Poll: Are you happy flying is back?

Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    The requirements are bullshit and they were waiting too long. I'm done with this expansion.
    Buh bye...
    I mean I want my flying from the start of the expac too, but I'm fine with this way, I can see their reasoning... I just don't lvl more than 2 chars without flying, so I'm noww ready to get all the alts up as soon as I get the achievement
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'll give you a few:
    1. Farming (herbs etc)
    2. Questing (pop in pop out competition)
    3. Rares etc (flyers get there faster, so I miss out on the kill if I don't fly)
    4. Puzzle quests/achieves (I assume will be removed as flying will make them trivial)

You may be interested to know that WoW is an MMO, and that what other people do has a big impact on what you do.
    The first 3 points make absolutely no sense though. All of them are shared for one. And second, you are telling me the only reason you haven't missed a kill on a mob before is just because people didn't have flying? Seems strange since it happens to me almost daily to get there just a few seconds after the mobs are killed (hint: i don't have flying). I mean, even in the current iteration of the game, you could have killed the mob you just missed if you had left dalaran 5 seconds earlier. You just can't attribute those kinds of things to flying when it could very well happen the same if Tim's brain decided to wake him up 3 seconds earlier this morning

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I play on a PVE server. Tell me again why I should be unable to fly because world PVP?
    I can not because i never said nothing alike, i personally would rather go back to MOP way of getting flying, but that does not mean that flying does not affect world PVP, and as i said, because i know that 99% of world PVP is ganking, i do not care that it is affected by flying, but it is affected.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like flying, flying doesnt ruin World PVP flying improves World PVP (TBC and WOTLK had both Flying and World PVP)

What i disliked back in WOD is grinding daily quests for unlocking it. And i dislike doing Dungeons for unlocking it, imo it should be normal quests only.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Unhappy. Flying should be an old content feature.

Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    That would be 14 to 30 days into the expansion, considerably less than you stated on the edited image.

Really the correct time would be when the open world is no longer providing relevant reward, either because the player already has maxed out all the gear/artifact power they can from the world quest system, or if a new area has opened up that makes the old content largely irrelevant. Ideally Blizz want to plan it so they release the latter when most people are just reaching the former.
    Leveling content for example obsoletes, when you hit level cap. As simply, as that. Leveling content with flying would be enough for me to keep myself busy till patch x.1, when x.0 content should also obsolete. I've already said about it in some other thread.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    Yes finally am very happy

Very glad that I won't have to suffer the shitty "let's make it as annoying as possible" world design on the Broken Isles for much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Itychy View Post
    Why does anyone play an MMO-RPG if not for some exploration.
    Gameplay, efficiency, alt-leveling, speed-farming, economy domination, guilds, raiding, dungeons, crafting, whatever else you can think of. Grinding is actually enjoyable for some people.

Sorry, but there are as many different ways to play as there are players. Assuming that people only want to play in one way(in this case, from the ground) is an extremely biased or ignorant way of thinking. I really wish people would understand this, and stop worrying so much about how other people are playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    I can not because i never said nothing alike, i personally would rather go back to MOP way of getting flying, but that does not mean that flying does not affect world PVP, and as i said, because i know that 99% of world PVP is ganking, i do not care that it is affected by flying, but it is affected.
    Yes, flying effects world PVP, but not in the way that most people mean, and not nearly to the degree that they try to claim it does. All it really does is change the dynamic of how wPVP happens. It doesn't prevent it, or even limit it.

Most people who are arguing against flying try to claim that flying hurts world pvp because they're stretching for anything to justify their point of view. But what they don't look at is how wPVP is obliterated by all rewards for PVP being gained from Battlegrounds and Arena. It's further destroyed by instant teleports to dungeons from the LFD queue, and an almost complete lack of wPVP objectives worth a damn.

The amount that flying "effects wPVP", when compared to those other factors, is so small as to be almost completely insignificant. To the point where claiming that flying hurts wPVP is effectively a big fat lie.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-03-29 at 01:05 PM.

Voted indifferent.

Haven't played Legion except pre-launch. Probably won't play Legion unless they throw me some free time - maybe just to mess around with Demon Hunter or something. Too much has changed. Don't care for new models and I main a few Night Elves. My toons are no longer my old virtual friends but are rather whatever Blizzard thinks they are supposed to be. Transmog still has way too many restrictions. I can't think of many friends that still play. PvP looks terrible now.

In short: I wanted to play; Blizzard made so many changes to things that mattered to me that I stopped caring to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    And my point is that there are a lot of people who don't play on PVP servers so EVEN IF you're right, there's no reason we should have flight restricted on PVE servers for that reason.

Deleted
    It's not coming tomorrow but in 2-3 weeks

Holy fucking dogshit the levels of entitlement here are top cringe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Leveling content for example obsoletes, when you hit level cap. As simply, as that. Leveling content with flying would be enough for me to keep myself busy till patch x.1, when x.0 content should also obsolete. I've already said about it in some other thread.
    No one cares about what you want luckily

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    Holy fucking dogshit the levels of entitlement here are top cringe.
    Absolutely. We are talking to people with serious egocentric issues.

you know, people keep saying how they explore more on the ground. I see so much more from above. that hidden nook that I rode right past, becasue I was too focused on trying to get where i was going and not get stuck in a terrain and make sure I'm going the right way and no, can't stop unless I want to mindlessly grind through pointless mobs that are only there to extend my time in game without actualy making it more fun, but certainly taking away the time I COULD have been spending exploring, instead I'm spending it commuting. that hidden nook? I finally find through flying, because oh hey, I can actualy look around and go off the beaten path without worrying of getting stuck or getting hopelessly lost and having to summon a taxi with a whistle so that I could start over and just.. all the annoyances that actualy make exploration LESS likely, not more.

Deleted
    I still hope for my idea to replace flying by bouncing.

See the attached illustration.

Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    Absolutely. We are talking to people with serious egocentric issues.
    Which is more "ego-centric": The guy who asks for all players to get a choice in how to approach the game world, or the guy who says everyone should have to use the same playstyle as himself so it doesn't ruin HIS experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'm happy Blizzard put in something that should have been in 7.0.
    No it shouldn't have. Stop. They don't design content for people to skip and fly over and bitch about how there's nothing to do and you've rushed through everything.

Relax millennial
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

I guess they should made it available at 7.1. But hey, you know, Flying is alot like LFR, if you don't like it. Don't use it.
    There's whistle you can use or even better, fly path all over the place.
    So you can go take a dump.
    Because fly path = Immersion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Which is more "ego-centric": The guy who asks for all players to get a choice in how to approach the game world, or the guy who says everyone should have to use the same playstyle as himself so it doesn't ruin HIS experience?
    The guy that thinks the game should change according to his own likings. Aka, you.