Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Really? You're going to blame 3.5 billion people for this?
    Expect any less from a feminazi? lol

All of this talk about god...what happened to the separation of church and state? A move that sounds motivated by god's will...doesn't sound very separated...this is pretty fucked up to enforce a low because one claim's it's gods will. I really hope this dumb ass gets booted from his office and his stupid law repealed.

If it's all gods will then why do we have laws?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Classic and unsurprising sexism from Erin.
    How is it sexism?

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    Yes, who knows?

Except in the case of rape leading to the birth of a child, you do know. You know there's a kid and eventually you'll see how their life turns out. Not saying it's always going to be pretty, just saying it could be. There's a chance.

Of course a lot of people react to this as if what I've said is just appalling and conclude that I'm basically condoning rape and I'm a misogynist. They can't think past the horrible rape part. Too much abstract logic for them I guess.

I'd like to also point out that it's also possible for a child to be born of rape from a man being raped. Same thing applies there. You just don't really ever see that because it's damn near impossible to rape a man as a woman.
    Sure, it's possible a child from rape could grow up to be the next Ghandi...it's also possible he/she could grow up to be the next Ted Bundy. It's pointless speculation and not something to pin legislation on.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Sure, it's possible a child from rape could grow up to be the next Ghandi...it's also possible he/she could grow up to be the next Ted Bundy. It's pointless speculation and not something to pin legislation on.
    Something to pin legislation on? Absolutely not. Something a politician should be removed from power over because they merely suggested such a thing? Also absolutely not (depending on context of course). In the case of this guy, yeah fuck him. The whole "rape and incest could be part of God's will" part takes it too far. His religious views have compromised his ability to properly govern.

7+ Year Old Account
    This fundie nutbag is the kind of shtheel who gives reasonable religious practicioners a bad name.

Believe whatever you want, and keep it out of your job unless you work for a religious institution or are a teacher covering it in history or something like that.

" When it comes to public policy, religion shouldn't have a place at the table." --- Christopher Reeve
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Lol, cracking me up. Laughing at you is not being emotional. It's me reacting to your "slander" comment - which is, ironically, laughable.
    You may be interested in learning that, up until 1843, the definition of slander in the UK did not necessarily include falsehoods. In France, this is still true to this day.

Your overuse of juvenile debate tactics betray a lack of substance as well as a deep-seated affinity for intellectual dishonesty.

I guess Oklahoma has fallen very far from the women's rights tree, then. Which is sad (but NOT laughable - see above). I'm also not sure how desperate you have to be to bring up legislative items from 100 years ago to defend such deplorable behavior in modern times. I guess you should be asking yourself if OK was so good 100 years ago, and they are so awful now, why are you defending them?
    I was merely trying to engage you on your own terms, hoping that respect would beget respect, but I now recognize that this was futile.

This is not a women's rights issue, but an ideological one - births are good for the economy, abortions not so much. Humans are animals that do what they have to do to survive, so there are worse injustices in the world than a baby born out of rape. I would go so far as to say that the incidences of rape-pregnancy are about as frequent as the incidences of crime and theft done by immigrants, legal or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    How is it sexism?
    Presumably by attributing the position he holds on the issue to his sex rather than any number of other qualities?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Rape can bring beauty from the ashes.

As in, children born from rape do not need to be tarnished by the actions of the person that created them. They were created much in the same way as any other animal on this planet is created. The same way we were created. With a sperm and an egg.

I don't think that life being beautiful is a good reason to stop a woman choosing what she does with her body, but I'm intrigued with why you highlighted that comment in your post title. I think that's the only sensible thing the guy said.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    this is an affront to the constitution.

separation of church and state has been violated with this bill, and it should be brought to court on that charge.
    It is very dubious that the bill actually mentions god in any way. It's probably not a violation. Laws can be passed with religious backing, but it cannot be based on a religion.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dittoooo View Post
    You may be interested in learning that, up until 1843, the definition of slander in the UK did not necessarily include falsehoods. In France, this is still true to this day.

Your overuse of juvenile debate tactics betray a lack of substance as well as a deep-seated affinity for intellectual dishonesty.
    You may be interested in learning even the basic definition of slander, which is obviously beyond your grasp - you sound like the U.S. President in your naivety. And the only intellectual dishonesty here is coming from you, as outlined by your own words:

I was merely trying to engage you on your own terms, hoping that respect would beget respect, but I now recognize that this was futile.
    No, you weren't. You're just saying that in an effort to use "juvenile debate tactics [that] betray a lack of substance . . . ." See what I did there? My degree in law wasn't even close to necessary to expose you as the charlatan you prove yourself to be. And that's not even taking into account your utter ignorance when it comes to basic terms like slander.

Your reference to a law passed almost a 100 years ago points to both your lack of modern understanding of women's rights along with a complete lack of perspective regarding the changing philosophies of governing bodies.

But let's move on to your most basic failure of understanding:

This is not a women's rights issue, but an ideological one - births are good for the economy, abortions not so much. Humans are animals that do what they have to do to survive, so there are worse injustices in the world than a baby born out of rape. I would go so far as to say that the incidences of rape-pregnancy are about as frequent as the incidences of crime and theft done by immigrants, legal or otherwise.
    Almost nothing in this mini-misogynistic diatribe is even remotely correct. Most of it is borne of outright ignorance and stupidity, combined with a healthly dose of misunderstanding the basic issues surround the abortion rights issue.

-it is a women's rights issue
    -births are neutral, not "good" or "bad"
    -humans aren't animals
    -the issue isn't the baby being born from rape, it's the woman
    -and you make up statistics without even understanding what you're talking about

But hey, have at it. It's ok to be wrong, and you seem to be very good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    It is very dubious that the bill actually mentions god in any way. It's probably not a violation. Laws can be passed with religious backing, but it cannot be based on a religion.
    that should be illegal. any and all religious connection to a law should be illegal, any and all references to your religion as a member of the government should be grounds for removal from your office as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Only good result from those would be if we castrated the guilty. But I do agree with the basic legislation's purpose.
    How do you castrate women rapists?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that should be illegal. any and all religious connection to a law should be illegal, any and all references to your religion as a member of the government should be grounds for removal from your office as well.
    I mean, I agree, but that's not how life works. God is all over every government in the world. You just have to tolerate it. Tolerance allows everyone to move forward without killing each other.

Does anyone member the separation of church and state? Oh I member. It was fantastic.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    This doesn't belong in 2017, maybe 1817?
    Seriously how can this even be discussed in this day and age?
    Cause fuck. Absolute fuck. We're fucked.

Quit playing for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Your reference to a law passed almost a 100 years ago points to both your lack of modern understanding of women's rights along with a complete lack of perspective regarding the changing philosophies of governing bodies.
    Your original premise was largely based around an attack on the moral character of the legislators of Oklahoma. In many areas of the world, these kind of allegations would not need to be false in order for them to fall within the legal definition of slander, and would land you in trouble.

My degree in law
    -births are neutral, not "good" or "bad"
    -humans aren't animals
    You have officially set the bar too low for me to reach. In most corners of the internet this would be the perfect time for a reaction GIF but, since your species is protected on this particular forum, I am going to have to bow out.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dittoooo View Post
    Your original premise was largely based around an attack on the moral character of the legislators of Oklahoma. In many areas of the world, these kind of allegations would not need to be false in order for them to fall within the legal definition of slander, and would land you in trouble.
    Do you even read what you write before you post it? Are you aware of the area of the world we ARE in? Specifically, what we are discussing? Because it doesn't appear that you do.

You I have officially set the bar too low for me anyone else to reach. In most corners of the internet this would be the perfect time for a reaction GIF but, since your species is protected on this particular forum, I am going to have to bow out.
    It's adorable that you ignore all the factual and intellectual mistakes you make and focus on more and more personal attacks. It's typical of people that are losing arguments.

(and fixed that for you)
    Last edited by cubby; 2017-03-24 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    How do you castrate women rapists?
    It's called a tubectomy. There is also chemical castration.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Or, you are too willing to see past the rape part, and how horrible the entire experience is, how violating it is, how life changing it is, etc. No one is callin you a misogynist here, so keep your victim act a home while people instead discuss the rights of actual victims.
    There is also abortion in the case of mental retardation, down syndrome, or any other unfavorable trait in the child. The vast majority of abortions do not occur from rape. Pro-choice advocates just like to use this as a red herring. At what point does pro-choice turn into eugenics?
    Last edited by Seani; 2017-03-24 at 10:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    At least they are consistent.

I mean they are still a douchenozzle, but at least a consistent douchenozzle.
    Which is oddly appropriate, since the nozzles of douches go inside vaginas, and that's exactly where they want government going.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    It's called a tubectomy. There is also chemical castration.

- - - Updated - - -

There is also abortion in the case of mental retardation, down syndrome, or any other unfavorable trait in the child. The vast majority of abortions do not occur from rape. Pro-choice advocates just like to use this as a red herring. At what point does pro-choice turn into eugenics?
    Abortion exists in general.