Poll: Are you happy flying is back?

Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yes, I enjoy flying.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Unhappy. Flying should be an old content feature.

The thing is, I have all the treasures, I don't care about random easter eggs, my rare addon will tell me if I fly over a rare, and I don't PvP.

Don't fly if you don't want to, also don't handicap me because you like time sinks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    I just hope none of you wonder why you're about to become twice as bored.
    So you agree that ground mounts are just in as an arbitrary time sink?

Can't believe people still care about flying. I'd rather use whistle and AFK on flight paths. Also, it's not available "tomorrow". People won't have flying for some weeks according to blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by topmaymay View Post
    Can't believe people still care about flying. I'd rather use whistle and AFK on flight paths. Also, it's not available "tomorrow". People won't have flying for some weeks according to blizzard.
    And you can do that, nobody's stopping you.

I'll always prefer controlled transportation and freedom over using a feature that downright promotes afking. It's quite hilarious how the people against flying, didn't cause a shitstorm over the whistle which removes people out of the world in terms of travel between quest objective areas...

Quote Originally Posted by topmaymay View Post
    It's added to the game tomorrow even if it's not technically achievable due to time gating.

Why do you care what others want? How does it affect you in any way?

Finally I can eventually fly after a few weeks. I've waited this long, what's a couple more weeks of waiting to rep up.

I wonder, will those adamant anti-flyers choose to fly? After all their reasoning consists of :
    1 - Immersion
    2 - Content consumed too fast
    3 - Kills World PvP. (even without flying, 9/10 times opposite faction ignore me at world quests regions)

I think we all know whether these anti-flyers will choose to fly or not =)

If blizz had a sense of humour they would add a toy with the pathfinder achievement where your flying mount can poop on the heads of those below LOL

5 min CD

Quote Originally Posted by sdagdhfj View Post
    If blizz had a sense of humour they would add a toy with the pathfinder achievement where your flying mount can poop on the heads of those below LOL

5 min CD
    with blizz, something that fun would have a 1 day cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftshadow View Post
    Finally I can eventually fly after a few weeks. I've waited this long, what's a couple more weeks of waiting to rep up.

I wonder, will those adamant anti-flyers choose to fly? After all their reasoning consists of :
    1 - Immersion
    2 - Content consumed too fast
    3 - Kills World PvP. (even without flying, 9/10 times opposite faction ignore me at world quests regions)

I think we all know whether these anti-flyers will choose to fly or not =)
    The anti-flyers shield themselves with the strawman argument that they're "forced" to fly lest they "cripple" themselves. It's quite sad that they sit with this delusional idea that they're "competing" with every other player... Must be a nightmare not being able to play how you want to play...
    I as an adamant pro-flying player, chose to level 3 characters in a row with nothing but ground mounts and no gear. 1-100 without flying with white/gray gear. No other reason than wanting to do it. Holy SHIT did I cripple myself!!!

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Indifferent, but only because I'm not bothering unlocking it this time around, at least not any time soon. Glad that other people can, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    The thing is, I have all the treasures, I don't care about random easter eggs, my rare addon will tell me if I fly over a rare, and I don't PvP.

Don't fly if you don't want to, also don't handicap me because you like time sinks.

- - - Updated - - -

So you agree that ground mounts are just in as an arbitrary time sink?
    Yeah fuck a constant world, might as well queue up for everything because any form of travel is just a time sink.

Honestly, do you even hear yourselves anymore? The point of an MMORP was to be able to move around and act in a constant world. The whole draw of the genre was that the world was big and full of stuff - of a size that made it feel expansive and drew you in because it was somewhat like the real world.

Nowadays that open world, the very thing that MMORPGs were built around, is nothing but an inconvenience to people like you. Flame all you want but the fact is this: if you hate travelling through the world the problem lies with you. The problem is that you don't actually want to play an MMORPG anymore. If travel is nothing but a time sink then you're playing the wrong genre.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sdagdhfj View Post

5 min CD
    Player pooped on gets a 30 min debuff:

"Pooped" - "You have been pooped on by another player flying high above you! Eww! Smells awful!"

I'd laugh out loud.

Couldn't care less, flying as never felt like a necessity to me. Hell I still walk places in old zones if I am bored.

Way too late. Next time let me fly once I'm done with the flying achievement. Yes, I will find all stupid treasures, uncover every spot on the map, grind all reputations to that max and do all quests, but let me fly after that. Fucking annoying ground crawling bullshit.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post

Nowadays that open world, the very thing that MMORPGs were built around, is nothing but an inconvenience to people like you. Flame all you want but the fact is this: if you hate travelling through the world the problem lies with you. The problem is that you don't actually want to play an MMORPG anymore. If travel is nothing but a time sink then you're playing the wrong genre.
    I love travelling through the world, and flying makes it doubly so.

The open world happens around its content staying relevant beyond leveling. Nobody will be completing objectives high above the ground. It wasn't even the case in MoP, where we had flying from max level and people were out in force doing them daily objectives. Then came 5.1 with the Krasarang situation. World wasn't empty. Then came 5.2, world still wasn't empty thanks to the new mount-dropping rares and people still doing 5.0 content. Then came 5.3, which made people flock to Northern Barrens en masse. Then came 5.4, which still didn't render the world empty thanks to how many were still working on content from previous patches.

I can't imagine Legion will be any different, considering the fact that they're even updating the original BI-zones to remain rewarding and relevant.

WoD gave us a world where we didn't have flying; Completely fucking empty due to there being nothing of interest beyond a certain point for max level players. Granted, flying wouldn't have changed that fact. But it still stands. The thing removing the "constant" from the world, is the lack of content max level content in said world. Legion simply doesn't suffer from that.

And behold; People that don't want to fly, can opt out of it. They'll have their whistle still!
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-03-28 at 12:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Way too late. Next time let me fly once I'm done with the flying achievement. Yes, I will find all stupid treasures, uncover every spot on the map, grind all reputations to that max and do all quests, but let me fly after that. Fucking annoying ground crawling bullshit.
    It isn't that annoying, you have a flight whistle yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Don't fly if you don't want to,
    The most ignorant thing ever said in these flying threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    The anti-flyers shield themselves with the strawman argument that they're "forced" to fly lest they "cripple" themselves. It's quite sad that they sit with this delusional idea that they're "competing" with every other player... Must be a nightmare not being able to play how you want to play...
    I as an adamant pro-flying player, chose to level 3 characters in a row with nothing but ground mounts and no gear. 1-100 without flying with white/gray gear. No other reason than wanting to do it. Holy SHIT did I cripple myself!!!
    Yeah u are right. They will defend themselves saying now they have to fly too if not they will "lose out" to other players. They can't seem to understand that they can still CHOOSE to use their ground mounts now, but for us who prefer to fly, we had no choice but to use the ground mounts before flying is enabled.

I have 3 to 4 alts at lvl 101, that I'm not touching until I can fly =)

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    The most ignorant thing ever said in these flying threads.
    How is it ignorant? It's a fact. Don't want to fly? Then just don't. You're not competing with anyone, especially now when gathering nodes are shared. Rares? They're always up. World bosses? You can easily get to them before they're downed, and they're always up anyway.

There's literally nothing stopping you from staying grounded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    How is it ignorant? It's a fact. Don't want to fly? Then just don't. You're not competing with anyone, especially now when gathering nodes are shared.
    They still disappear 15 seconds after someone mines/herbs them... Oh I see... you deliberately left that tidbit out to fit your pro-flight argument.