Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Things you might not know about 7.2

This is just a small compilation of things that are less known about 7.2, because I got tired of people being surprised every time I bring them up.

1) Tomb of Sargeras raid will come after another patch, most likely 7.2.5. Source: https://youtu.be/kpLwCPBFffk?t=2252 We can expect larger class changes and class balance done in this patch, as well as last minute item changes (set bonuses, trinkets, stat allocation), similar to how it was in Nighthold and 7.1.5.

2) You get at least a 1% dmg increase right away, if you have at least 36 traits. Old 54 = +14.5% dmg, new 36 = +15.5% dmg. This means that if your alts have 36 now, they will be even stronger than as if they had 54 now. Aside from this, if you are currently at 54, you will have 3 more points to spend, it's up to you if you choose to go for the new 4/4 trait for your spec or if you choose to add additional point to your old 3/4 traits.

3) You get AK 26 from completing a bunch of quests on the Broken Shore. This AK increases your AP gained by 4 times compared to AK 25. After that, each AK requires 500 resources and 5 days again and increases AP gained by 30% (so you get 30% more than last 5 days every 5 days). 37th trait now costs 10 million AP and then each trait is also 30% more expensive than the one before. This is a much more exponential growth compared to old trait costs, but as you can see, AK is designed to make you keep up with the growth.

4) There will be 3 new mythic plus options: Lower Kara, Upper Kara and Cathedral of Eternal Night. So far, I'm not sure anyone knows exactly how Kara m+ looks, as it's closed on PTR and I haven't been able to find any footage from earlier builds (if it was even open at any time).

5) Difficulty of mythic dungeons is increased by 30%, or at least the health of enemies currently is on PTR. As this is the base used to calculate the damage and health of all mythic+ enemies, that means that all m+ will be tuned higher as well. Here is a simple chart:

As you can see, new mythic dungeons are slightly harder than current +4 dungeons. Current +15 is slightly harder than new +11, etc. But since Tyrannical and Fortified were also nerfed, the difficulty of keys above +10 will change completely.

6) Rewards from dungeons are increased. Heroic dungeons now reward 845 base item level, mythic dungeons reward base item level of 865. EDIT: Updated rewards have been posted by Blizzard. Reward goes up every 2 levels of mythic+, up to a cap of 890 in mythic+10, see more on https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753795211

7) Item level cap is staying at 925 for the time being. It will most likely increase with ToS release again. Newly dropped legendaries are still 940, even though dungeon journal showed them at 970 a few builds ago - again, we will probably get to upgrade them once ToS comes.

That's it for my simple list of changes that I found people were often not aware of. If you think I missed something important that was not covered by blues before, feel free to post it.
    Last edited by Cracked; 2017-03-26 at 11:43 AM.

Thumbs up for the info.

10+ Year Old Account
    All good changes imo.

Looking forward to patch 7.2 greatly.

Thanks for the post. I knew there were some changes to mythic/mythic+, but had no idea exactly what they were.

With patch releasing next week, the 925 from weekly chest looks intended, but still seems weird to me.

Really good post, I didn't actually know a few of these, and I definitely didn't know the dungeon stuff. Very helpful!

But they did just put an update in saying it caps at 10. So end of week chests should be 905 Still cool though.

I am surprised the OP did not get more replies. Thanks for being informative. Cheers.

8) WQ base iLvl rewards (and I think Emissaries too) are being bumped up to ~865 max.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

If you do a +10 or higher this week youll get a 905 item in your cache next week when the patch goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimnakh View Post
    If you do a +10 or higher this week youll get a 905 item in your cache next week when the patch goes live.
    If only there was a way of getting into M+ ... no-one has been interested for at least 2-3 weeks

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    If only there was a way of getting into M+ ... no-one has been interested for at least 2-3 weeks
    Premade groups...? I pugged a +15 every week and will continue to pug +10s every week in 7.2 using Premade groups...

Your server's interest may be lacking, but that doesn't mean people don't want to do it.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Premade groups...?
    Yeah, Arcane Mage here ... not welcome ... also had been stuck at 889 iLvl for the last month (Only JUST got to 890) meaning I didn't even see most of the 10+ groups.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Yeah, Arcane Mage here ... not welcome ... also had been stuck at 889 iLvl for the last month (Only JUST got to 890) meaning I didn't even see most of the 10+ groups.
    Then start your own group or change specs. You said "no one was interested", now suddenly it's "people have a problem with my spec or iLvl".

I gave you a solution to your original problem. Now you're giving me a new-and-different problem that's 100% unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Then start your own group or change specs. You said "no one was interested", now suddenly it's "people have a problem with my spec or iLvl".
    Not a healer or tank, so starting own group is pointless.
    Also - was referring to guild with "no one is interested" ... sorry for confusion, NH raids 7 days ...

Not a healer or tank, so starting own group is pointless.
    Also - was referring to guild with "no one is interested" ... sorry for confusion, NH raids 7 days ...
    Now it's really obvious you're just complaining for the sake of it. It's easy to make your own groups as a dps.

I'm a hunter, I make a ton of my own groups. With no issue at all. Have some patience.

Deleted
    It's a 0,5% damage increase btw ^^ not a 1% it brings you from 14,5% to 15%

Quote Originally Posted by kayusa View Post
    It's a 0,5% damage increase btw ^^ not a 1% it brings you from 14,5% to 15%
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...10-pet-damage/ he probably got that from this, which counteracts itself in the post. And is very confusing :P

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Now it's really obvious you're just complaining for the sake of it.
    Wasn't complaining - was just stating some facts.

There is zero point in starting my own group as a DPS... nothing ever comes of it.

Wasn't complaining - was just stating some facts.

There is zero point in starting my own group as a DPS... nothing ever comes of it.
    That's not a fact though. At all. As a dps I constantly make my own groups. You're clearly just not trying.

High Overlord Dahlia Dawnseeker's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the informative post. I am, believe it or not, mostly surprised about the 5 man heroic and mythic(0) ilvl getting increased. As a casual with an ilv900 main and the closest alt being at 860 ilvl, that might actually make me gear other alts for a change.