Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Stop making excuses. Two relics or not you should not be barely pulling over WoD dps at 835.

I find it amusing how it's ok for people to do trash DPS in LFR but if 1 healer is in DPS spec it's the end of the frigging world yet that thing could be 3 healed.
    Perhaps you should level a new alt to 110 and get to 835 and then post logs of you doing 200k+ dps with that char.

I have several chars and do close to optimal rotations on each one and it's not easy to do 200k with shit stats and no third relic. The third relic is a huge boost in damage, while it's not a huge boost in overall ilvl.

Last night I did it on my shadow priest who is 850, but it has incredibly low haste, terrible trinkets and my weapon is 810, I did 198k. I'm not an expert priest, have barely played it and have 0 legendaries, but you shouldn't need to be able to execute the rotation perfectly and have legendaries to do some shitty lfr.

In my experience most wipes are caused by people not knowing what to do, so they die early, not because of some people doing "low" dps. There's also a reason for the determination buff you get for each wipe, and having done all LFRs as soon as they were released, I've only reached 5 stacks of determination twice, once on archimonde, once on gul'dan, so seems to be working as intended.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nspeil View Post
    it is actually how this system works. kicking low dps/ilvl is justice and designed that way.
    If only it were that simple. Once 5 people have decided to votekick someone, the ui will ask the raid to kick that person.
    Now here is the part where it gets less simple: people click to vote people just to click away the screen, instead of actually deciding whether that person deserves a vote kick. Has anyone tried counting the amount of times a votekick failed in lfr?
    Thought experiment:
    - join lfr with 4 of your friends
    - wait til someone says you or your friends need to be kicked.
    - votekick that person with your 4 friends.
    - person complaining gets a majority vote to accept or decline the kick.
    Now tell me, do you think if the majority will take a look and see who they're actually kicking?
    I think not, for the simple reason that people are lazy, especially in lfr. It is too much effort to take 1 or 2 seconds to verify that you're kicking the right person.

10+ Year Old Account
    if they would take out the inventive for higher tier raiders to queue lfr this wouldn't be an issue for anyone. why blizzard has to lump everyone into dumpster mode and say go is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    Perhaps you should level a new alt to 110 and get to 835 and then post logs of you doing 200k+ dps with that char.

I have several chars and do close to optimal rotations on each one and it's not easy to do 200k with shit stats and no third relic. The third relic is a huge boost in damage, while it's not a huge boost in overall ilvl.

Last night I did it on my shadow priest who is 850, but it has incredibly low haste, terrible trinkets and my weapon is 810, I did 198k. I'm not an expert priest, have barely played it and have 0 legendaries, but you shouldn't need to be able to execute the rotation perfectly and have legendaries to do some shitty lfr.

In my experience most wipes are caused by people not knowing what to do, so they die early, not because of some people doing "low" dps. There's also a reason for the determination buff you get for each wipe, and having done all LFRs as soon as they were released, I've only reached 5 stacks of determination twice, once on archimonde, once on gul'dan, so seems to be working as intended.
    Again stop making excuses. If you are 835 with 2 relics you should be pulling more. I would have initiated a VTK for you with 198k DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    If you kill the boss quickly enough you don't need to do all the mechanics, if you do the mechanics perfectly with low dps you still wipe.

DPS> Mechanics for LFR easily
    Maybe I should of been a little more clear, DPS wasn't the issue with the above post I made. The attempts we did, had more than enough DPS, people pushing upwards 750k, with only3-5 below 200.

Our issue was people were ignoring the mechanics specifically the eyes, (I'm pretty sure a lot of the top damage dealers were ignoring them too) and we were wiping because the eyes were duplicating, we had 8 up on one attempt.

As I also said, this is the first boss you can't ignore mechanics (in LFR), you ignore those eyes it doesn't matter what your pulling, the empowered ones will wipe the raid. I didn't mean LFR in general you only need damage, just Gul'dan. You can perfectly ignore hellfire and bonds on him but not the eyes, and there is no way you can DPS fast enough to skip the eye mechanics,

Again stop making excuses. If you are 835 with 2 relics you should be pulling more. I would have initiated a VTK for you with 198k DPS.
    Lol, again you can't come up with any proof of anything. The top DPS shadow priest around that ilvl with a weapon that is 60 ilvls higher, was only doing slightly more according to warcraft logs, so that just proves you're full of shit. Perhaps stay out of LFR if you can't deal with it.

I don't like LFR and I don't like people who fuck up on easy shit or can't even do half the dps they should, but people like you are even worse than those people. You're basically expecting people to be pretty much better than 100th percentile parsers in fucking LFR. Quite ridiculous.

Lol, again you can't come up with any proof of anything. The top DPS shadow priest around that ilvl with a weapon that is 60 ilvls higher, was only doing slightly more according to warcraft logs, so that just proves you're full of shit. Perhaps stay out of LFR if you can't deal with it.

I don't like LFR and I don't like people who fuck up on easy shit or can't even do half the dps they should, but people like you are even worse than those people. You're basically expecting people to be pretty much better than 100th percentile parsers in fucking LFR. Quite ridiculous.
    Nope just expecting you to perform for you item level. Again I would have booted you for 198k DPS. But sure play the victim card and claim it's "elitism" that you were kicked for subpar DPS. It's cool. Only card you really got to play here.

Nope just expecting you to perform for you item level. Again I would have booted you for 198k DPS. But sure play the victim card and claim it's "elitism" that you were kicked for subpar DPS. It's cool. Only card you really got to play here.
    Well, logs proves that I'm right while you haven't come up with anything to back up your claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    if they would take out the inventive for higher tier raiders to queue lfr this wouldn't be an issue for anyone. why blizzard has to lump everyone into dumpster mode and say go is beyond me.
    Hehe, if blizzard removes incenitive for actual raiders to do lfr, lfr crowd won't kill anything at all even at 10 determination stacks. So, if lfr crowd can't kill shit, they decline subs. And since the majority of wow players belong to lfr crowd, blizzard have to force raiders to boost noobs (just calling things their names).

Although, I have to mention that NH is absurdly hard tuned in all of the difficulties, if you run them without wild overgearing.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Well, logs proves that I'm right while you haven't come up with anything to back up your claims.
    well, logs proves that I'm right while you haven't come up with anything to back up your claims. LFR isn't designed for ilvl-835 players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Hehe, if blizzard removes incenitive for actual raiders to do lfr, lfr crowd won't kill anything at all even at 10 determination stacks. So, if lfr crowd can't kill shit, they decline subs. And since the majority of wow players belong to lfr crowd, blizzard have to force raiders to boost noobs (just calling things their names).
    They need kill LFR asap. It has done tons of damage to this game, just like arena. I believe it will do more damage in the future. Even blizz still bribes people for doing this, it will become more and more toxic and finally die.

"Kick everyone under 200k DPS" is a great example why LFR doesn't work.
    Last edited by nspeil; 2017-03-26 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    No, Blizzard shouldn't be the ones controlling what goes on in raid groups. It's up to the group to decide what happens.
    There's a case to be made for automatic penalities in LFR though. A group made totally of randoms may not be as willing to spend the effort to weed out those deliberately slacking.

Having reward be affected by performance (relative to their current gear, perhaps) could also be useful.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post

Although, I have to mention that NH is absurdly hard tuned in all of the difficulties, if you run them without wild overgearing.
    not true, they would nerf it. they don't need to right now though because their idea of balance is let 5 players carry the other 25.

not true, they would nerf it. they don't need to right now though because their idea of balance is let 5 players carry the other 25.
    TBH, LFR NH is too EASY compared to LFR HFC. No reason to nerf it, they need buff LFR ToS.

Deleted
    TBH, LFR NH is too EASY compared to LFR HFC. No reason to nerf it, they need buff LFR ToS.
    Say that to the guys staying in the laser beam in p1 Guldan or breaking their bonds alone...

15+ Year Old Account
    You are completely wrong. Try to sim a character with that gear. 200k isn't a given based on class, RNG and movement required.

- - - Updated - - -

well, logs proves that I'm right while you haven't come up with anything to back up your claims. LFR isn't designed for ilvl-835 players.
    Blizzard should raise the ilvl requirement or nerf the boss HP then.

Nerf? How do you nerf something for people who die in a pool of fire (which deals like 150k per tick) while having 2mil HP?

LFR was a blizzard's mistake from start. They tried to pump raiding content into people who never were eligible for doing raiding content. Here is the results of their honest work. The culprit here is blizzard's laziness and greed, not wanting to create different content for different groups of players.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    hc dungeons where you get +15% on your dps and most of the fights are aoe on 3-4 trashgroups? Impressive....
    Many commenter forget the 3rd slot in weapon which is a huge impact on dps...on my balance druid sure, i can hit 200k with cd, hell even 300k with a few lucky crits, on ST but after? going down slowly...

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...on=2&bracket=2

according to this, the 845-847 doing up to 300k in lfr on guldan, the vast majority is 250k-ish...
    I mean on world rares etc. in dungeons i can do 250-300k depending on fight

it is a frost DK tho and i have been told they are pretty strong right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    You are completely wrong. Try to sim a character with that gear. 200k isn't a given based on class, RNG and movement required.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard should raise the ilvl requirement or nerf the boss HP then.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...&itemlevel=835

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    That's why you don't touch anything, so you don't appear on recount.
    you obviously don't have recount. If i see your activity under 40 you're getting kicked.

i think I should make an addon to auto-kick low dps players.