Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Silly Gameplay Complications on Argus

Will Demon Hunter characters permanently die on Argus?

Are there Spirit Healers on Argus to ressurect us other players?

Will Warlocks eventually run out of Demons to summon?

I don't think I can think of anything else affected by our characters not being on Azeroth, funny to think about though.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post

I don't think I can think of anything else affected by our characters not being on Azeroth, funny to think about though.

Nothing you mentioned has to do with being on Azeroth. Or did you forget BC?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Outland wasnt fully in the nether.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Outland wasnt fully in the nether.

If this was a reply to me. Neither is Argus.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Probably not. We didn't die on Marduum, which is at least as corrupted as Argus; indeed, if we chose to sacrifice ourselves, Illidan curiously mentions that we have an immortal soul like his.

2) I think Spirit Healers largely exist as a game mechanic; there's all of one that exists in the storyline and her presence is largely relegated to a one-off joke about being some nutty old Blue's ex. So yes, they'll be on Argus; the lore will simply treat it like our heroes don't die there.

3) Maybe. There's evidence in one of the Legion order hall questlines that show there are free-willed demons out there who broke away from the Legion; most of them were with the Illidari as Illidan used the Well of Souls or whatever it was called to break the Legion's hold and their fel addiction. So warlocks might be drawing on those rogue populations, hence why none of our demons take the opportunity to shout a warning to their buddies when we open fire. Mind, this is entirely speculation based on what we now know thanks to the Order Hall questlines.

4) These aren't necessarily reliant on us being on Azeroth, mind; we don't have any of these problems on Marduum, in Shadowmoon Valley (Outland), or in Tanaan Jungle and those are all fel-scarred shitholes, too.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Argus has specifically been mentioned as a place so infused with fel and practically overlapping the Nether that demons will die forever there. It's one of the reasons we're going there to fight them, otherwise it would be a dangerous waste of time (Outland hasn't been specified, and at least had some life on it).

Spirit healers were mentioned in the Chronicle as val'kyr who didn't get trapped and decided to help people, although this was obviously a bit of a fun off-hand remark.

Gameplay and story segregation are going to be at their height, but it's still a fun topic to discuss. There was also that thread that pointed out how druids and shaman shouldn't work at all (Argus could have its own elements, obviously, but something tells me they wouldn't exactly in a good state).
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2017-03-26 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    Argus has specifically been mentioned as a place so infused with fel and practically overlapping the Nether that demons will die forever there. It's one of the reasons we're going there to fight them, otherwise it would be a dangerous waste of time (Outland hasn't been specified, and at least had some life on it).

Spirit healers were mentioned in the Chronicle as val'kyr who didn't get trapped and decided to help people, although this was obviously a bit of a fun off-hand remark.

Gameplay and story segregation are going to be at their height, but it's still a fun topic to discuss. There was also that thread that pointed out how druids and shaman shouldn't work at all (Argus could have its own elements, obviously, but something tells me they wouldn't exactly in a good state).
    Yeh the Druid and Shaman one is good too. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Argus is fel saturated like hell. Outland was not.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

The idol of the windchime also tells the player that they have to hurry back to their body. Maybe the difference is the spirit walk speed boost. We have it and the full on demons don't so they can't get back in time.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Argus is fel saturated like hell. Outland was not.

While all of Outland wasn't in the nether, Netherstorm was.

Argus is fully Fel Infused though, so that counts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post

omfg so funny lawl, totally orignal

just like how it was stupid shamans could cast spells on garrosh's fight

i mean its so stupid blizz wont make whole classes usless in content because "lol" right?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing you mentioned has to do with being on Azeroth. Or did you forget BC?
    Did you forget BC? Are we too edgy to not be able to detect half-hearted threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Short Answer: Game<=>Lore

Long Answer:

Lore-wise: If you die on Argus as a DH, you perma die...

Game-wise: Because of it being an MMO, you'll be able to come back, even as a DH in death...

For the Spirit Healer:

Lore-wise: There's no Spirit healer. Once in the Shadowlands, Always in the shadowlands....

Game-wise: I think you already know

And for warlocks:

Lore-wise: Maybe, and/or Likely...

Game-wise: Never...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Character Deaths are a Gameplay Mechanic. Lorewise we have never Died except for the Lich King killing us and Tirion using Mass Rez.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Character Deaths are a Gameplay Mechanic. Lorewise we have never Died except for the Lich King killing us and Tirion using Mass Rez.
    not everyone survived the lich king, Sylvanas sees pieces of people in her short story.
    Holy shit lol

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    not everyone survived the lich king, Sylvanas sees pieces of people in her short story.
    I said "we" as in the players. Of course people died.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    omfg so funny lawl, totally orignal

just like how it was stupid shamans could cast spells on garrosh's fight

i mean its so stupid blizz wont make whole classes usless in content because "lol" right?
    Ugh, I know what you meant about the OP. It's almost like not everyone takes things soooo super seriously, and sometimes make a lighthearted post on here. These kinds of people MUST be verbally attacked and insulted! It's beyond repulsive that some people don't take a game that features gnomes, pop culture jokes, and magic cows extremely seriously. Keep fighting the good fight and make us proud!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    Ugh, I know what you meant about the OP. It's almost like not everyone takes things soooo super seriously, and sometimes make a lighthearted post on here. These kinds of people MUST be verbally attacked and insulted! It's beyond repulsive that some people don't take a game that features gnomes, pop culture jokes, and magic cows extremely seriously. Keep fighting the good fight and make us proud!
    its more of that i feel like this was made to be a thread for people to come and attack blizz how "the game is stupid because they dont follow their lore"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    its more of that i feel like this was made to be a thread for people to come and attack blizz how "the game is stupid because they dont follow their lore"
    That's why I put Silly in the title, so hopefully people would recognise it's a joke post and not something for anal people to take seriously.

But people on this forum see everything as some sort of an attack.