Poll: Are you happy flying is back?

Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Always happy because that's when these polls pop up and I can laugh my ass off at people who say flying is requested by the "vocal" "minority", then deny every poll claiming it's not representative.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Take the long way and run up the mountain, because thats what you like doing right?
    Exactly.

All the mountains have paths up to them, there's a glider toy and a HUGE mountain in the middle of the Legion zones that one can glide from if one absolutely needs to get to a certain ledge but not fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    WoW has had flying for longer than it didn't. Player "interaction" still needs to happen since guess what; Players can't do shit unless they go down to the ground.

Not that the people whining about "player interaction" are actually the forerunners of initiating social contact, since then they wouldn't need to whine about how the game "prevents them from doing it" at every fucking chance.
    Well i'm not so sure. Flying has been unavailable/gated for a substantial amount of time aswell at least if you talk about current zones. I guess that's how people like it since blizzard is doing it that way...

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    It's not about the competition, it's just not fun to purposely gimp yourself. Doing that removes what makes ground mounts fun to begin with.

Confirmation that it's a "you" problem.

You don't gimp yourself in any shape or form that matters, if you have more fun staying grounded, then stay grounded.

Confirmation that it's a "you" problem.

You don't gimp yourself in any shape or form that matters, if you have more fun staying grounded, then stay grounded.
    lmao, remember that lack of comprehension I mentioned? You won't get flying until you wait until it's released and complete the achievements, I guess that's a "you" problem.

This is why I treat these threads as jokes. Luckily the professional game designers know better.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Well i'm not so sure. Flying has been unavailable/gated for a substantial amount of time aswell at least if you talk about current zones. I guess that's how people like it since blizzard is doing it that way...
    They're doing it this way because they had to compromise. The original way of having flying, worked for many years and expansions before WoD rolled around and they realized that flying would mean that people would be able to see just how insignificant the zones were.

And the poll is there for all to see. More people are happy than indifferent or unhappy. The downright unhappy crowd, is the tiny minority. It was always the case that the vocal minority was the one bitching about flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Take the long way and run up the mountain, because thats what you like doing right?
    Who says I can? there has been plenty of cases where you need to have flying to reach x place.

lmao, remember that lack of comprehension I mentioned?

This is why I treat these threads as jokes. Luckily the professional game designers know better.
    You like to mention it, yet you don't comprehend your own thoughts enough to be able to elaborate on them. Funny!
    But the developers sure do know better, we're getting flying, and this is the model moving forward! Woop!

- - - Updated - - -

Who says I can? there has been plenty of cases where you need to have flying to reach x place.
    Again, everything in Legion has been designed with us being grounded in mind. You'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...and I wonder how long that takes...(pretty busy currently with RL...so damn for 7.2 coming so early)
    Around 2 weeks.

I think it's been long enough for people to experience all zones thoroughly, it'll be a nice touch. I like the current system about flying, I hope we won't go back to just pay 3000g to trainer and fly format.

How can I travel to that ledge that requires flying without a flying mount? Hmm who's forcing who?
    No content is gated behind needing flying since wrath of the lich king. Nice try.

Let people enjoy their flying mounts. No one is telling you how to play. /pat

Un-Happy, Flying is garbage all it does is encourage everything wrong with MMO now.

P.S. Flying is still locked under the order hall, so it won't be available tomorrow. Best guess it 2-3 weeks.
    Last edited by Rizon909; 2017-03-28 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

You are, actually.

They're doing it this way because they had to compromise. The original way of having flying, worked for many years and expansions before WoD rolled around and they realized that flying would mean that people would be able to see just how insignificant the zones were.

And the poll is there for all to see. More people are happy than indifferent or unhappy. The downright unhappy crowd, is the tiny minority. It was always the case that the vocal minority was the one bitching about flying.
    Insignificant zones you say? Well if that's the case how would flying solve it? And you assume an mmo-champ poll makes a good avarage of the general opinion of wow players. That's far from the truth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    No content is gated behind needing flying since wrath of the lich king. Nice try.

It does actually. Not like there's a huge community with the xrealm/phasing/tmog bs, but at least there are people in dalaran you recongnize now and then. You come across people a lot more with ground mounts than you do with flying. world pvp will be limited since majority of the players will just fly straight into the dungeon/raid w/e. Allowing ground mount only also means we have to listen to whiners that want flying from day one every expansion launch. People who actually care about zone design etc are overshadowed by those who obviously don't care a rats ass about anything else than being able to rush to max lvl as fast as possible with their flying mount.

I am happy though I wish Blizzard would just made it achievable from the beginning (though still following the pathfinder concept) and would follow a more gradual approach.
    For example, once you are done with Broken Isles mainland pathfinder, you can fly over it as you like. However, if you are trying to so over a new zone such as the Broken Shore where you have not yet completed the pathfinder steps, you would get either shot down or instantly killed similar to how you are getting killed if you get too close to the Tomb of Sargeras now.

And those of you pulling the "not appreciating the zones" card time and time again, I do appreciate the level-design but it gets too repetitive after you have already done it as per the scope of the pathfinder achievement. I loved Suramar the first-time with all its quests, progression and world quests. But once you have to repeat it all with multiple characters without having the option to cut-down on any unnecessary travel, it becomes a chore and results in getting sick of the very zone you have loved in the first-place.

Even though I had levelled around 16 chars through Outland and Northrend, I can still find it in me to go back to them for this purpose. Why? Because I did not have to spend my having have to go through the whole landscape by a ground mount at max-level repetitively burning me out in terms of terrain exposure along with TBC having the option for flight (albeit the 700g 150% one rather than the 5k artisan which provided you with 280%) from the start and WotLK bringing in the tome for alts in a year of release (with CWF available at 77) and Cata having it from the get start as well. However, MoP (regardless of having much more beautiful zones compared to TBC and WotLK) had sickened me as the tome was virtually unavailable and led me to ditch many of my alts until the legion pre-patch invasion events in WoD. And still to this day, I don't want to return back there or level any character past level-85.
    Same goes for WoD, after I was done with all the quests on my Horde main and Alliance alt then going through apexis farming, I ended up quitting the game until HFC arrived with the promise of unlocking flight. I have levelled every character other than the aforementioned two via collecting treasures and doing the area bonuses while not touching any of the quests that were not mandatory.

Although Legion had the optional zone-flow and a proper endgame compared to WoD, I levelled half my chars to max as I was eager to see their class hall campaigns and after flying I will avoid every quest line that I can on my remaining alts once flying is here.

Gating flying behind a time-gate has proven to make me into a spiteful person as I don't like spending my limited time on going through the same darn terrain as I want to spend it experiencing different classes and their gameplay.

If you don't like flying go play LotRO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    I am happy though I wish Blizzard would just made it achievable from the beginning (though still following the pathfinder concept) and would follow a more gradual approach.
    For example, once you are done with Broken Isles mainland pathfinder, you can fly over it as you like. However, if you are trying to so over a new zone such as the Broken Shore where you have not yet completed the pathfinder steps, you would get either shot down or instantly killed similar to how you are getting killed if you get too close to the Tomb of Sargeras now.
    Zone specific flying would piss off almost everyone. It's less efficient than regular flight paths and there's no good way to interrupt flight. Well, ok, there is one decent option... land at the closest FP. Shooting people down, dismounting them... that's all just annoying to the player.

I've long said that I don't mind earning flight but I think it should come in there first major patch (by which almost all players have spend months on the ground) and the pathfinder thing should be a very long chain related to why we can't fly. For example, in the Broken Shore scenario (Alliance) we have someone comment that they've never seen such a source of Fel energy as the emanating from the Legion city... boom "Yes, and that's making it impossible for all but the strongest mounts to fly..." There's your reason. Now, make me run around, gather stuff, knock out Legion things etc and at the first patch, give me flight. Coincidentally, the quest chain would make me explore everywhere, etc.

Rep, etc has no bearing on flight - it's just a hoop to jump through. They do it this way because they're lazy and rep is an easy gate.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally very happy about being able to fly again. Didn't mind not having it for start of expac, but only because I knew it was coming eventually. This is a great time to bring it back and I'm going to get it ASAP. Also after leveling 13 characters to 110 including both horde and alliance I have seen everything I want to see from the ground, it's time to see it all from the air!

there are people in dalaran you recongnize now and then. You come across people a lot more with ground mounts than you do with flying. world pvp will be limited since majority of the players will just fly straight into the dungeon/raid w/e. Allowing ground mount only also means we have to listen to whiners that want flying from day one every expansion launch. People who actually care about zone design etc are overshadowed by those who obviously don't care a rats ass about anything else than being able to rush to max lvl as fast as possible with their flying mount.
    So much hyperbole already. Flying does not somehow magically make people from your server disappear.

Enjoying flying doesnt have mean you don't give a "rats ass" about content. More hyperbole nonsense.

Lol @ suggesting I want flying to level toons. I already have all my characters at max level.

Thanks for assuming all the reasons why I want flying and not asking. But hey, cant really expect too much

- - - Updated - - -

You are, actually.
    Dont use flying mounts if you dont want, its really that simple no matter how you like to spin it.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Zone specific flying would piss off almost everyone. It's less efficient than regular flight paths and there's no good way to interrupt flight. Well, ok, there is one decent option... land at the closest FP. Shooting people down, dismounting them... that's all just annoying to the player.

I've long said that I don't mind earning flight but I think it should come in there first major patch (by which almost all players have spend months on the ground) and the pathfinder thing should be a very long chain related to why we can't fly. For example, in the Broken Shore scenario (Alliance) we have someone comment that they've never seen such a source of Fel energy as the emanating from the Legion city... boom "Yes, and that's making it impossible for all but the strongest mounts to fly..." There's your reason. Now, make me run around, gather stuff, knock out Legion things etc and at the first patch, give me flight. Coincidentally, the quest chain would make me explore everywhere, etc.

Rep, etc has no bearing on flight - it's just a hoop to jump through. They do it this way because they're lazy and rep is an easy gate.
    Zone specific as in how you could fly over Pandaria but not over Timeless Isle or Isle of Thunder until you "complete them", meaning:
    Pre-7.2: Pathfinder-I completed, you can fly over Broken Isles but not over Broken Shore
    Post-7.2: Pathfinder-II complete you can now fly over Broke Shore as well.

The return of flight is pure awesome.

I have sat out the expansion so far (haven't even bought it yet), but I will be re-subbing in a couple of weeks due to its return.

I am really looking forward to getting back out in the game world.