Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I was going to start looking for a Finnish wife.
    I'd imagine there are women closer than that
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    So you think it's important for girls, in schools to learn about:
    - doing your nails
    - hairstyles
    - makeup and how to look preety?
    Is this what women should learn about in a school? That being preety is more important than being smart?

l
    I know people don't want it to be true, but that's how the world works.

Being pretty will always be more important for women and nobody is going to change that. No harm in teaching applicaple real world skills.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post

Being pretty will always be more important for women and nobody is going to change that. No harm in teaching applicaple real world skills.
    Not with that attitude it won't. But it should, and with people working to change it, it will. Along time different aspects of this changed. Slow yes, but they did change.

One day, less than 100 years ago, voting wasn't important for women and many thought that won't change. It did. Same for women working certain fields. Wage gap in developed countries. etc.

First of all being pretty is an advantage for both men and women.
    For women, probably more so, but still. If you are a very pretty man - it gives you the same advantages as if you are a very pretty woman.

Also being pretty and being smart aren't actually mutually exclusive.
    You can be both smart and care about what you look like.

The people that are the ones shouting about "girls should be taught to be smart" are usually the ones that are too lazy to go to the gym and watch what they eat.

Your looks matter, and they will matter, they mattered 1000 years ago, and will matter 1000 years afterwards.
    Unless you are Newton-level smart.
    But then again if you are Newton-level smart you will, probably, not choose to go to such class. But since your chances of being a genius are rather slim, and if you are a woman they are even slimmer - you should care about what you look like, and how you communicate with others.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not with that attitude it won't. But it should, and with people working to change it, it will. Along time different aspects of this changed. Slow yes, but they did change.

One day, less than 100 years ago, voting wasn't important for women and many thought that won't change. It did. Same for women working certain fields. Wage gap in developed countries. etc.
    Whether it's fair and morally right or not people being attracted and drawn to appearance is human nature and it won't change (unless we are literally talking about genetic engineering)

None of the examples makes any sense as a comparison as they are man-made conventions/rules.

Deleted

With regards to female enfranchisement, that happened not because a bunch of middle aged, middle class moderates were sat around talking about it, it changed because thousands of women, particularly working class women got up, fought and died for it.

Just worth remembering in this age where the view of violence is such that it is, especially amongst moderate 'liberals'.

How the world also works, is women already learn those things in their own time. If you don't want to waste peoples time trying to teach them what they already know, then have that course for men. I haven't seen one so far who has learned nails and makeup on their own time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    There's no comparison between the two. You have issues if you think educating young men on what constitutes rape is "stupid shit".

There's no comparison at all between educating young people to avoid them perpetrating a heinous crime due to vast ignorance vs etiquette classes which everyone should actually pick up. It reveals more about you that you word force such a relation.
    So that should be a male only class? Female rape is ok? They don't need to understand consent?

To add, it seems like a good percentage of women need these courses anymore, due to muh empowerment, or bad parenting, but it seems most of the dating pool is filled with vapid shallow women that cannot cook, don't clean (behind themselves or otherwise) Have no drive, want to be pampered babied and princesses, but provide nothing in return.

Don't want to be a good housewife? That's not a problem, but pursue a career, contribute to the household. It's pathetic how most young women's lives revolve around partying drinking, going out with their friends, and none have any useful skills, hobbies, or interests of any kind.
    Last edited by analmoose; 2017-03-24 at 05:21 PM.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    Mandatory consent class absolutely are stupid shit. It's common fucking sense on is this rape or not.

Seriously those classes assume all guys are guilty or stupid, it's messed up. It's very simple to know what is rape vs what isn't.
    Which is why we have such heroes as Todd "Legitimate Rape" Akin.

I am sure that people have been saying that specific aspects of society will never change for millennia.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    How the world also works, is women already learn those things in their own time. If you don't want to waste peoples time trying to teach them what they already know, then have that course for men. I haven't seen one so far who has learned nails and makeup on their own time.
    Because men don't give a shit? For the most part I would find we prefer natural beauty, without makeup fake nails, etc. Although we all know women "just do that for themselves" anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    It's an optional course, they don't have to attend it if they think it's a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I am sure that people have been saying that specific aspects of society will never change for millennia.
    If you want to propose an idea how to keep people from being biased by looks I'm all ears.

Deleted
    Whether it's fair and morally right or not people being attracted and drawn to appearance is human nature and it won't change (unless we are literally talking about genetic engineering)

None of the examples makes any sense as a comparison as they are man-made conventions/rules.
    It is ok that people are attracted to appearance. What is not ok is that it is what girls are directed to in a SCHOOL. You're not supposed to focus on that in school, you're supposed to focus on development of your person, your intelligence, your creativity, not learning about the physical aspect.

If you want to propose an idea how to keep people from being biased by looks I'm all ears.
    Maybe have a course in school about how to present themselves at their best in ways other than looks. Maybe by behaving well, treating people with respect, using polite manners... oh wait....

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    So that should be a male only class? Female rape is ok? They don't need to understand consent?
    For the most part it's just not really a real issue. Women can rape in theory, but they mostly just don't.

- - - Updated - - -

It is ok that people are attracted to appearance. What is not ok is that it is what girls are directed to in a SCHOOL. You're not supposed to focus on that in school, you're supposed to focus on development of your person, your intelligence, your creativity, not learning about the physical aspect.
    Appearance is part of the bolded. We do have PE and I think of this largely in that vein. Developing someone fully as a person includes developing their appearance and social skills. For the masculine version of this, I wish someone had taught me how to wear a suit properly, for example.