Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    Now we are comparing apples to oranges. Planned Parenthood is a publicly funded non-profit. It is completely tax exempt because of this. It's debatable whether Ford accepted government money in a bailout. I feel like if you support policy that finances Planned Parenthood, you should be able to form a cohesive argument about why it requires my tax dollars. Lets stay on topic here.
    Proper access to sexual education, prevention and abortion of unplanned/unwanted pregnancies is beneficial to the economy, which is tangibly beneficial to you.

Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Planned parenthood provides necessary health services to low income people (or higher income) and abortion is hardly a fraction of the costs. Tax dollars go to shit you dont want all the time. Im sick of the M.E wars, but lo and behold!
    You linked this article in a new thread, which is basically another pro-choice debate. I don't think you are sick of this topic at all. The argument that Sanger started Planned Parenthood as a platform for her Racial Eugenicist Ideology is a valid one. The idea of Planned Parenthood being affordable was necessary because she wanted minorities in America to be weened out of existence. This isn't hyperbole, her views are well documented.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Proper access to sexual education, prevention and abortion of unplanned/unwanted pregnancies is beneficial to the economy, which is tangibly beneficial to you.

Does that count?
    It isn't beneficial to me, so don't personalize this. In my opinion, by accepting this 'free' service, I feel like we are accepting a very harmful ideology.
    Last edited by Seani; 2017-03-25 at 12:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You linked this article in a new thread, which is basically another pro-choice debate. I don't think you are sick of this topic at all. The argument that Sanger started Planned Parenthood as a platform for her Racial Eugenicist Ideology is a valid one. The idea of Planned Parenthood being affordable was necessary because she wanted minorities in American to be weened out of existence. This isn't hyperbole, her views are well documented.
    So your argument is.... I dont like the founder

Despite the fact she really has no bearing on it today?

Interesting

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't hyperbole, her views are well documented.
    Walk away from the "pro-life" quote mining propaganda.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    The US was founded by slave owners... should I hate the US?

So your argument is.... I dont like the founder

Despite the fact she really has no bearing on it today?

Interesting
    My argument is that there is policy in place that allows the organization to receive my tax dollars. Planned Parenthood was not de-funded even after they were found selling fetal cadavers. Why?

- - - Updated - - -

The US was founded by slave owners... should I hate the US?
    I think you already do. And you are starting to look less like a Provocateur and more like a broken record.
    Last edited by Seani; 2017-03-25 at 12:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My argument is that there is policy in place that allows the organization to receive my tax dollars. Planned Parenthood was not de-funded even after they were found selling fetal cadavers. Why?

- - - Updated - - -

I think you already do.
    Well, I guess civil discussion is out the window.

Also wasnt that video shown to be bunk?

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Which is oddly appropriate, since the nozzles of douches go inside vaginas, and that's exactly where they want government going.
    So they not only found a size of government small enough to fit inside a vagina, but even thought of the shape? And the Trumpcare trainwreck got me thinking GOP was incompetent at governing. Maybe I should reconsider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because that was found to be a lie. A total fabrication. It had no basis in reality.

And PP isn't just given money nilly willy. They are being paid for services rendered to specific people who receive care via Medicaid.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Walk away from the "pro-life" quote mining propaganda.
    I haven't used any quotes.

I was ready to make a long-winded post about how much of an idiot this guy is -- and he is -- but then I stopped for a moment and read the article.

This is about a bill outlawing abortion of fetal abnormalities. Now I disagree with this bill to a big extent -- if a child is going to be born with a serious complication that will make them suffer their whole life, it can be merciful to prevent them from it, on a case by case basis -- but what in the hell does this have to do with rape or incest? And why did the article linked focus entirely on that topic? This feels like clickbait news report trying to rile people up about an issue that's not directly related to the bill being passed here.

Please correct me if I'm reading it wrong.

Well, I guess civil discussion is out the window.

Also wasnt that video shown to be bunk?
    I'm not familiar with this video. This was never a 'civil discussion,' as I have provided you with sources when you have asked for them, yet you haven't afforded me the same respect.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I can understand the sentiment behind people who say things like "beautiful things can come from rape".

I personally know a woman who was forced to carry a rapebaby to term and give birth, then take care of it because her family is that extreme nutso sect that doesn't even allow rape abortions. Her daughter is a beautiful young woman now who is still kinda trying to make ends meet, but is a good hard worker.

Of course for like the first 10 years of the kid's childhood, the mother was deeply depressed and often suicidal. And in many such cases the mother successfully commits suicide, succumbs to alcoholism/drug abuse for the rest of her life, or other terrible endings. And the child often finds out sooner or later that they were the product of rape, which itself leads to all kinds of mental anguish.

But rape babies are beautiful guis!
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not familiar with this video.
    Yet you're parroting the claims made by the video maker.

15+ Year Old Account
    It isn't beneficial to me, so don't personal this. In my opinion, by accepting this 'free' service, I feel like we are accepting a very harmful ideology.
    The benefits of living in a society with fewer kids that are unwanted/can't be afforded/interrupts education/neglected is not of any benefit to you?

Do you live in some isolated utopia?

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I was ready to make a long-winded post about how much of an idiot this guy is -- and he is -- but then I stopped for a moment and read the article.

This is about a bill outlawing abortion of fetal abnormalities. Now I disagree with this bill to a big extent -- if a child is going to be born with a serious complication that will make them suffer their whole life, it can be merciful to prevent them from it, on a case by case basis -- but what in the hell does this have to do with rape or incest? And why did the article linked focus entirely on that topic? This feels like clickbait news report trying to rile people up about an issue that's not directly related to the bill being passed here.

Please correct me if I'm reading it wrong.
    This is just another pro-choice head nodding exercise on this forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not familiar with this video. This was never a 'civil discussion,' as I have provided you with sources when you have asked for them, yet you haven't afforded me the same respect.
    For what? You proved my point that its not eugenics, but rather just exists. It hs been a civil discussion all along, but if you feel that I have been mean to you... thats your own issue

7+ Year Old Account
    My personal feeling is that there should be no restrictions whatsoever and no questions asked if a pregnant woman seeks an abortion within the first 20 weeks of pregnancy. That's like 5 months.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    The benefits of living in a society with fewer kids that are unwanted/can't be afforded/interrupts education/neglected is not of any benefit to you?

Do you live in some isolated utopia?
    It is arrogant to assume that your ideas are beneficial to everyone else. I don't support Socialized Medicine, because it creates conditions where medicine and services become unaffordable without government assistance. Eventually the system collapses.

- - - Updated - - -

For what? You proved my point that its not eugenics, but rather just exists. It hs been a civil discussion all along, but if you feel that I have been mean to you... thats your own issue
    I don't think I have inadvertently proved your point in any of my posts. If I have proved your point, what was it again? The premise of your argument changes quite a bit.
    Last edited by Seani; 2017-03-25 at 12:30 AM.

What. The. Fuck. If I had hackles, they'd be on full steam right about now. Low tolerance today I suppose, but Thrall's Balls this is just...disgusting.