Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    George W. Bush must feel great these days. No longer the biggest joke ever to sit in the white house.
    Nah, he never was. Not when you've got Harding, Johnson, and Pierce floating around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is no proof that the Trump campaign and Russia collaborated and exposed the DNC's dirty laundry, if you find news saying otherwise, then yes that is fake news.
    But, you also claimed that Flynn's surveillance recording is leaked to the media, than disappeared when I asked for a transcript. I'm not sure your history qualifies you as a judge of what news are real.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    What, exactly, would have happened in these past nine weeks if Hillary had been president instead of Trump?

Would she be passive-aggressively whining at people on twitter?

Would she have had tried to pass unilateral Muslim bans only to have them turned down?

Would she have had the judicial branch give her the middle finger?

Would she have brought millions of Americans to the verge of losing healthcare only to have her own party split and fragment underneath?

Would she be embroiled in more and more of her underlings being found to have had ties to Russia?

Because I don't think any of those things would have happened.

Like, tell me, exactly, what Hillary would have been screwing up? What part of her policy would have caused the utter grease fire that is the current Trump administration?
    Hillary shill detected.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-03-28 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    But, you also claimed that Flynn's surveillance recording is leaked to the media, than disappeared when I asked for a transcript. I'm not sure your history qualifies you as a judge of what news are real.
    Bringing up shit from another thread, something I already addressed? How sad. Maybe stop focusing on me and focus on facts, I know personal attacks is the only thing in your playbook.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bringing up shit from another thread, something I already addressed? How sad. Maybe stop focusing on me and focus on facts, I know personal attacks is the only thing in your playbook.
    You just called something fake news and think you'd get away with it without a frame of reference? The point of me posting the above was about the facts. It was explicitly to show that you are an insufficient judge of what a fact is. It's not about you as an individual, it's about what the term "fake news" has become. You are but an example of a greater whole that ignores reality, when it doesn't agree with what they think. Which I think has been misunderstood as ignorance, but really just vain...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You just called something fake news and think you'd get away with it without a frame of reference? The point of me posting the above was about the facts. It was explicitly to show that you are an insufficient judge of what a fact is. It's not about you as an individual, it's about what the term "fake news" has become. You are but an example of a greater whole that ignores reality, when it doesn't agree with what they think. Which I think has been misunderstood as ignorance, but really just vain...
    Felya logic - "You can't say Santa is fake because you posted something was fake". Not only is your logic flawed you failed to see that I corrected my statement in the thread your talking about. But instead of reading it you want to harp on it because you have nothing of substance to post.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Yeah, the group of people who want to deprive civilization of gas, meat, and GMO crops.
    I much prefer those people to the ones that want think causing artificial volcanic eruptions is a good alternative to cutting back on emissions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    George W. Bush must feel great these days. No longer the biggest joke ever to sit in the white house.

(While this one is obviously fine, I cannot emphasize enough that source comic is NOT work safe.)
    Impeach the MF.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutarch78 View Post
    Hillary shill detected.
    No, that isn't a Hillary shill, that is someone living in reality. Hillary wouldn't be actively trying to destroy our reputation like Trump is.

If you think they took him serious, you didn't pay attention. Almost all them thought he had no chance in winning, and some people on the left was begging him to run.
    Did you take Donald Trump seriously when he first announced? if you did then you are Nostradamus most people thought it was a publicity stunt it wasn't until during the primaries did people start to take him as a threat. I don't know anyone including Trump voters who thought he would win when he first announced. I am referring to candidate Trump in the primaries Jeb was thought to be the one.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Did you take Donald Trump seriously when he first announced? if you did then you are Nostradamus most people thought it was a publicity stunt it wasn't until during the primaries did people start to take him as a threat. I don't know anyone including Trump voters who thought he would win when he first announced. I am referring to candidate Trump in the primaries Jeb was thought to be the one.
    Yes I thought he had a good chance after hearing him speak over the past decade on programs, but then when he started saying stupid shit I thought he had less of a chance. The main reason I thought he had any chance was because Hillary is a POS as well.
    Last edited by zenkai; 2017-03-27 at 03:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Felya logic - "You can't say Santa is fake because you posted something was fake". Not only is your logic flawed you failed to see that I corrected my statement in the thread your talking about. But instead of reading it you want to harp on it because you have nothing of substance to post.
    That's not my logic, the word accountability is in the dictionary. Something that "fake news" screamers such as you, seem to not even know exists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_100_days_of_Donald_Trump's_presidency

Scroll down to policy. There's vastly too much to post in here. but here's a snippet:

By March 21, Trump had signed nine Acts of Congress into law under the 115th United States Congress. This includes the Repeal of the Disclosure of Payments by Resource Extraction Issuers Rule (115-4) signed on February 14, 2017 and the Repeal of Stream Protection Rule (115-5) signed by Trump on February 16, 2017.
    Remember, our media doesn't care about governing. They care about getting viewership. You're not going to hear much about the stuff he does get passed unless it's one of the big issues they always highlight.

His policy section is about 20 times the size of that of obamas first 100 days on the same site. You have to remember that liberals measure success by how many laws/rules/regulations are written, where as conservatives measure success by how many laws/rules/regulations are repealed. Big Gov't vs Non Big Gov't is the gist, although there's arguments that both parties still like big government.
    Last edited by Narwal; 2017-03-27 at 03:53 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes I thought he had a good chance after hearing him speak over the past decade on programs, but then when he started saying stupid shit I thought he had less of a chance. The main reason I thought he had any chance was because Hillary is a POS as well.
    By speaking do you mean tweets or the awkward interviews where he says nothing of value?
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    His policy section is about 20 times the size of that of obamas first 100 days on the same site. You have to remember that liberals measure success by how many laws/rules/regulations are written, where as conservatives measure success by how many laws/rules/regulations are repealed. Big Gov't vs Non Big Gov't is the gist, although there's arguments that both parties still like big government.
    Size is not everything. About half of that policy section is taken up by the refugee controversy, the vapid wall stuff (just signed an EO that he will totally tackle that project) and the ACA fight. Aside from that you have EOs like giving Bannon a seat on the NSC, the mortgage stuff and the lobbying limitations thing.
    The thing is also that withdrawing from something or putting a hiring freeze/gag order on people is not much easier than coming up with something new that makes sense.
    He has done a lot to deregulate and take away consumer protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_100_days_of_Donald_Trump's_presidency

Scroll down to policy. There's vastly too much to post in here. but here's a snippet:

Remember, our media doesn't care about governing. They care about getting viewership. You're not going to hear much about the stuff he does get passed unless it's one of the big issues they always highlight.

Sorry most of these are glorified tweets and cannot be enacted until they are passed by congress into law these include the border wall, Dodd-Frank, CFPB, Repeal of the ACA, infrastructure spending. His executive orders on immigration are under judicial review and the executive order on local sanctuary cities is without teeth (state rights).

The biggest problem with executive orders is that they are not laws and have severe limitations especially if it involves money because separation of powers etc. When people say Trump has not done much it refers to this, in order for you to govern you need congress to pass laws and budgets. Trump seem to have no interest in doing the hard work of part of governing which is why he left Trumpcare to Paul Ryan, he needs to stop playing golf every weekend and get into the weeds.
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2017-03-27 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    So, you think what he said a decade ago is relevant?
    Over the past decade does not mean a decade ago, reading comprehension son.

Uhhhh, over the past decade is an interval of time that would include things from a decade ago.

Fuck that's some hardcore deflection to the question.
    So basically have no point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    He defeated Hillary and replaced Obama. That alone is a service to the country.

Defeating deprivalists on the Keystone pipeline issue is another accomplishment.
    Obama was decent and Hillary would have done a better job than Trump.
    Putin khuliyo

What? I asked you a question. The point I'm trying to make comes after you answer the fucking question. Or are you going to continue to deflect?

I assume you're trying to figure out which answer I'll use against you.

The funny thing is that either way I'll point out your hypocrisy.
    What hypocrisy? You haven't posted anything constructive from the get go. You were wrong and I correct you, then you side step the argument, still made you wrong, how can I make any decent reply when you your OP was shit to begin with.