15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    For a AAA game, anything below an 8 is considered a bad score on this front, at least by publishers. I agree that 76 isn't "bad", but it's also not a terribly good score for a major AAA game, especially one with three prior installments that averaged at or above 90 individually.
    The first is 86, the second 94, and the third 89. The did not get at or above 90 individually. The number of critics counted for 1 and 2 is 40+. The number counted for 3 is 23, and Andromeda 20. So there were more using meta critic for 1 and 2 then for 3 and 4. Also if the meta critic system is deeply flawed I don't see why executives would use it as an indicator for their game. If they did that would mean any rating of their game is deeply flawed and actually means little.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Is the M-98 Widow even in the game, though?
    Yes, althought its not labeled as "M-98" Widow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    Oh, you´re correct here.. but what´s the level requiements for it.. While i can craft VII level Black widow, but only level VI of normal one (and i´m level 50).
    Why the Widow over the Black Widow though?

The Widow only has three augment slots, so the damage gap is very slight since Black Widow can have two extra weapon damage augments, coupled with it having almost triple the clip size and double the ammo capacity.

Deleted numbers since they were scaled to my profile/skills and didn't add up.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2017-03-28 at 09:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    User scores are super polarizing, and always have been. Why would anyone actually look at those? :P
    I was just including it because it is on the meta critic page. I don't consider them to carry much weight even more so with how political ratings have become.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I love how even minor npc talk about the games events, stopped by prodromose, and the Mayor was talking about Liam's loyalty mission, everyone else was talking about the Angara and exultation.

Trying spamming A & D when you're running with your guns holstered. The results are pretty funny.

Deleted
    After 60 (and counting, so many stuff to do) hours in the game, I can clearly say that this is one of the best RPGs that I ever played and one of the most frustrating ones. Seriously, one/two months of QA and the game would be GOTY, no doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The first is 86, the second 94, and the third 89. The did not get at or above 90 individually. The number of critics counted for 1 and 2 is 40+. The number counted for 3 is 23, and Andromeda 20. So there were more using meta critic for 1 and 2 then for 3 and 4. Also if the meta critic system is deeply flawed I don't see why executives would use it as an indicator for their game. If they did that would mean any rating of their game is deeply flawed and actually means little.
    Depends on the platform you're looking at, but at least one platform hit 90+ for each release. This is not the case for ME:A, where all review scores are within a few points of 75.

And yes, the number of critics has dropped overall compared to 10 years ago, this isn't something that just impacts ME:A or something that's going to significantly change Metacritic scores overall.

Don't ask me why industry executives still use it, but they do. It's standard practices and it's something everything thinks is stupid as hell, but remains the case anyways. Again, Metacritic scores will often determine whether a studio receives launch bonuses or not, regardless of how well a game may or may not sell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    Even so, i remember reading about being a new trilogy. Theres so much shit going on, the kett Empire, the Jargaan, where did the Quarian Ark ended up..
    Maybe they meant standalone trilogy. I know they said its a standalone but think they were mostly referring to choices made in ME3 and Andromeda. They have a clean slate, I don't see why they would just dump Andromeda.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Maybe they meant standalone trilogy. I know they said its a standalone but think they were mostly referring to choices made in ME3 and Andromeda. They have a clean slate, I don't see why they would just dump Andromeda.
    It's be a nice setup for an MMO if you ask me. Beholden to very little established lore and very little established scientific data about our own galaxy.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    They said that we will continue in Andromeda but not necessarily as ryder. So there will be a continuation of the story but they weren't sure if we would play Ryder again or a new character. (or from the viewpoint of one established during Andromeda)

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They said that we will continue in Andromeda but not necessarily as ryder. So there will be a continuation of the story but they weren't sure if we would play Ryder again or a new character. (or from the viewpoint of one established during Andromeda)
    Based on how it ends, I don't see why they wouldn't. There's a lot of unfinished business.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am loving this game. SO MUCH TO DO.

Combat, improved from ME3. I wasn't sure you could, but it is. Jumping, biotic bursts, charges and smashing and leaping from cliffs to drop biotics, just amazing.
    Nomad - this is what the Mako should have been.

There are a few glitches (mostly graphical), but the insane amount of content is going to keep me going for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Its really sad to see what a depressing bandwagon of hatred this game has managed to accrue. Anyone completely unfamiliar with the game, would see all the memes, and hate-spewing videos and think this game is worse than Ride To Hell Retribution and No Man's Sky put together. When in reality, Andromeda is a flawed, but fun game, and a fine entry on the Mass Effect franchise.

I hope all the shit flinging doesn't end up hurting the future of this franchise, because EA are unfortunately, fickle masters, who don't hesitate to terminate studios for any perceived failures.
    All the reviews from reputable sites I have seen so far were mostly fair and on point with their criticisms. In the end, MEA is an okay and enjoyable game that simply does not live up to the standards set by the ME series. The only "hatred" this game gets is from user reviews, and I don't think most people take user reviews seriously.

It doesn't help matters that EA decided to rename a bunch of its studios "BioWare" just to dilute the poor company's reputation even further. If the BioWare Montreal studio had a different name, perhaps people would be more forgiving and come in with lower expectations.

At least Bethesda has the decency to keep its studios named differently. No one can look at ESO and say "OMG you ruined the ES series!" because it clearly says ZOS is the developer not BGS. (and ESO is quite enjoyable as well, but that's offtopic).
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, im also enjoying this game. Technical issues , and galaxy map "loadings"aside , im impressed. 36 hours in atm. According to my save im only 44% done. Seems like theres alot more to look foward to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I messed something up. Crafted Black Widow III with some augmentations, and one of them apparently changed the way the rifle works; it now shoots plasma charges, that explode in a large AOE blast upon contact, which is nice, but the problem is, the projectiles go down ballistically, so you have to shoot a bit above your target to hit them. This makes it nearly unusable against Observers, or against any enemies on a large distance (which is, well, what asniper rifle is supposed to be about). :/ As I understand, there is no way to "disassemble" it, and I have to craft a new rifle now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Ea cares about sales, not "critic" reviews, if the Uk is any indication the game is doing well, number 1 spot for physical copy's.
    Yeah, the truth is, any business is concerned with profits, first and foremost. All the whiners, as experience shows, are going to buy the game, play it and whine, then buy the DLCs and whine, then play the sequel and whine... And the devs know it well. Reviews, both professional and user, have zero impact on anything; even if everyone gives the game 1/10, but the game sells well and the DLCs sell as well, then the game has succeeded and the sequel is upcoming.

Of course, all the doomsayers will want this game to fail badly, and Bioware to be done with, because that's the only thing that will validate their toxic attitude - but, sorry to say folks, it is not happening. Companies of the scale of Bioware do not fail because of some whiners on the Internet, they only fail if the investment into development hasn't paid off, and that is not the case here.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I messed something up. Crafted Black Widow III with some augmentations, and one of them apparently changed the way the rifle works; it now shoots plasma charges, that explode in a large AOE blast upon contact, which is nice, but the problem is, the projectiles go down ballistically, so you have to shoot a bit above your target to hit them. This makes it nearly unusable against Observers, or against any enemies on a large distance (which is, well, what asniper rifle is supposed to be about). :/ As I understand, there is no way to "disassemble" it, and I have to craft a new rifle now?
    Yes. I did the same. You can "deconstruct" it, but you can't change the mods you put into it when crafting.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    As I understand, there is no way to "disassemble" it, and I have to craft a new rifle now?
    Yes you can dissasemble it in the inventory.
    It has to be NOT equipped.
    Unsure about percentage of materials you get back, but if i remember correctly, you get your augments back.
    example

Just finished it and loved it. Played on normal, did most everything, and it took me about 85 hours. Characters and companions are fantastic. Quests are probably the best overall for ME/DA games for my tastes. Hated the Mako, but absolutely love the Nomad; Holy crap driving on some planets is fun as hell, especially the low G one. I'm really looking forward to future content in this setting. So many interesting possibilities.

A few minor quest bugs but no real problems. I crashed/hung about once every 6-8 hours of play but never lost any significant progress. I like the new fast paced combat, and I really like the new open skill system, but do miss not being able to control companion abilities.

I really want to jump back in and play NG+ on insane, but think I may wait to see what the DLC schedule looks like.

In regards to where they go from here. Based on something Bioware said a few months back, I got the distinct impression there won't be an ME style trilogy, but it will be more along the lines of what they are doing with the Dragon Age games. Next game would be a new hero with some carryover of characters, companions, and choices. This makes a lot of sense to me.
    Last edited by Saladbar; 2017-03-29 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I am loving this game. SO MUCH TO DO.

Combat, improved from ME3. I wasn't sure you could, but it is. Jumping, biotic bursts, charges and smashing and leaping from cliffs to drop biotics, just amazing.
    Nomad - this is what the Mako should have been.

There are a few glitches (mostly graphical), but the insane amount of content is going to keep me going for a long time.
    Can't agree more. Love the combat, the character progression, and environments. It is a huge world and it is based in the ME Universe. Since I don't spend endless hours at a time playing I haven't gotten deep enough into the story to judge but so far it seems like what I would expect from a space opera RPG (10-15 hours of play).

Yeah I mean the facial expressions and animations are bad. I mean really bad in my opinion. Also they seemed to have wanted to make the people ugly for some reason but that might just be my tastes. But if you can get over that (and I can) I think it is a pretty solid game. Not for everyone of course but a solid game.