Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How soon before the black flag flies over Canada?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I've argued with Endus before and didn't get so much as an infraction; this is an excuse. And address your counterpoints to him, not me. Do I look like a proxy?
    You're one of his ass-wipers though.

Coming from the guy who literally complained about 'No True Scotsman' a few posts prior.
    If you had bothered to read properly you'd have seen how that was mentioned preemptively in case someone wanted to be cute and name drop that fallacy. I showed later how, through the demonstration of numerous differences between Biblical Christianity and Catholic practices, that cannot be applied.

15+ Year Old Account
    "You're going to use a no true Scotsman fallacy!"

"Those other guys who are part of my religion doing things I don't like aren't really a part of my religion!"

Incrediable is always a joy to watch, like a train filled with klan members that derailed into five gasoline tankers.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    "You're going to use a no true Scotsman fallacy!"

"Those other guys who are part of my religion doing things I don't like aren't really a part of my religion!"

Incrediable is always a joy to watch, like a train filled with klan members that derailed into five gasoline tankers.
    Aaaaand another post empty of substance from you, showing you can't do context. Par for the course. It's like arguing with a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    You're one of his ass-wipers though.
    As if. I will note that the same guy that complained about intellectual dishonesty just resorted to a personal attack. That guy being you.

If you had bothered to read properly you'd have seen how that was mentioned preemptively in case someone wanted to be cute and name drop that fallacy. I showed later how, through the demonstration of numerous differences between Biblical Christianity and Catholic practices, that cannot be applied.
    Apologies for misreading that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

7+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't care less what color or gender someone is, or if they're gay or straight, or anything else. Those things are irrelevant to me.

Where I do draw the line is when people adopt an ideology (any ideology) that is antithetical (in its fundaments) to Western Liberal Democracy.

Even worse are those Westerners who are ashamed of their society and would surrender to such ideologies without a fight in the name of "diversity" and "tolerance."

" Islamophobia: a word created by fascists and used by cowards to manipulate morons." --- Christopher Hitchens
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    As if. I will note that the same guy that complained about intellectual dishonesty just resorted to a personal attack. That guy being you.
    A personal attack isn't the same thing as intellectual dishonesty but ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    A personal attack isn't the same thing as intellectual dishonesty but ok.
    It's not if you're simply launching an attack. But if you intended that as a response to my point, then it's an intellectually dishonest. Because instead of presenting a legitimate reason for why I didn't get infracted when others do, you addressed it by calling me an ass wiper.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    I couldn't care less what color or gender someone is, or if they're gay or straight, or anything else. Those things are irrelevant to me.

Where I do draw the line is when people adopt an ideology (any ideology) that is antithetical (in its fundaments) to Western Liberal Democracy.

Even worse are those Westerners who are ashamed of their society and would surrender to such ideologies without a fight in the name of "diversity" and "tolerance."

" Islamophobia: a word created by fascists and used by cowards to manipulate morons." --- Christopher Hitchens
    Most Muslims are not incapatable with western culture. No one had issues with Muhammad Ali or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar faith. Jihadists make up a small percent of Muslims worldwide and we don't paint Christianity on the actions of Westboro Church who are equally incapatable with Western culture.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Most Muslims are not incapatable with western culture. No one had issues with Muhammad Ali or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar faith. Jihadists make up a small percent of Muslims worldwide and we don't paint Christianity on the actions of Westboro Church who are equally incapatable with Western culture.
    Yes, the WBC are pricks.

No, your whataboutism argument doesn't score you any points.

I tend to agree with what I understand to be @Kalis viewpoint on the matter: when a large percentage of a subgroup in a country agrees with values antithetical to the culture they're residing in, there's a problem.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    There's nothing in there about blasphemy.
    Can you define Islamophobia for me? If it's about protecting the people who practice Islam, I'm all for it, although they should not be singled out from other religious groups for protection.

If it's about protecting the ideology of Islam from criticism, that's bullshit. We don't protect ideas from inquiry and critique in civilized society.

15+ Year Old Account
    I summon @GennGreymane. I know you avoid threads with religious discussions like they're the plague.

But I'm out of popcorn over here. Doesn't that take precedent?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    I summon @GennGreymane. I know you avoid threads with religious discussions like they're the plague.

But I'm out of popcorn over here. Doesn't that take precedent?
    I know nothing of canada

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post

- - - Updated - - -

This is a superb example of baiting, Endus really at the top of his game here. Tell someone they're wrong, but make it clear that any refutation will lead to infraction. The trap is laid! Will Blade Wolf take the bait? Oh, hook, line, and sinker!

Excellent work, really.

What a joke.
    Duh. Endus can bash religions, join Edge in calling people retarded in regards to political affiliation but god forbid someone says libtard which is an instant infraction, they can call Trump every name in the book but god forbid you call Trudeau or Merkel names, and best of all they can bash the US all day but the second someone says something mean about Canada/Germany/Sweden it's the ban hammer.

Meanwhile this guy is egged on to prove his point and states FACTS and is infracted by the very person that asked him to prove it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Post #13:

chars
    Except most people will call it for criticism as seen in earlier in the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently it needs to be said again: If you have a problem with moderation you take it up with a blue (global) moderator. Derailing threads with complaining only drives them off topic and in some cases to closure and a generous helping of infractions.

Let's keep on topic here instead.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    That wont stop people from spreading misinformation.
    My mistake, Its not explicitly illegal to criticize Islam in Canada, But if one does then the human rights council can determine it Hate-speech, which IS illegal. So it is a blasphemy law with an extra step.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2017-03-25 at 04:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    good old troll endus, posting like his word is gold
    If we didn't all have an inflated sense of the value of our opinions, we wouldn't post here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    If we didn't all have an inflated sense of the value of our opinions, we wouldn't post here.
    Not exactly true, at least a few posters exclusively shitpost. Don't even need opinions to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, question: I have strict anti-religion stance, that covers all religions, including buddhism and shinto.

So I am allowed to criticise all other religions in Canada, but not the Islam, is it correct?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    My mistake, Its not explicitly illegal to criticize Islam in Canada, But if one does then the human rights council can determine it Hate-speech, which IS illegal. So it is a blasphemy law with an extra step.
    Still not anything like a blasphemy law, and, to boot, a complete misrepresentation of what hate-speech law is, in Canada. Which covers calling for genocide of a given group, or spreading hateful propaganda, and that's about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sonololo View Post
    So, question: I have strict anti-religion stance, that covers all religions, including buddhism and shinto.

So I am allowed to criticise all other religions in Canada, but not the Islam, is it correct?
    You can criticise all of them, including Islam.

The issue you'll run into is that some people's definition of "criticise" includes blatantly prejudiced hate propaganda. These are the same kinds of people who would pass out pamphlets saying "Jewish greed will exterminate Christianity, we must rise up and exterminate this plague!" and then say "hey, I'm just CRITICISING". No, that's genocidal hate speech.