Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Nobody actually discusses my arguments about technocracy, but people have flawlessly knocked down many a strawman. :3
    What are your actual arguments against technocracy?

EDIT: Nevermind, read your post. Sounds kind of like, "They're not ACTUALLY educated and skilled, they're just pretending!" to be honest.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    What are your actual arguments against technocracy?

EDIT: Nevermind, read your post. Sounds kind of like, "They're not ACTUALLY educated and skilled, they're just pretending!" to be honest.
    They are educated, but education doesn't ensure more rational or enlightened leadership. I side with Johnathan Heidt's research, you get people who have greater capacity to rationalize their original bias, but it isn't as if they are more free of bias than others.

But thanks for not reading what I wrote. I appreciate that you took the time to skim what I wrote and say what you think. :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody actually discusses my arguments about technocracy, but people have flawlessly knocked down many a strawman. :3
    Considering your arguments are based on pure speculation about some future hypothetical since we have never had a technocracy, make nothing but assumptions based on no evidence, and come from a position of literal hatred of technocracy...

I can't possibly imagine why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    May the entire union crumble and fall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    You guys are leaving, why care?
    Or can't you stand it that it benefits other countries?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    They are educated, but education doesn't ensure more rational or enlightened leadership. I side with Johnathan Heidt's research, you get people who have greater capacity to rationalize their original bias, but it isn't as if they are more free of bias than others.

But thanks for not reading what I wrote. I appreciate that you took the time to skim what I wrote and say what you think. :3
    I actually did read the entire thing, and found that you were biased against the idea of intellectuals leading, what with your talk of it all being a lie and a scam (among other things).

That said, the examples you used aren't technocracy, they're still democracy. Technocracy would be searching through the myriad companies and credentials of people around the world and saying, "You, yes you, you have the most experience, training, knowledge, and skill when it comes to infrastructure and engineering. We want you to lead a Department to help restructure and update our crumbling roads, bridges, etc. in our government."

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Or can't you stand it that it benefits other countries?
    It benefits Germany only. It should crumble and fall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crumbling unions, hmm i guess the EU could contact the UK after scotland leaves you. I wonder how would you call that though scexit? Scexiteers?

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Crumbling unions, hmm i guess the EU could contact the UK after scotland leaves you. I wonder how would you call that though scexit? Scexiteers?
    In the unlikely event of that happening I'd wager the term used would be Scout, Scotland-Out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Considering your arguments are based on pure speculation about some future hypothetical since we have never had a technocracy, make nothing but assumptions based on no evidence, and come from a position of literal hatred of technocracy...

I can't possibly imagine why.
    Well my post in this thread, one of them, had specific current examples. But okay.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    If you want another insignificant country to leech off of you then sure, have them. They're a benefit to us, but they won't be much use to the EU on their own.

It might not ensure but god it does give 99.9% chance they are a lot more rational than the educated voter who has proven time and time again they vote with fear in their mind not rational ideas. There bye voting against their own interests or outright lies like "We're bringing jobs back even though a rational mind would realise they're never returning."

Sorry I'll trust rulership of a nation by educated people knowing what they are doing over the masses who mostly can't even tie their own shoelaces correctly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It might not ensure but god it does give 99.9% chance they are a lot more rational than the educated voter who has proven time and time again they vote with fear in their mind not rational ideas. There bye voting against their own interests or outright lies like "We're bringing jobs back even though a rational mind would realise they're never returning."

Sorry I'll trust rulership of a nation by educated people knowing what they are doing over the masses who mostly can't even tie their own shoelaces correctly.
    You've purely contradicted yourself, and actually Haidt's research suggests the exact opposite of what you are describing. They (The Technocrats) are as craven, biased and usually serving political or ideological objectives as much as anyone else.

I also cite Ibn Khaldun on this one, Charisma is far more effective at ruling a country than Intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    It benefits Germany only. It should crumble and fall.
    Russian propaganda sounds fun.

You've purely contradicted yourself, and actually Haidt's research suggests the exact opposite of what you are describing. They (The Technocrats) are as craven, biased and usually serving political or ideological objectives as much as anyone else.

I also cite Ibn Khaldun on this one, Charisma is far more effective at ruling a country than Intellect.
    What do you mean? And what's the model that is based on?

10+ Year Old Account
    ----

Why are we talking about technocracy when it has nothing to do with the topic?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Russian propaganda sounds fun.
    http://www.euractiv.com/section/heal...ises-eyebrows/

Big companies are selling better food in Austria than they sell in Hungary, even though the brands are supposed to be the same, the Hungarian government said yesterday (16 February).

Hungary’s food safety authority, NEBIH, looked at 24 products sold in both Hungary and Austria by international retailers like Lidl and Aldi. It found, among other things, that the local version of Manner wafers was less crunchy and the domestic Nutella not as mellow as the Austrian counterpart.

“I was dismayed upon reading this brief report,” Janos Lazar, Prime Minister Viktor Orbán’s chief of staff, told a news conference. “I think this is the biggest scandal of the recent past.”

Lazar said the government would begin a large-scale review of more products available in Hungary. He declined to say what specific action Budapest might take.

Hungary is not alone in its concern. Neighbouring Slovakia’s food quality watchdog said this week it had found differences in taste, look and composition in nearly a dozen products sold locally and in Germany and Austria.
    The EU already treats Eastern European members like second grade chattel. Feeding them with sub par waste. The EU needs to die so that people can stop this.

And I ask again for the 500th time. Replaced with what that allows Europe to compete at the world stage and not split apart by the major powers which would happen without some sort of European Unification?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    http://www.euractiv.com/section/heal...ises-eyebrows/

The EU already treats Eastern European members like second grade chattel. Feeding them with sub par waste. The EU needs to die so that people can stop this.
    I did not know north and west europe was just Germany. You're grasping at straws. Russian news is bad for your brain, its been proven.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    What do you mean? And what's the model that is based on?
    Ibn Khaldun's assessment of wise or intellectual people as rulers was that they tended to make bad decisions on the whole because they either were no better than any other leader, or they were so cerebral that they tended to wish to generalize situations and systematize problems when really they are individual and specific.

Thus, in all their intellectual activity, scholars are accustomed to dealing with matters of the mind and with thoughts. They do not know anything else. Politicians, on the other hand, must pay attention to the facts of the outside world and the conditions attaching to and depending on (politics). (These facts and conditions) are obscure. They may contain some (element) making it impossible to refer them to something like and similar, or contradicting the universal (idea) to which one would like them to conform. The conditions existing in civilization cannot (always) be compared with each other. They may be alike in one respect, but they may differ in other respects.

(Now,) scholars are accustomed to generalizations and analogical conclusions. When they look at politics, they press (their observations) into the mold of their views and their way of making deductions. Thus, they commit many errors, or (at least) they cannot be trusted (not to commit errors). The intelligent and alert (segment) of civilized people falls into the same category as (scholars). Their penetrating minds drive them toward a searching occupation with ideas, analogy,and comparison, as is the case with jurists. Thus, they (too) commit errors.

The average person of a healthy disposition and a mediocre intelligence has not got the mind for (such speculation) and does not think of it. Therefore, he restricts himself to considering every matter as it is, and to judging every kind of situation and every type of individual by its particular (circumstances). His judgment is not infected with analogy and generalization. Most of his speculation stops at matters perceivable by the senses, and he does not go beyond them in his mind, like a swimmer who stays in the water near the shore, as the poet says:
    Do not go out too deep when swimming. Safety lies near the shore.
    Such a man, therefore, can be trusted when he reflects upon his political activities. He has the right outlook in dealing with his fellow men.