Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    And they cant.
    Me, I'm guaranteed a right to vote for life, even if i move, but you know, the rest of the EU doesn't have that magical level of UK democracy.
    Well, same for me basically unless I were to change my citizenship to something stupid and give up my old one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    With respect to EU migrants to the UK they are the very definition of refugees.

/snip/.
    Wow, that's some next level bigotry there, mister.

Oh well, let's see what happens to your country after you get rid of all the migrants...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Wow, that's some next level bigotry there, mister.
    You don't understand the meaning of the word. It is delicious on occasion as an Englishman educating Europeans forced to communicate in English, but really basic stuff like that should have been done back in school. If you went.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Oh well, let's see what happens to your country after you get rid of all the migrants...
    No one said anything about repatriation of EU refugees currently in the UK, other than Merkel seems to have decided they must return to their home countries. I am sort of with her on this, look at how the EU has decimated the Baltic States - each losing almost a million people since EU membership. That might be fine if taken from the whole spectrum of demographics. But it hasn't been has it. Anyone who can breed, with something about them under 50, not disabled and with a pulse has left westwards leaving only the elderly and infirm behind. How long before the EU goes Greek on them demanding money with menaces that the pensioners left behind can ill afford to pay? Does the EU find it acceptable that in all likelihood the Baltics will just die out?

The EU has been catastrophic for all its peripheral countries, the further from Berlin, the direr the consequences.

That's not bigotry, that is fact.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

With respect to EU migrants to the UK they are the very definition of refugees.

synonyms: displaced person, DP, escapee, fugitive, asylum seeker, runaway, exile, émigré, stateless person, outcast, returnee; informalreffo
    "she had fled to England as a refugee"

And 3 million runaways have recently fled from the EU to safety in the UK.
    Meanwhile in the real world (that you wouldn't recognize even if it hit you in your lying face with a baseball bat), this is horseshit. If you weren't busy spewing abject nonsense, you'd have noticed the last part of what you quoted. Moving to UK isn't "escaping" EU. Simply repeating your bullcrap isn't a substantiation of your argument. No one "fled" because people didn't move to escape from anything and because moving from one part of EU to another part of EU isn't fleeing EU even if that was one's motivation. People moving to UK from Germany or Poland aren't runaways any more than people who move to London from Glasgow or Liverpool.

And here's minimum standards definition of a refugee as established by Art. 2c of Directive No. 2004/83/EC for your ignorant ass:
    a third country national who, owing to a well-founded fear of being persecuted for reasons of race, religion, nationality, political opinion or membership of a particular social group, is outside the country of nationality and is unable or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to avail himself or herself of the protection of that country, or a stateless person, who, being outside of the country of former habitual residence for the same reasons as mentioned above, is unable or, owing to such fear, unwilling to return to it, and to whom Article 12 does not apply
    EU citizens don't fit the criteria for numerous reasons, starting with the "third country national" part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    from wikipedia
    "in English, the term refugee derives from the root word refuge, from Old French refuge"
    as an italian it is really delightful to tell you that most of the words that you use are not really english words...

No one said anything about repatriation of EU refugees currently in the UK, other than Merkel seems to have decided they must return to their home countries. I am sort of with her on this, look at how the EU has decimated the Baltic States - each losing almost a million people since EU membership. That might be fine if taken from the whole spectrum of demographics. But it hasn't been has it. Anyone who can breed, with something about them under 50, not disabled and with a pulse has left westwards leaving only the elderly and infirm behind. How long before the EU goes Greek on them demanding money with menaces that the pensioners left behind can ill afford to pay? Does the EU find it acceptable that in all likelihood the Baltics will just die out?

The EU has been catastrophic for all its peripheral countries, the further from Berlin, the direr the consequences.

Reminds me of how the USSR relocated people to the Siberia so all those lands could flourish. /s

Migration has always been a thing, you're just more aware of it now since DailyMail is shoving their 'shocking' stories down your throat on a daily basis. Therefore - it's your opinion that it's bad and it's not a fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

You don't understand the meaning of the word. It is delicious on occasion as an Englishman educating Europeans forced to communicate in English, but really basic stuff like that should have been done back in school. If you went.
    Given how your only substantiation of EU nationals moving to UK somehow meeting the meaning of the word is you just calling them runaways without any basis in reality, you're throwing rocks in glass houses.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Meanwhile in the real world (that you wouldn't recognize even if it hit you in your lying face with a baseball bat), this is horseshit. If you weren't busy spewing abject nonsense, you'd have noticed the last part of what you quoted. Moving to UK isn't "escaping" EU. Simply repeating your bullcrap isn't a substantiation of your argument. No one "fled" because people didn't move to escape from anything and because moving from one part of EU to another part of EU isn't fleeing EU even if that was one's motivation. People moving to UK from Germany or Poland aren't runaways any more than people who move to London from Glasgow or Liverpool.

And here's minimum standards definition of a refugee as established by Art. 2c of Directive No. 2004/83/EC for your ignorant ass:

EU citizens don't fit the criteria for numerous reasons, starting with the "third country national" part.
    That minimum or narrowest standard is very convenient for the EU, however the rest of the world defines one a little more broadly along the lines of -
    If it looks like a refugee, acts like a refugee, walks like a refugee and smells like a refugee it probably is a refugee.

Europe is currently taking in millions of refugees from the Middle East looking for a better life, Britain has and is until Brexit taking in millions of refugees from Europe looking for a better life. Same difference and definition really,only geography varies, lets not be pedantic.

Quote Originally Posted by sguarada View Post
    from wikipedia
    "in English, the term refugee derives from the root word refuge, from Old French refuge"
    as an italian it is really delightful to tell you that most of the words that you use are not really english words...
    Hmmm was there an Italian word in there I missed? Forced to communicate in English in other words. Perhaps the French did originate the word refugee and the Italians gave Pizza. Well done, good job but how many globally speak French these days? Italian the same.

Thats why the world speaks English, bit like the EU really, gives the odd shitty word from the past here and there, but with the clue in the name English gave the world English.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account

Hmmm was there an Italian word in there I missed? Forced to communicate in English in other words. Perhaps the French did originate the word refugee and the Italians gave Pizza. Well done, good job but how many globally speak French these days? Italian the same.

Thats why the world speaks English, bit like the EU really, gives the odd shitty word from the past here and there, but with the clue in the name English gave the world English.
    The world speaks english because the US is a big player internationally, they were the manufacturing powerhouse after the European economy collapsed after WW2 and their products exported their language. They also installed american companies here through the marshall act to stem the tide of the USSR trying to destabilize and claim more of Europe during a highly unstable time.

We later on were even more influenced or actually through the entire time by their popular culture and this is a trend that continued to happen and is still visible today to see how many Hollywood productions dominated the big screen.

Blind nationalistic pride is good for nothing. Also a large part of Africa especially northern speaks French and Afrikaans is language made up out of many languages from Europe.

Where did you get your history lessons?

For someone who corrects someone else on language, you sure as fuck don't know the difference between refugee and immigrant. Look it up, without it, you look quite the fool making those statements.

- - - Updated - - -

If it looks like a refugee, acts like a refugee, walks like a refugee and smells like a refugee it probably is a refugee.
    If it looks like a bigot, acts like a bigot, walks like a bigot and smells like a bigot, it probably is a bigot.

- - - Updated - - -

Europe is currently taking in millions of refugees from the Middle East looking for a better life, Britain has and is until Brexit taking in millions of refugees from Europe looking for a better life. Same difference and definition really,only geography varies, lets not be pedantic.
    Britain has taken 20,000 refugees. What you call refugees? The correct word is immigrant. Fucking learn your own language.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Its sad really to be proud of its own ignorance and lack of culture.

Why couldn't you say something like "thanks, i didn't know that", instead of flexing your first language muscle and take pride is something that is not really something you could control (where you born, what is your mother tongue).

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    Its sad really to be proud of its own ignorance and lack of culture.

Why couldn't you say something like "thanks, i didn't know that", instead of flexing your first language muscle and take pride is something that is not really something you could control (where you born, what is your mother tongue).
    His actual mistake is that he thinks he's superior because we're discussing it in his mother tongue. He doesn't get that a dude from Italy or France may actually have a better point but has to translate it into a foreign language for him to understand. Even the slightest semantic mishap during that translation will be exploited to discredit whoever made that argument. That's his fallacy. And that's why I think we should get rid of English as an official language for Europe as soon as the UK is outside.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    For someone who corrects someone else on language, you sure as fuck don't know the difference between refugee and immigrant. Look it up, without it, you look quite the fool making those statements.

Britain has taken 20,000 refugees. What you call refugees? The correct word is immigrant. Fucking learn your own language.
    I don't need to look it up, I and my countrymen write the guides that you and others use to learn my language. What part of "The English give the world English" didn't you get?

The clue there is in your reply. It is not your language so from an Englishman to a foreigner with a strange barely used insignificant native tongue, to correct your lack of education, in English the correct word is refugee.

And Britain has taken more than 3 million EU refugees from EU countries not 20,000.

As you are forced without choice to communicate in English, stop looking like a fool and attempt to get it right.

And that's why I think we should get rid of English as an official language for Europe as soon as the UK is outside.
    Whatever you use instead will be like choosing linux over microsoft, incompatible with the rest of the world, buggy and difficult to understand. But feel free, another EU fail if you do!
    Last edited by dribbles; 2017-03-27 at 11:02 AM.

I don't need to look it up, I and my countrymen write the guides that you and others use to learn my language. What part of "The English give the world English" didn't you get?

The clue there is in your reply. It is not your language so from an Englishman to a foreigner with a strange barely used insignificant native tongue, to correct your lack of education, in English the correct word is refugee.

And Britain has taken more than 3 million EU refugees from EU countries not 20,000.

As you are forced without choice to communicate in English, stop looking like a fool and attempt to get it right.
    And still you can't speak your own language and call EU citizens refugees. That's so cute. I get it, you're just using it in a lax manner to insult whoever is coming to the UK. But I'm talking legal status here. None of the EU countries qualify as an "unsafe" country per the Geneva refugee convention. By definition no EU citizen can, legally, be a refugee.

What's that you're saying? I'm using your language wrong? Look up the legal text if you don't believe me. But be careful, it's in English and has some mighty big words in it. Better grab your dictionairy while you're at it. You're obviously going to need it, as your reading comprehension leaves something to be desired...

7+ Year Old Account
    dictionairy
    It's you who ought to consult a dictionary.

[Infracted - Minor Spam]
    Last edited by Annoying; 2017-03-27 at 01:30 PM.

It's you who ought to consult a dictionary.
    And there we go. I'm quite literally destroying your argument, making you look like a fool and all you can come back with is a spelling mistake. :P

So pathetic... but I can respect that. Thanks for pointing it out, one less mistake I will be making in the future. Alas, you don't seem to learn the lessons yourself.

I'm using your language wrong?
    Are you sure it is even his language?
    He could be from Russia, trying to make the UK look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Are you sure it is even his language?
    He could be from Russia, trying to make the UK look bad.
    How can he make the UK look bad like that? Every country has simpletons, that doesn't mean the country is bad.

All he does is ruin his own personal reputation. :P

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Back on topic, I think the UK is making a mistake to leave the EU, i think the EU can become, if it's not already is, a massive economical, financial, cultural and military power in this world, able to stand up against giant like USA or china, while individually, its members are too small to have any significant negotiating or influential power.

Nonetheless, one has to acknowledge a nation's right to its sovereignty, so the british people have voted and the UK will leave the EU. While there is not reason why the UK wouldn't remain a trading partner, an ally and a friendly nation, it will no longer be one of our own, and no slack should be given, the EU has to look after its own interest now.

I may not be alive to see it, but it'll be funny if 40-50 years from now, the UK actually ask back in, like they did in 1973. I wonder if the EU would remember then.

That minimum or narrowest standard is very convenient for the EU, however the rest of the world defines one a little more broadly along the lines of -
    The rest of the world defines it via 1951 UN Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees. Which uses pretty much the same definition. Who would have imagined that you have no clue on the topic

Which you still haven't established.

Europe is currently taking in millions of refugees from the Middle East looking for a better life, Britain has and is until Brexit taking in millions of refugees from Europe looking for a better life.
    Except for the part it has not.

Same difference and definition really,only geography varies.
    Uh-huh. Except, as I pointed out, the geography aspect was just one of the reasons for why EU nationals don't fit the definition of a refugee. So this post of yours applies to you:
    You don't understand the meaning of the word. Basic stuff like that should have been done back in school. If you went.
    It still requires fear of persecution for discriminatory reasons and inability or unwillingness due to the aforementioned fear to use protective measures provided by their country of origin. These criteria are not met in case of migration. You are still clueless and this flailing of yours is quite frankly pathetic.

lets not be pedantic
    It's like nailing diarrhea to a wall.

Congrats on your fallacious reasoning.

The clue there is in your reply. It is not your language so from an Englishman to a foreigner with a strange barely used insignificant native tongue, to correct your lack of education,
    And which part of Slant's post is supposed to be this clue? Because nothing there supports your claim.

in English the correct word is refugee.
    Even your previous "proof" shows this claim of yours is dogshit.

Still wrong, no matter how many times you repeat this idiocy.

Is being the living embodiment of "don't throw stones in glasshouses" saying some sort of a fetish of yours?