Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sdagdhfj View Post
    You have mass starvation yet mages can make food out of thin air, You have soldiers armed with swords yet they live where automatic machine guns exist!
    in a world of magic why would you even bother with machine guns? just read a book and do some goddamn spells
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WurstKaeseSzenario View Post
    I for one am excited for WoW's next expansion:

World of Warhammer 40k: Wrath of the Blood God?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Yeah but you never had to fight spaceships before. I can suspend my disbelief for normal fantasy shenanigans like fighting big ass Dragons and huge Demons and whatnot but a fleet of Starships that can bombard you from orbit? EAT FIREBALL PEW PEW!!! Yeah the Legion would have obliterated us in a week with no retaliation. Now had they taken all those spare space ships lying about and made our own fleet and filled them with Spacegoats then fighting chance right there but no..... This should have been Legion.
    Probably the same reason they didn't just overrun Azeroth 10,000 years ago the way they usually do with other worlds. In one of the short stories, Velen shows Anduin a vision of the Legion overrunning and destroying a planet in minutes, without using their huge space fleet.

Something is stopping them from doing so to Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    in a world of magic why would you even bother with machine guns? just read a book and do some goddamn spells
    Because operating a gun is easier to learn than reading all those books. As in, literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    legion has spaceships, shows how dumb they are by invading the planet with ground forces, rather than just moving a great big chuck of rock towards the planet. after all only spaceships known to be on azeroth are either under the control of space goats who can only crash them, or goblins who are stuck in outland. neither much use really.
    My understanding is that the main legion force is really far away from Azeroth so it would take way too long to just fly a ship there. Legion is the first time the Burning Legion have had a portal powerful enough to actually transport ships, in the past all they could manage were ground forces.

Also while I don't remember what the final goal of the legion was I do know it's not blowing up the planet with space rocks lol.

Another one of these? Why do people care about spaceships so much, do the tanks/helicopters/aircraft carriers not break the fantasy trope already?

i like it. i like blending technology and magic.

the whole of draenei civilization blended technology and magic. it was cool to see their defense crystal systems in WoD, and it's cool to see the legion's ships now.

also, apparently demons can survive the vacuum of space? or maybe the great dark isn't inhospitable like real life space. cause kil'jaedan was definitely standing in space on his ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    warcraft 3 was a stain on the warcraft genre.Too cartoony and ridiculous just like pandas. The only reason they were put in game was for the asians. They needed there own gimmick.
    OH HELL NAW! I did not just read that....

*Jumps off The Kil'jaeden Fight Platform*

Take me away Sargeras, I give up on Mortal life, I wanna be....LEGION....

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Another one of these? Why do people care about spaceships so much, do the tanks/helicopters/aircraft carriers not break the fantasy trope already?
    Actually, no, they don't. Because there isn't actually anything about fantasy that says you can't have high tech. Sufficiently advanced technology being indistinguishable from magic goes both ways.

WarCraft isn't fantasy because of castles and knights. It's fantasy because the go-to explanation for weird stuff is "a wizard did it" rather than technobabble(unless you're a gnome. Then it might well be both).
    Last edited by huth; 2017-03-28 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    They are ships...that fly...in space.

I'm not saying they're spaceships, but they're spaceships.
    You could probably argue about whether they're ships more than the space part, especially after the 7.2 cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Spaceship are downgrade from portals... you know.. instant long distance travel.

So Legion is basically using old tech
    Only because Khadgar is a pretty shit wizard, mind you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    It's the logic of people saying Pandas are too cartoony for WoW... overlooking all the silly shit that's always been going on in-game, and the dark shit that went on involving the Pandaren.

In other words, people be riled up over nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    there has always been spaceships in wow

the Draenei came to Azeroth on spaceships the exodar is a space ship

the Draenei even repair their spaceships on Azeroth so they can go battle the legion in the main story artifact quest line
    Actually, most classes only have it as a side quest. So far i only had to do it as part of the Paladin campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffter View Post
    I really like the idea of spaceships that work with magic instead of sci-fi technology. It's weird, but Warcraft has been a slightly weird high fantasy for a long time.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Yup not a fan of all the space themed crap.

I'd like to get an expansion that gets back to good old regular medieval themes.

Deleted
    If they decided to add spaceships I as a hunter surely wouldn't mind a rail gun, something more Wolfenstein like

Science-fiction elements???! In a purely fantasy RPG???! Not in MY World of Warcraft!

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's fantasy because the go-to explanation for weird stuff is "a wizard did it"
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C. Clarke.

Yeah I would prefer as few space ships as possible. Too bad they are all over the damn place now.

Thinking of the lorelol video from ten years ago and crying a little.

enough technology for those... not enough for cars, tvs, etc...

why would i go raiding when i can stay in the city watching tv?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Yup not a fan of all the space themed crap.

I'd like to get an expansion that gets back to good old regular medieval themes.
    like burning crusade right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Yeah I would prefer as few space ships as possible. Too bad they are all over the damn place now.

Thinking of the lorelol video from ten years ago and crying a little.
    again, their were atleast 6 of them in burning crusade, and mentioned to have been many many more...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Only because Khadgar is a pretty shit wizard, mind you.

- - - Updated - - -

It's the logic of people saying Pandas are too cartoony for WoW... overlooking all the silly shit that's always been going on in-game, and the dark shit that went on involving the Pandaren.

In other words, people be riled up over nothing.
    its the
    "i cant find any good complaints that havent been overdone, so i gotta make up fake complaints"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    again, their were atleast 6 of them in burning crusade, and mentioned to have been many many more...
    That was when it started, yes. The mechano hog in Wrath was the next big disappointment.