Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    This expansion has far more gating then any other
    I bet you did not play in BC because if you did, you wouldn't talk shit like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If it ended in 2-3 hours. He wouldn't have much to play now would he? Yeah...good job proving why gating needs to exist in some form.
    And what about people who play alts, and enjoy other things in the game? There are many reasons to play beside new content. Gating is nothing more than telling you that you are a moron who is not able to find the right amount of game time for your own pleasure. As if they are able to judge things that personal.

If Blizzard forces us to limit how fast we do stuff - OMFG GATING
    If Blizzard lets us do it as fast as we want - OMFG GRINDING

Seriously - the sooner that Blizzard stops listening to its customers completely, the better this game will be.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Fuck this game forever.
    PREACH! Can I get an AMEN??

I expected 7.2 on mid-April or a bit further, but I'm fine with the current patch date release

Deleted
    Gating, RNG (hand in hand with grinding more so than in any other expansion), AK extend the lifetime of content, thus creating the illusion there is more of it.

7.2 reinforces their notion that Ion confirmed in the Q&A couple of weeks back that they like RNG.

You pretty much have to stay subbed for 4 months now if you dont want to fall behind on AK. How disgusting and manipulative.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasharin View Post
    YEAH OP!!!

Screw this gating crap...give us everything...for free...RIGHT NOW!!!

#untoggle-entitled-mode

LOL...you people..i swear....
    For free?
    Gating favours for no reason people who play 1hour/day over those who play 8 hours on sunday. And it's so much worse for those who play 20hours every 2 weeks.
    Yet the second player plays MORE.
    So, for free? Really?

Current system is overly stupid, why can't I do my 7 dailies in a row at the END of the week, so that I can catch up with you if you play every day from the BEGINNING of the week. It's only fair, you still get to do and see the content before me.

LOL...you people..i swear....
    Vanilla player since day 1 Europe.
    I think everything should be account-wide.
    Cross-faction grouping for dungeons and raids should be a thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    You expected Tomb of Sargeras before June?
    Personally I hope it releases August-September, although I know that won't happen. Our guild always take a two month break over the summer so the ToS tier is really going to suck, with some people having pugged it and others entering it for the first time, just like HFC. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Maybe blizzard should add content then.
    They are adding content. Hardcore players just plow through them too fast. Some people have barely even finished the Suramar questlines. I don't think content is the issue these days...Hardcore players just get a little trigger happy with content and when it's all done they whine about there not being content while the rest of the players are just there enjoying themselves.

Everything needs to be a pointless grind that is dragged out- Legion

- - - Updated - - -
    It's far from a grind

They are adding in 7.2 :-)
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    Compelling content vs. content is not the same.

In Failgion there is no compelling content. There is forced and gated content. You're forced into a gate and then forced to grind while gated because there is nothing else to do.

Who else is sick of chasing the imaginary dragon.
    I remember when there was a carrot on a stick trinket.

Carrots are orange!
    So are Legiondaries.

Think I'm on to something, folks?
    You're not forced to do anything let alone play the game. Just because you don't enjoy the content now 6-7 months after release doesn't mean it wasn't enjoyable. In fact it's still enjoyable to a wide variety of the player base.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Content will always be completed faster than it's created. Even if Blizzard had 100 times more devs, people would still be able to clear content or beat stuff faster than they created it.

Also, a lot of people don't want to do the hardest difficulty of Mythic so skip it and keep saying there isn't enough content. A lot of people don't play all the classes or flesh out on everything that there is to offer and STILL complain.

Haters gonna hate... always

Everything needs to be a pointless grind that is dragged out- Legion
    Actually no. It was the lack of gating / caps that caused people with no sense of self control to grind themselves into oblivion farming AP in places like maw of souls every day.

The way it is in 7.2 STOPS people grinding it out... and that's what the complaint is about.

Basically blizzard can't win.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    I think he is talking about doing an 11 week pre quest that he could finish in 4 hours. Or having to grind revered for flying then exalted to unlock mount quests/new class hall stuff; which if he had unlimited daily quests from this hub he could get exalted in 2-3 hours instead of 2-3 weeks.

Just a guess.

All of the above perhaps. The grind is horrible and really a bad thing to do in my opinion.

I predict substantial sub loss incoming.

This is an MMO, EVERYTHING in the game is involved in some form of "gating".

This influx of this term is rediculous...you people want everything right now with no effort. Regular dungeons are gated behind having the gear for them, you or others, heroic dungeons are gated behind having the gear for them as well, oh and lets not forget that mythic raiding is gated behind having some form of skill and gear

Professions....can't make the higher end stuff without the gating of leveling the profession...can't buy items from rep vendors without the gating of reputation.

Gear....can't get higher end gear without the gating of mythic raiding or high end M+.

See where I am going with this, gating is everywhere in this game, always has been and always will be. Just because you people have gotten lazy and don't want to put effort into anything anymore, you want everything handed to you when you want it, and how you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    pretty sure they've learned from that WoD flaw.
    Unlike the last time, you gotta actually pay a hefty amount of resources. You have to get at least every few days out there and bring home some new order resources.
    If you don't do world quests you dry out rather fast.

What? Are you smoking something? I barley log besides raids and get my extra coins from resources.

and my resources are still growing.....up to 120,000 ...and its still growing......I cant spend it fast enough and my followers are always out doing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    What gating are you whining about? The announced 'gating' that the raid won't be there from the start, which EVERYONE was told (at least if they cared to listen).

- - - Updated - - -

Even when content is added, whining is there.. Legion Vs. WoD was proof of that..
    Yeah it's a catch 22 Blizzard is caught in. During MoP it was we don't want to be forced to do the reps in order to improve our characters. Come WoD it was the reps don't do anything to improve our characters there is no point in doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    This is an MMO, EVERYTHING in the game is involved in some form of "gating".

This influx of this term is rediculous...you people want everything right now with no effort. Regular dungeons are gated behind having the gear for them, you or others, heroic dungeons are gated behind having the gear for them as well, oh and lets not forget that mythic raiding is gated behind having some form of skill and gear

Professions....can't make the higher end stuff without the gating of leveling the profession...can't buy items from rep vendors without the gating of reputation.

Gear....can't get higher end gear without the gating of mythic raiding or high end M+.

See where I am going with this, gating is everywhere in this game, always has been and always will be. Just because you people have gotten lazy and don't want to put effort into anything anymore, you want everything handed to you when you want it, and how you want it.
    I played Everquest from launch until WoW was in beta (Whole guild got beta access to wow). Everquest had no gating what so ever. When an expansion was released every piece of content from that expansion was live from day 1. The thing is it took a LONG time to do everything the expansion had to offer. If you wanted to grind stuff for 24 hours a day you could. If you needed factions or keys to enter certain areas you could grind until you had them. The thing was the content was challenging and no one could beat it without coordination and gear/AA abilities. This in it's own was a natural time gate without any restrictions other than your ability to actually complete content which became easier as you built your character up but had no HARD gate like Insurrection questline or the new TOS 11 week questline has.

Deleted
    have you done 10/10 mythic nighthold?

if yes you can complain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    Compelling content vs. content is not the same.

In Failgion there is no compelling content. There is forced and gated content. You're forced into a gate and then forced to grind while gated because there is nothing else to do.

Who else is sick of chasing the imaginary dragon.
    I remember when there was a carrot on a stick trinket.

Carrots are orange!
    So are Legiondaries.

Think I'm on to something, folks?
    HAHAHAHHA Failgion.

You are trying too hard.
    Last edited by Sluvs; 2017-03-24 at 05:49 PM.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines