should prioritize it. I will gladly pay to make sure their children are healthy, but adults should be able to take care of themselves.
    It's weird that you care about their children (As if when their parents die or go into massive debt their children won't be affected lol) What's stopping you from going all the way? It's inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Yea maybe the kind of my you do after huffing ether for a month straight
    The US spends $8,703 per person on health care for a total cost of nearly 4 trillion dollars the highest in the developed world. The closest is Norway around $5,000 per person and the lowest in that range we can possible reach is UK around $3,400 per person. Of course something like this would take time to integrate, corporations and hospitals would have to be regulated so they could no longer charge whatever they want.

But if everything runs perfectly the US could save far more than 1.5 trillion dollars but the process of such a huge change would take 10 - 15 years if not more. Also with such a system we can far more easily tackle our extremely high obesity rate and preventive medicine for even more cost savings. We could save millions of lives and people would have more money to spend which would grow the economy, the biggest loser would be CEOs and the rich which means this probably will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I'm not telling others how to live their lives, I'm telling you that you are taking away choice from American people.
    What choice have I taken away? I want more choices. i want people to be more free to spend their money how they see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Putting 20 million people on Medicare isn't some brace solution

Why don't we print a billion dollars for every poor person, boom I solved poverty
    So outside of that strawman argument you just made what is it that you argue?

Please if you have a better idea on how to reduce healthcare cost in general then the ACA then please say so.

Good - well, the first place to start is letting people live ... which REQUIRES universal health care.
    No, no it does not. People were free to live long before universal health care existed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Not like donating hundreds of dollars to charity would even put a dent into the social problems of the US, even if everybody, even the poor did so.
    Well if the rich paid more, say, a progressive tax, you know, like income tax?

Sorry, I do beat that dead horse don't I. I'll take a break, get some coffee, return for the HOLY SHIT Trump just attacked the Freedom Caucus!

If you don't think the government should protect its citizens, or provide for them - I suggest you immediately turn off your electricity, gas, water, avoid anything that uses the road or rail network.
    All that infrastructure YOU are using was from people forced to pay for it.
    I pay for those things, you aren't making any sense. I get a bill every single month or quarter for them.

- - - Updated - - -

If one is in the position to save a life at no significant cost to themselves - and they do not, they have taken a life.

Morality 101.
    What do you consider a significant cost? And as I have said, I have no problem helping others, I simply oppose being forced to do so.